Sign in to follow this  
Kanil

People announcing they wont run in 2018...

So I keep hearing X GOP congressman/senator won't run in 2018 and it's being portrayed as some major indictment on President Trump. It got me wondering if this is actually something or if this happens every election cycle but is being built up bigger than it is by the media. My question is this, at this point 4 years ago, how many members of congress/senate had announced they would not be seeking re-election (on both sides) and how does that compare to today?

I know I could probably find that info on the interwebs but I don't have the time right now as work is kicking my ass. Schtick is obviously expected but any real answers would be great.

Ask Sho to look. He's free all day every day.

It's the media trying to do exactly what you said. The only reason they're doing it is giving advance notice to help the party by giving them time to select someone else. It has nothing to do with the sitting President.

It's the media trying to do exactly what you said. The only reason they're doing it is giving advance notice to help the party by giving them time to select someone else. It has nothing to do with the sitting President.

Any idea as to how that compares to 4, 8, 12, etc... years ago?

Ask Sho to look. He's free all day every day.

Over/under on how many TVs he has set up next to each other with different political news feeds 24/7?

Over/under on how many TVs he has set up next to each other with different political news feeds 24/7?

Zero

Dont watch politics on TV.

Also...:lol: at how much space I own in Hawkers melon.

Charlie Dent is the newest one as of an hour or two ago.

Zero

Also...:lol: at how much space I own in Hawkers melon.

It’s like a 3br condo with a view and a guest house attached.

Its like a 3br condo with a view and a guest house attached.

Definitely roomy in there.

Any idea as to how that compares to 4, 8, 12, etc... years ago?

No facts, just my opinion. I feel they are making more out of it in an attempt to discredit Trump. Both sides have always announced early but again, the "news" is definitely distorting it to the liberal crowd.

Ryan Shazier

Zero

Also... :lol: at how much space I own in Hawkers melon.

You're like the jelly of the month club, the gift that just keeps on giving. Your stupidity is priceless.

• Like 1

Retirement story with graph comparing to other elections.

Some of you should check out this thing called Google, you can find out stuff. :shocking:

I wish this went further back. I feel like the last true comparison for the GOP would be the 2000 W election. Although that would have been affected by 9/11 and the overwhelming support we threw behind our elected officials then so maybe we need to go back to GHWB.

I wish this went further back. I feel like the last true comparison for the GOP would be the 2000 W election. Although that would have been affected by 9/11 and the overwhelming support we threw behind our elected officials then so maybe we need to go back to GHWB.

Vox has an article with total retirements graph going back to 1946, but not broken down by party.

Retirement story with graph comparing to other elections.

Some of you should check out this thing called Google, you can find out stuff. :shocking:

Good find. Anybody who thinks that this amount of announcements is anywhere near normal is definitely living in denial. Of particular note are the number of leadership roles like a committee heads that are leaving one of the other. Basically, it's harder to get these guys out of office then a tick off a coonhound. For them to leave is one hell of a thing.

I guess most of you don't know what draining the swamp is all about.

I guess most of you don't know what draining the swamp is all about.

Making room for new creatures?

I am also not running in 2018

:(

Of course you're not you fat fock. You'd have a heart attack if you did.

As fat as you are I'm surprised you can even walk.

Is it possible to rascal for office?

So, the president's against human rights abuse? Well, that certainly is a refreshingly progressive stance!😂

Beats the alternative Democratic "humanitarian aid" to places like Haiti, Syria, etc where it just enriches the Clintons. :lol:

Also, read the corruption parts. Pay attention to the part about seizing property of those aiding & abetting corruption. Why did Soros transfer bulk of his assets to non-profit? Oof...

😂

It says you can't wear assistive swimming devices. Wouldn't that mean you just swim in circles?

Yes.

Beats the alternative Democratic "humanitarian aid" to places like Haiti, Syria, etc where it just enriches the Clintons. :lol:

Also, read the corruption parts. Pay attention to the part about seizing property of those aiding & abetting corruption. Why did Soros transfer bulk of his assets to non-profit? Oof...

So, would that include, for example, doubling the membership fees for clubs that provide exclusive access to, oh I don't know, the president of the United States?

We still never did get a full accounting of the hundred million that Trump collected

for his $347 inauguration.

I mean, other than the 26 million that was paid out to melania's Buddy for doing absolutely nothing.

I really don't think this President of all presidents wants to play the corruption game.

Have we heard if Po'Colts is running for anything? <nerf toss>

I wouldn't go so far as to call the brother fat. I mean, he's got a weight problem. What's the nigga gonna do? He's Samoan.