Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Josh Rosen

Remember when during the draft the guy felt all disrespected at not getting picked until 10 overall?

Rosen told reporters he was "pissed" and "really angry" he wasn't chosen in the top 3,

His quote: "There were nine mistakes ahead of me."

I wonder how he feels about that now?

I don't put it all on Rosen, but, if you are going to talk like that, you better put up better than a 55.2 completion % with a 5.8 yards per attempt.

Definitely came off as a complete douche. Will be interesting to see if his rough first year taught him any humility.

Definitely came off as a complete douche. Will be interesting to see if his rough first year taught him any humility.

I think it's just how he put it, right? "Nine mistakes"? As a Bear's fan, I am extremely happy with Roquan Smith. And I bet Andrew Luck is still doing cartwheels haven gotten Nelson on that line. Heck, the Bills and the Jets are just as bad as Arizona but I at least saw Darnold and Allen show some flashes this year that I did not see from Rosen.

By the way, Nelson should get rookie of the year consideration.

• Like 1

I'm definitely glad Bills took Allen instead of Rosen. Allen certainly has work to do, but he comes across as an earnest, hard working, blue collar type of guy. Perfect fit for Buffalo. As a Bills fan I would find it difficult to have to root for that arrogant punk Rosen.

He had the worst rookie year by far of the 5 1st round QBs selected. The NFL is littered with QBs who struggled mightily their first year and became good and sometimes great players. This next season is huge for him, if he doesn't show marked improvement it could be bust city

• Like 1

He had the worst rookie year by far of the 5 1st round QBs selected. The NFL is littered with QBs who struggled mightily their first year and became good and sometimes great players. This next season is huge for him, if he doesn't show marked improvement it could be bust city

Also, I think some people are starting to really see that coaching can make or break young QBs.

Also, I think some people are starting to really see that coaching can make or break young QBs.

Very true. Jared Goff is Exhibit A.

True, I find the hire at the head coach postion for Zona a very interesting one.

Not so sure I can see how it will help improve Rosen.

True, I find the hire at the head coach postion for Zona a very interesting one.

Not so sure I can see how it will help improve Rosen.

He's going to simplify the reads. These young QBs aren't being asked to read a defense like Brady and Brees are doing. Coaches are making it simple and teaching the QBs to run an enhanced college system.

Will he seems like a good one to teach him that.

Just not so sure he’s a nfl coach.

But I shall soon find out.

He's going to simplify the reads. These young QBs aren't being asked to read a defense like Brady and Brees are doing. Coaches are making it simple and teaching the QBs to run an enhanced college system.

That is very true. One of the reasons Lincoln Riley was speculated to be in the running for Browns coach earlier in the year. I'm pretty sure Kitchens put in plays that Baker ran in college.

Will he seems like a good one to teach him that.

Just not so sure he’s a nfl coach.

But I shall soon find out.

They could use a good draft and some offseason help. It will be an interesting situation to watch.

The Cardinals are as ripe a team for a trade down from #1 as any I can recall because they need help everywhere but none greater than OL.

Rosen needs time in the pocket and DJ needs blockers.

Trade down and take 5 OL in the 1st three rounds and hope you hit on a few..............forget about best available crap when you need OL to keep the best players on the team from being completely erased.

As an aside I'm not sure anyone can evaluate Rosen as a rookie QB with that OL. (I'm not saying he will be any good, just how can you possibly tell?) What would DJs excuse be.............. lost his juice from one year to the next?

The Cardinals are as ripe a team for a trade down from #1 as any I can recall because they need help everywhere but none greater than OL.

Trade down and take 5 OL in the 1st three rounds and hope you hit on a few..............forget about best available crap when you need OL to keep the best players on the team from being completely erased.

As an aside I'm not sure anyone can evaluate Rosen as a rookie QB with that OL. (I'm not saying he will be any good, just how can you tell?) What would DJs excuse be.............. lost his juice from one year to the next?

They really need a couple of teams to love Haskins. Right now, the #1 pick doesn't hold the value it usually does. The top talent is on the defensive side and there isn't a lot of drop off in picks 1-5.

I said it another thread but it bears repeating: I liked Rosen the best of all rookie qbs coming out this year. Get him some (any) protection and he will impress.

Everyone is saying DJ wasn't used properly and is still a top 5 talent while throwing Rosen under the bus for his completion % and ypa. Cards oline was terribad.

Also some team is gonna fall in love at the combine and AZ will be able to trade back.

I want my qb to have the swagger and chip on his shoulder to think there were 9 mistakes ahead of him. I wish Trubisky had that same mentality. Dude has all the tools, he just needs the unwavering confidence

I want my qb to have the swagger and chip on his shoulder to think there were 9 mistakes ahead of him. I wish Trubisky had that same mentality. Dude has all the tools, he just needs the unwavering confidence

You want your QB thinking it, not saying it. Fine line between confidence and arrogance.

You want your QB thinking it, not saying it. Fine line between confidence and arrogance.

I agree with this. As far as Trubisky, I think he has been concentrating on achieving what he is being asked to do with his talent. He is a unique situation that you don't see often in the NFL. He had such little college experience that he needs to just keep focusing on his work and not let anything else get in the way. The guy doesn't come out and talk a lot to the public, and when he is interviewed it's hard to read him. He's strictly business. Which I like a lot.

Flat out saying at the draft that there were 9 mistakes made before he was drafted was immature as can be. Ryan Leaf had a bunch of that in him when he was playing.

Nah, I will take it either way. It's ok for an assh0le coach like Mike Zimmer to publicly rip his kicker and destroy his confidence, but Mayfield and Rosen need to be PC? I don't agree with that

Nah, I will take it either way. It's ok for an assh0le coach like Mike Zimmer to publicly rip his kicker and destroy his confidence, but Mayfield and Rosen need to be PC? I don't agree with that

I don't think these guys have to be nice, but I would prefer if they prove themselves first. The part I do like about it, the NFL is simply another form of entertainment, and if there were no "bad" guys to root against, that wouldn't be as much fun.

As an aside I'm not sure anyone can evaluate Rosen as a rookie QB with that OL. (I'm not saying he will be any good, just how can you possibly tell?) What would DJs excuse be.............. lost his juice from one year to the next?

Right on.

Agreed.

I couldn't agree more with the forget bpa stuff when the oline is an abomination. I said that about Luck and Wilson. Keep the franchise qb upright and the team had a chance. Plus, BPA is BS with how often teams bust on their picks

Cardinals should see if they can trade a draft pick and Rosen for Foles.

I'm not certain but didn't Foles already have a shot at starting QB somewhere else? Plus, he would get killed in that Arizona offense. Just as any other QB would. Arizona is best off forgetting about QB until they can get an oline that is better than bottom 3 in the league.

Cardinals should see if they can trade a draft pick and Rosen for Foles.

Though I like him and his story quite a bit I'd not give sh!t for Foles. Yeah he won the SB. He's also a luckier version of case keenum.

Though I like him and his story quite a bit I'd not give sh!t for Foles. Yeah he won the SB. He's also a luckier version of case keenum.

I gotta agree. What would Foles have done in Denver this year? I'm not thinking much.

Lucked his way into a SB MVP? That is pretty rare for a qb to do. QBs like Keenum fail when the games really matter. Foles doesn't. Those two don't belong in the sane conversation

I have no problem with Foles getting a shot at being a starting QB next year, but saying the 30 year old should get his shot with the Cards and they give up a draft pick doesn't make any sense

Trade Rosen for a 1st rounder. Take Kyler Murray. Go full air raid.

I read it on another website and I liked it.

Trade Rosen for a 1st rounder. Take Kyler Murray. Go full air raid.

I read it on another website and I liked it.

You think they can get a first rounder for him? I would do that if I were the Cards, but I don't know how other teams view the guy.

If Cards cut bait on Rosen so quickly then Rosen can say that 10 teams made a mistake on draft day.

If Cards cut bait on Rosen so quickly then Rosen can say that 10 teams made a mistake on draft day.

You think they can get a first rounder for him? I would do that if I were the Cards, but I don't know how other teams view the guy.

I would think so. He wasnt great last year, but I dont think he did anything to make people think he is a bust. And comparing him to this years QB crop, he would be no worse than the 3rd QB off the board, no? He has to grade out higher than Drew Lock, right?

The issues about Rosen were his makeup and attitude, not his talent. He would grade out higher than any QB in this years class.

How about his on field play in the NFL? He was the worst QB in the league.

Oh he was bad, but rookie QB behind a bad o-line with bad coaches and bad skill position players, who do you blame? Could be him, could be a combination of the other factors.

Oh he was bad, but rookie QB behind a bad o-line with bad coaches and bad skill position players, who do you blame? Could be him, could be a combination of the other factors.

Could you possibly name those other factors.

Heh.

.....bad defense, horrible special teams, center with greasy palms, terrible uniforms, non-intimidating mascot, etc, etc.....