Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Alpha - The Movie

We watched this as a family the other night and it was an OK adventure movie, until the ending.

The story is about a Cro-Magnon kid and his dad who's the chief (alpha) of his tribe. He takes the kid on a big hunt and tries to teach him to be brave, be a leader, etc. They encounter a wolf pack at one point and the dad points out the alpha wolf who is leading his pack. The kid balks during the hunt, gets hurt and left for dead. When he gets attacked by the wolf pack, he injures the alpha, then nurses him back to health. The kid actually names him Alpha. They go toe to toe several times before the wolf finally succumbs to his master and becomes man's best friend.

They hunt together, they save each other and eventually, the kid makes it home. Happy ending, right? Guess, what? The wolf is actually a pregnant female.

Again, Hollywood has to take an otherwise decent movie and turn it into a statement about feminism. Why?

We watched this as a family the other night and it was an OK adventure movie, until the ending.

The story is about a Cro-Magnon kid and his dad who's the chief (alpha) of his tribe. He takes the kid on a big hunt and tries to teach him to be brave, be a leader, etc. They encounter a wolf pack at one point and the dad points out the alpha wolf who is leading his pack. The kid balks during the hunt, gets hurt and left for dead. When he gets attacked by the wolf pack, he injures the alpha, then nurses him back to health. The kid actually names him Alpha. They go toe to toe several times before the wolf finally succumbs to his master and becomes man's best friend.

They hunt together, they save each other and eventually, the kid makes it home. Happy ending, right? Guess, what? The wolf is actually a pregnant female.

Again, Hollywood has to take an otherwise decent movie and turn it into a statement about feminism. Why?

My wife and I watched it. We figured the pups were to show how the domestication continued.

I believe a typical pack has both an male and female alpha, and those two are the only breeding pair. I think there are instances where packs in captivity have had a female alpha.

While it is far from the norm, there is reason to believe that a pack could be led by an alpha female. But in typical leftist/SJW fashion, we have to pretend the outlier is the norm I guess.

My wife and I watched it. We figured the pups were to show how the domestication continued.

Right. But why have us believe he's a male the whole time until the end?

Right. But why have us believe he's a male the whole time until the end?

I see your point. I guess we weren't supposed to assume he was a male even though he named it Alpha.

I see your point. I guess we weren't supposed to assume he was a male even though he named it Alpha.

Right. Girls can do anything boys can do. Plus they can have babies. Maybe Im reading too much into it.

Maybe the male wolf was a deadbeat, so the female had to learn how to raise her pups alone?

Bigger question. Who got the dog pregnant?

A black lab

And in typical GC fashion we're worried about the sex of a dog in a cartoon. Talk about focking snowflakes.

And in typical GC fashion we're worried about the sex of a dog in a cartoon. Talk about focking snowflakes.

Not a cartoon and not worried.

Just a brief movie review with an observation about the surprise ending. Ever see the Crying Game?