Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Have you ever had a LandYacht?

My first car...dads 1976 olds 98. Four door...455 v8.

So long...like yooge!

Cruising in luxury! Fit 8 bags of golf clubs.

Damn that car was awesome!!

So long...like yooge!

Not a land yacht per se, but I drove my Dads hand me down 75 Duster after I totalled my P/U. That think was a bulletproof beast. Only thing it couldnt beat was rust around Nader pins and door hinges. RIP.

My first car was an 84 Impala station wagon with a 305. Not only was it the most gutless car I have ever driven it also got the worst gas mileage and was unreliable to boot.

Who would have thought that a 400 dollar car could be so crappy.

It meets the requirements of this thread, it sat 8 very comfortably.

So long...like yooge!

It's the reason I'm ahead of the pack

It's the reason I left them back

It's the reason all the people say

My 98 Olds blows 'em all away

88 Caprice classic... Lived in the city of Albany NY at the time...could parallel park that boat like a mother focker.

72 Thunderbird black with white vinly top & white interior, had the 460 police engine.

My dad found it and we bought it from a cop in 1979.

We called it the pimpmobile

72 Thunderbird black with white vinly top & white interior, had the 460 police engine.

Ugh...if 72 is what Im thinking, that meets the yacht definition. Black w/ white interior? Wow.

My first car was an 84 Impala station wagon with a 305. Not only was it the most gutless car I have ever driven it also got the worst gas mileage and was unreliable to boot.

Who would have thought that a 400 dollar car could be so crappy.

It meets the requirements of this thread, it sat 8 very comfortably.

The 1980s carburated 305s were the worst. Fuel mileage if a 454, and power of a V6.

cruisin down the street in my six-fo...jockin the bitches, slappin the hoes :bandana:

The 1980s carburated 305s were the worst. Fuel mileage if a 454, and power of a V6.

Fock everything between 72 and 2006ish

88 Caprice classic... Lived in the city of Albany NY at the time...could parallel park that boat like a mother focker.

My friends lived on Washington ave near Uptown News.

84 crown vic. The one with the curtains and the oval mirror in the side posts. When you used the turn signal, it sounded like a zippo opening and closing. Put the petal to the floor and you could watch the gas needle drop.

My grandfather had a 1976 Lincoln Continental with a 460 cubic inch engine. It only had about 30k miles and he never drove it. I wanted it so badly when he passed away, but I wasnt old enough, nor did I have enough space at my rental to properly take care of it.

My uncle ended up bringing it out to Pennsylvania where he got it running. Even though I had a small obsession with the car at one point, I turned down an offer to have it shipped back to IL since I didn't have a big enough garage still. It would have just been a money pit that would have pissed off my wife at the time just like it had my grandma taking up most of her garage. Damn that car was beautiful

1st car 1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car. I defy anyone to longer than that. Could fit 8 comfortably. 10 if needed. Could cruise at 100 like being on a cloud. Only $5 a day in gas (1985) dollars.

I've had a lanyard

Can't quite remember the year but I'm thinking around a 1978 Olds Toronado. Huge backseat. :thumbsup:

I drove a 1967 Ford Galaxsee 500 4 door..... It was green with a green interior. 289 V8 was dead reliable but not near enough motor for that large of a car, I think it weighed almost 4,000 lbs. Could fit 4 adults comfortably in the trunk.

The first car I ever bought was a 76 4 door Chevy Nova. That was by far my favorite car.

The first car I ever bought was a 76 4 door Chevy Nova. That was by far my favorite car.

Sweet rides.

---

Man all of you are lucky you got to grow up with these cars. So much cooler than the Prius/Civics I had to stare at in my formative years.

By the time the Lincoln bit it, and it was a mere 11 years old, both wiper motors were gone, 3 of the 4 window motors were gone, and the turn signals has to be done manually.

Even the same color, bought this from my uncle when I turned 16...three years of washing dishes and busing tables to get it.

Sweet rides.

---

Man all of you are lucky you got to grow up with these cars. So much cooler than the Prius/Civics I had to stare at in my formative years.

Bought mine in 95. $150, straight cash homie.

'83 Chrysler Cordoba --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Cordoba#Second_generation_(1980%E2%80%931983)

$500 - Had every option, none of them worked. Was a sweet ride for somebody but, not me.

My dad had that exact car. Maybe he sold his to you. Thing was a POS by the time he got rid of it.

No 8 track? What a POS.

Mine came with an 8-track. That got replaced pretty quickly with a state of the art cassette player! Played all the tapes I got from Columbia House for a penny!!! :headbanger: