Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Cowboys Release Dez Bryant

No wonder Pat quit the DNDL

Die Nasty El Padrino gave up Ingram, Mark NOS RB;Bryant, Dez DAL WR

4th and 9 Inches gave up Brown, Antonio PIT WR

Sat Sep 17 2:51:43 p.m. ET 2016

Tony Romo ($8.9 million in dead money) & Dez Bryant ($8 million in dead money) will count a combined $16.9 million against the Cowboys' salary cap in 2018 The Cowboys now have the 2nd-most dead money in 2018 of any team

He was no longer worth the money or the drama!

Next Man Up!

A year too late

agreed

I would have loved to keep Butler or snagged another FA

Tony Romo ($8.9 million in dead money) & Dez Bryant ($8 million in dead money) will count a combined $16.9 million against the Cowboys' salary cap in 2018 The Cowboys now have the 2nd-most dead money in 2018 of any team

JERRAH! :doh:

Nick Foles won more playoff games last season than the Cowboys franchise since 1996.

:first:

Nick Foles won more playoff games last season than the Cowboys franchise since 1996.

Big D1ck Nick did a hell of a job on D in the playoffs.

:lol: :first:

The writing was on the wall.......anyone shocked wasn't paying attention.

* This sends a clear sign that Jerry (officially) no longer rules with 100% autonomy.

* This sends a clear sign that Stephen and Will McClay are assuming bigger roles.

* This sends a clear sign that Dallas will take a WR in the 1st round at 19.......... prolly Ridley if he is there.

Personally, it was the right move - needed to be done.

• Like 1

* This sends a clear sign that Dallas will take a WR in the 1st round at 19.......... prolly Ridley if he is there.

which is why they will never win anything

which is why they will never win anything

I've been screaming this for years now..... It's one of about 50 reasons why they will never play in February again.

McClay better make these next few drafts spectacular, because the Cowboobs are going to be shelling a lot of money out next year.

The writing was on the wall.......anyone shocked wasn't paying attention.

* This sends a clear sign that Jerry (officially) no longer rules with 100% autonomy.

* This sends a clear sign that Stephen and Will McClay are assuming bigger roles.

Personally, it was the right move - needed to be done.

Not shocked.

Actually impressed Dallas didn't wait until after the draft and fock up his chances of getting a better contract with another team.

McClay better make these next few drafts spectacular, because the Cowboobs are going to be shelling a lot of money out next year.

True.

On the flip side, Dallas will get some relief on the Cap too that should help... Romo/Dez will be off the books, look for T. Crawford to get axed - that's a ton of money there...... The elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about is Jason Witten - something needs to be done with him too.

Actually impressed Dallas didn't wait until after the draft and fock up his chances of getting a better contract with another team.

Actually, I think Dallas focked him over a bit by waiting so long to do it... They knew damn good and well he wasn't going to be here - they could of released as soon as FA hit if they really wanted to honor him.

I couldn't get ###### for him in the DNDL last year

Beauty and the Beast Mode / Professor Stats Trade Rejected
Beauty and the Beast Mode offers Kelley, Rob WAS RB;Coleman, Corey CLE WR; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Beauty and the Beast Mode
Professor Stats for Bryant, Dez DAL WR; Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from Kat Fancy
:dunno:

Actually, I think Dallas focked him over a bit by waiting so long to do it... They knew damn good and well he wasn't going to be here - they could of released as soon as FA hit if they really wanted to honor him.

Meh, they may have been talking about restructuring his contract and couldn't work it out. :dunno:

Beauty and the Beast Mode / Professor Stats Trade Rejected
Beauty and the Beast Mode offers Kelley, Rob WAS RB;Coleman, Corey CLE WR; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick from Beauty and the Beast Mode
Professor Stats for Bryant, Dez DAL WR; Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from Kat Fancy
:dunno:

yah that was like the 1st week after I took over

Meh, they may have been talking about restructuring his contract and couldn't work it out. :dunno:

According to sources inside the Star - no negotiations have been in the works.... Nor was Dez offered a pay cut - he was just flat out let go.

Which like I said, the writing has been on the wall for some time now.... In addition to signing Hurd, Dallas has brought in several wr draft prospects for visits.... When you're only allowed 30, and a bunch are used on WRs - any ideas of a pay cut offer are diminished.

According to sources inside the Star - no negotiations have been in the works.... Nor was Dez offered a pay cut - he was just flat out let go.

Which like I said, the writing has been on the wall for some time now.... In addition to signing Hurd, Dallas has brought in several wr draft prospects for visits.... When you're only allowed 30, and a bunch are used on WRs - any ideas of a pay cut offer are diminished.

Wow. They did fock him then. :lol:

The elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about is Jason Witten - something needs to be done with him too.

No doubt :thumbsup:

I was actually hoping he'd retire this year, if only the guy could run after the catch.

Allen Hurns and Cole Beasley are the starting WR's? Jerry should have resigned Brice Butler if he knew this move was inevitable. I would still go defense in the first round of the draft and hope James Washington (Oklahoma State) is still on the board in the second round.

ETA: Terrence Williams is still there at WR.

I would still go defense in the first round of the draft and hope James Washington (Oklahoma State) is still on the board in the second round.

Bingo. :thumbsup:

Dez Bryant
@DezBryant
If I didn’t have my edge I got it now... I’m sorry they got to feel me it’s personal... it’s very personal

Typical. Don't care till you get cut

Typical. Don't care till you get cut

Jerry made Dez a very rich man. #88 pocketed near $60m and (basically) now says he was disrespected. WTF ?:wacko: