Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Brady/Belichick Feud?

How dumb would the Niners have been to keep joe Montana and trade Steve Young?

Because thats what the Pats did.

Other reports say Kraft made Belichick trade Garropolo. Seems plausible otherwise how do you explain that sh1t trade mid-season? If the trade was on Belichicks terms it wouldve gone a whole helluva lot better

Wow, I did not know that Jimmy G is a HOF'er. Amazing.

The 9'ers had a known commodity in Young. Garoppolo had 2 games under his belt. They got a 2nd rounder and Hoyer for Jimmy G. Not great, but it is not like others were offering more.

The 9'ers had a known commodity in Young. Garoppolo had 2 games under his belt. They got a 2nd rounder and Hoyer for Jimmy G. Not great, but it is not like others were offering more.

You never run out of sunshine to blow up anything Pats related ass'. It was a bad trade. If the Browns were giving up what they had offered for Macarron ( a 2 and a 3) then the Pats didn't get value. Couple that with the QB is 40. I know he's not allowed to be hit by the lesser teams in the NFL, but 40 is 40.

You never run out of sunshine to blow up anything Pats related ass'. It was a bad trade. If the Browns were giving up what they had offered for Macarron ( a 2 and a 3) then the Pats didn't get value. Couple that with the QB is 40. I know he's not allowed to be hit by the lesser teams in the NFL, but 40 is 40.

I have heard that they could have gotten more, but I have not seen any evidence of that. They also wanted him out of conference.

It was a bad trade, you don't have to spend every waking second sucking the Pat's d!ck.

It was a bad trade, you don't have to spend every waking second sucking the Pat's d!ck.

how can he when your head is in the way every waking second ?

Looking back now, it was a bad trade, but it does not seem that they had any other offers.

Oh, and you can suck my d!ck. :lol:

Looking back now, it was a bad trade, but it does not seem that they had any other offers.

Oh, and you can suck my d!ck. :lol:

He didn't have to be traded at that time.

How can the trade be judged ? The pats haven't gotten their second rounder yet.

Lets see it play out until there is a player to judge it against?

:doh:

My god these envious cry babies will latch onto to anything have a "see the pats have a flaw" feeling of victory.

Focking sad

He didn't have to be traded at that time.

It gets worse later on. You have to tag him and hold that money so you can't sign FA's. The Pats have a lot of FA's this year so they need to be active.

Then, you can't trade him until he signs the tag, so he controls things from that point on - when he goes, where he goes, etc.

It gets worse later on. You have to tag him and hold that money so you can't sign FA's. The Pats have a lot of FA's this year so they need to be active.

Then, you can't trade him until he signs the tag, so he controls things from that point on - when he goes, where he goes, etc.

Then why wasn't he traded sooner? They traded Brisett. Someone wanted to keep him, that much is obvious.

Then why wasn't he traded sooner? They traded Brisett. Someone wanted to keep him, that much is obvious.

They wanted to try to sign Jimmy G longer term. Supposedly they were offering "only" $17m, but Jimmy wanted to play right away. Remember, Brady and Garoppolo have the same agent.

They wanted to try to sign Jimmy G longer term. Supposedly they were offering "only" $17m, but Jimmy wanted to play right away. Remember, Brady and Garoppolo have the same agent.

All that would have been discussed in the off season, not in October. Someone wanted him to stay, someone wanted him gone. It's as clear as day man.

All that would have been discussed in the off season, not in October. Someone wanted him to stay, someone wanted him gone. It's as clear as day man.

Yes, this is correct.

Its not like they suddenly realized he was going to be a free agent.

If that was the problem then trade him in the off season. Which they were apparently not inclined to do short of being offered a kings ransom.

So then you suddenly turn around and panick trade him for a measly second rounder mid-season?

Obviously someone intervened.

Bills are coming for the Pats next week

You mean Jacksonville in the AFCCG?

Theyre built for it. Hell they even got Tom coughlin for good measure

Yes, this is correct.

If that was the problem then trade him in the off season. Which they were apparently not inclined to do short of being offered a kings ransom.

So then you suddenly turn around and panick trade him for a measly second rounder mid-season?

"Someone" didn't intervene. The trade deadline happened. There are teams that hold assets waiting for players on other teams to get hurt. Brissett was one such player.

I think the Pats would have traded Garoppolo for the right price before the draft last year, but teams were emboldened by the promise of the prior year's rookie class and the fact that Garoppolo was hurt in 2016. His value was further hurt by the perceived value of Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes.

I'm curious to see what the Pats do this offseason in regard to the backup QB situation.

Do they just say "fock it" and ride the brady dynasty until the wheels fall off, and take a position player to try to fuel another run?

Do they try to take a QB at the back end of the first?

They were in a tough spot with the Brady/Garapollo situation. Personally, I'm rooting for Brady retiring soon and the whole thing collapsing into sh!t.

"Someone" didn't intervene. The trade deadline happened. There are teams that hold assets waiting for players on other teams to get hurt. Brissett was one such player.

I think the Pats would have traded Garoppolo for the right price before the draft last year, but teams were emboldened by the promise of the prior year's rookie class and the fact that Garoppolo was hurt in 2016. His value was further hurt by the perceived value of Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes.

Did you get dizzy coming up with that?

I'm curious to see what the Pats do this offseason in regard to the backup QB situation.

Do they just say "fock it" and ride the brady dynasty until the wheels fall off, and take a position player to try to fuel another run?

Do they try to take a QB at the back end of the first?

They were in a tough spot with the Brady/Garapollo situation. Personally, I'm rooting for Brady retiring soon and the whole thing collapsing into sh!t.

They have spent a lot of energy on QB in the past. They draft QB's all the time. Many are busts, though.

Sad how many pats fans can't see the forest through Belichick's pubic hair

I'd love to see Brady go down just to see this debacle rear it's ugly head.

he'll go down, as the greatest ever. Wait, he's already there.

Yes, this is correct.

Or they held him as long as they could as an insurance policy for Brady and still get something for him. :dunno:

Or they held him as long as they could as an insurance policy for Brady and still get something for him. :dunno:

I doubt it because thats not a very smart move.

Maximizing your return on your investment is far more important than, what, an 8 game insurance policy?

And whyd you trade your other backup if you were going to move jimmy midseason all along?

Not buying it.

Maximizing your return on your investment is far more important than, what, an 8 game insurance policy?

And whyd you trade your other backup if you were going to move jimmy midseason all along?

Not buying it.

:thumbsup:

Not buying it.

Check out their salary cap for more info. They basically have $17m available for next season and they have some huge holes to fill. If they tag Jimmy G (only real option after the season), then they would have to cut some guys and then wait until he signs the tender before they can do anything in free agency. They did not plan it out so well, but they are trying to win another SB so they definitely looked more at the short-term.

Not buying it.

What were they actually offered that would have maximized the investment? It would be great if Wickersham's reporting actually included any kind of detail on what "high demand" means, because unless we know what kind of offers they supposedly passed on it's impossible to judge anything. Unless it was multiple firsts, which I've never heard, I think you could argue that keeping him for that insurance policy is as valuable to a defending SB Champ hoping to repeat as the difference between a first and a second.

The Browns were giving a 2 and a 3 for AJ Macaron before they screwed it up. I would have to think JG would fetch at least that this past off season

The Browns were giving a 2 and a 3 for AJ Macaron before they screwed it up. I would have to think JG would fetch at least that this past off season

easy.

I totally believe Cleveland was offering the 25 and the Pats were trying to get the #1

there are rumors that BB actually liked and believed in Jimmy G and didn't want to send him to CLE to rot.

so it's like everything with this whole "story"... nobody knows... but it's fun the come up with all kinds of scenarios and pretend they are fact.

Was Bellchick really on the cover of NY Newspapers? RMFF.

Has to hurt to know that BB pines for the NY Giants

there are rumors that BB actually liked and believed in Jimmy G and didn't want to send him to CLE to rot.

so it's like everything with this whole "story"... nobody knows... but it's fun the come up with all kinds of scenarios and pretend they are fact.

Was Bellchick really on the cover of NY Newspapers? RMFF.

Last time BB ever said this about any player that wasn't retiring?

I like the part where Brady is a to his backups, but when Hoyer comes in he is described as a "longtime friend". Yeah a "longtime friend" who used to be his backup. :rolleyes: