Sign in to follow this  
Seven elementary school students cut wrists at school...

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/7-prince-georges-county-elementary-students-cut-wrists-at-school-officials-say

HYATTSVILLE, Md. - Seven students at an elementary school in Prince Georges County cut their wrists at school using blades from pencil sharpeners, according to officials.

Officials with Prince Georges County Public Schools said a concerned parent at William Paca Elementary School in Hyattsville came forward on March 29 and an investigation was launched.

It was revealed that the students used blades out of pencil sharpeners to cut themselves, officials stated.

All seven students were seen by the school nurse and none of the children were taken to the hospital, according to officials. School counselors were brought in to speak with the students.

Officials announced a ban on pencil sharpeners at the school in a message sent to parents on March 29 and said they worked to contact the families of students involved over spring break, which was between April 2 and April 6.

Several concerned parents questioned why the school waited until Tuesday to alert all parents of the incident. Prince Georges County Public Schools released the following statement to FOX 5:

The school's first priority was identifying students who may have engaged in this activity and contacting their parents to offer support. The investigation continued through spring break and after. The parents of seven students were contacted first to offer support.

"During the investigation, messages were sent to all parents banning the use of handheld pencil sharpers as there are classroom pencil sharpeners available. The investigation has concluded. Today, a letter was sent to all parents informing them of the incidents, guidance lessons being taught in school, and counseling resources available if parents or students have concerns."

Can't ban pencil sharpeners, they have already announced that...

ban pencil sharpeners

I never understood attempted suicide. At risk of sounding like an unemotional, unfeelings neanderthal. Unless you're saved by a second party after the fact. What is the attempt part?

You either do it, or you don't. Anything else is a look at me attention grab.

Ok, flame away on me.

• Like 1

I never understood attempted suicide. At risk of sounding like an unemotional, unfeelings neanderthal. Unless you're saved by a second party after the fact. What is the attempt part?

You either do it, or you don't. Anything else is a look at me attention grab.

Ok, flame away on me.

I wouldn't say that so much. It turns out we are really difficult to kill. Especially if you don't have access to firearms. There's a certain point where the body says screw that! I want to live! Even if the brain saying screw that I don't want to live.

Even with access to firearms, I used to volunteer at Craig Rehabilitation Hospital. And I would say that other than motorcycles, Firearms were probably our number two source of customers.

That's the part that would suck. These poor bastards shoot themselves in the head thinking that it's a guaranteed kill shot and it turns out that it's not that easy. You might become a vegetable or partly vegetabled and then you have really no choice but to just lay there and take it.

Now in this case? Yeah, clearly just really stupid kids looking for attention.

jeez its like I read about that 13 reasons why (suicide show), and how when that show first aired and ended, teen suicides were up like 15%

There's actually quite a bit of debate about how to handle suicides among young people. We are filled with these huge mega churches here and damned if we don't have one of the highest rates of teen suicide in the country.

The problem is, one kid kills herself and then there's this massive outpouring of love and tributes and yada yada and then all these other emo kids want attention and love and tributes and, well you guessed it.

Used to be, we never talked about it. Then all the Liberals told us we have to talk about it! And now they're saying maybe we shouldn't talk about it so much.

Me? I think a fully nude open casket would solve the trick pretty fast. You'd be amazed at how many kids really don't want to be seen naked much less with bloating and all the other nasty that happens when they die.

But seriously, that leads to me a real solution. You show these kids dead bodies. You talk about what happens to bodies just before they died and right after they die. I honestly think we'd have a lot less suicides if some of these vain little emo monsters knew that the first person to find them are likely going to find them having and pissed themselves.

it, give them ride-alongs with First Responders to Suicide calls. I bet it would work huge.

• Like 1

jeez its like I read about that 13 reasons why (suicide show), and how when that show first aired and ended, teen suicides were up like 15%

Yeah that show was wildly irresponsible. Focking glamorized that sh1t :thumbsdown:

Jesus wtf is wrong with society these days? :(

Pretty simple really. Idiots reproducing and this is the result. Even dumber humanoids. Wait until these retards reproduce...if they make it that far.

Pretty simple really. Idiots reproducing and this is the result. Even dumber humanoids. Wait until these retards reproduce...if they make it that far.

You mean like Shonuff?