Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

The Dynasty Q&A thread

I also have an interesting trade offer out in our Keep 10 keeper (A ten team std scoring league) to a rookie in our league who has never played in this format. His depth sucks, he has never made a trade, and our league cut-down deadline is also Sunday night. I'm hoping to break him in with the following offer:

I give Schaub, Flynn, P Thomas,S Rice, Cobb, J Cook plus my 1.05 and my 2.08 for his 1.01 and his 2.01. Basically a package of six players to move up 4 spots in the 1st and 7 spots in the 2nd round of a 10 round combined veteran and rookie draft after 100 players have been rostered.

His team right now is A. Smith, McFadden, Helu, De Williams, Ridley, Fitz, Bowe, L Rob, Henderson, Cribbs, Tamme, Winslow.

Mine is Cutler, Schaub, Flynn, Forte, Stewart, Wells, Ryan Williams, P Thomas, Nicks, J Jones, Dem Thomas, A Brown, Garcon, S Rice, Cobb, V Davis, Cook.

It will be interesting to see if he bites. He would get to pick his top 10 keepers and drop the rest.

He hasn't even responded to any previous trade offers, just letting them expire. Maybe nobody told him where the ACCEPT or REJECT button is yet. :lol:

I also have an interesting trade offer out in our Keep 10 keeper (A ten team std scoring league) to a rookie in our league who has never played in this format. His depth sucks, he has never made a trade, and our league cut-down deadline is also Sunday night. I'm hoping to break him in with the following offer:

I give Schaub, Flynn, P Thomas,S Rice, Cobb, J Cook plus my 1.05 and my 2.08 for his 1.01 and his 2.01. Basically a package of six players to move up 4 spots in the 1st and 7 spots in the 2nd round of a 10 round combined veteran and rookie draft after 100 players have been rostered.

His team right now is A. Smith, McFadden, Helu, De Williams, Ridley, Fitz, Bowe, L Rob, Henderson, Cribbs, Tamme, Winslow.

Mine is Cutler, Schaub, Flynn, Forte, Stewart, Wells, Ryan Williams, P Thomas, Nicks, J Jones, Dem Thomas, A Brown, Garcon, S Rice, Cobb, V Davis, Cook.

It will be interesting to see if he bites. He would get to pick his top 10 keepers and drop the rest.

He hasn't even responded to any previous trade offers, just letting them expire. Maybe nobody told him where the ACCEPT or REJECT button is yet. :lol:

So MFM, if I may ask, what are you hoping to get out of moving up to the two spots you've mentioned? Or perhaps I should word it as "what does your rookie draft list look like?"

So MFM, if I may ask, what are you hoping to get out of moving up to the two spots you've mentioned? Or perhaps I should word it as "what does your rookie draft list look like?"

it's a four spot jump from 1.05 to 1.01.. T-rich seems the obvious/and byfar the most obvious choise I assume?

then the 2.01 could still have a pretty solid WR remaining?

it's a four spot jump from 1.05 to 1.01.. T-rich seems the obvious/and byfar the most obvious choise I assume?

then the 2.01 could still have a pretty solid WR remaining?

yeah, i was thinking it's Richardson, but scoring matters in the league. Dynasty league I'm in has big QB scoring and Luck/Griffin will be hot commodities this year. I was actually more curious about the 2nd round pick and his rookie rankings that far down the list.

It's always worth a shot. If I were him I'd rather just draft TRich than take on all the slop you are offering him, haha, some of which he probably wouldn't keep. I'm not saying those players don't have value, but I'd much rather the potential/ceiling of Richardson. A core group of McFadden, Richardson, Fitz, Bowe, Helu at least has potential.

Obviously his QB situation is pretty awful, but I doubt he competes this year anyways, so I wouldn't be worried about temporary upgrads like Schaub/Flynn. I'd just use that 2.01 pick on Weeden or Tannehill. Just my opinion.

FYI: At one point I think I was about to take on that team, or at least one of the available teams in that league. I'm just too busy this summer to add another league. Good luck.

If HR accepts that trade, madd, of be very surprised. I offered him a trade weeks ago for the 1.1 and he rejected. I don't remember off hand what it was but I feel like it was a similar deal minus all the fluff players that he can't even keep

420Allstars and StewburTx8 have it exactly right. What seems like a small move up is actually a huge difference. Frankly i don't know what i would do in his shoes. The interesting part is that the guy does not respond to emails, lists no phone and gives absolutely no feedback of any kind. Just leaves the offers sit there until they expire. So I don't expect any counter-offers either. Hell, I'd even be willing to negotiate (a little).

FYI, Wonder, I've given him a deadline and then I'll withdraw the offer as I will be traveling back to TX all day Sunday and won't get back until after the 5 pm deadline fore cuts. I'll probably make my cuts late Sat night or at 9 am Sunday morning.

12 team, 24 man dynasty.

Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex(rb,wr,or te)

ppr league.

Team A:

Doug Martin

LeGarrett Blount

Coby Fleener

Team B:

Donald Brown

Eric Decker

Austin Collie

Devonne Bess

Who wins now and later?

12 team, 24 man dynasty.

Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex(rb,wr,or te)

ppr league.

Team A:

Doug Martin

LeGarrett Blount

Coby Fleener

Team B:

Donald Brown

Eric Decker

Austin Collie

Devonne Bess

Who wins now and later?

What the rest of their rosters look like could make a difference. But I wouldn't be surprised if Eric Decker is the most valuable player in this deal this upcoming season. But the rest of that side of the trade is pretty ugly. Donald Brown MIGHT be a flex play some weeks, but the backfield in Indy is very crowded. Collie I don't see as much more than a WR4 or bye week fill in. Bess I view as even less.

So long term I definitely like the side getting Doug Martin and Coby Fleener. Martin could also be the best player this year and a capable RB2.

Back from vacation so I'll be back to doing some more posting.

Based on some good feedback in this post from Stewburtx8, I improved my offer, substituting Chris Wells for Matt Flynn. But this still got no response at all and the offer sat out there until late Saturday night. Since I had to make my cuts before heading back to TX, and without being able to make that trade, I dropped the following players: dropped Flynn, Matt SEA QB;Schaub, Matt HOU QB;Thomas, Pierre NOS RB;Wells, Beanie ARI RB;Williams, Ryan ARI RB;Cobb, Randall GBP WR;Rice, Sidney SEA WR;Cook, Jared TEN TE.

That left me with my 10 keepers:

Cutler, Jay CHI QB

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Forte, Matt CHI RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Brown, Antonio PIT WR

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Just for fun, WhiteWonder's team is:

Romo, Tony DAL QB

Bush, Reggie MIA RB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

Thomas, Daniel MIA RB

Austin, Miles DAL WR

Harvin, Percy MIN WR

Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR

Johnson, Steve BUF WR

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

With 100 players already rosterred in this 10 team league, we will have a ten round draft about August 1st.

--------------

We began the Fat Bastards dynasty rookie/ college developmental draft last night and we did not quite get halfway through.

My 1st pick was (as advertized) Doug Martin, and my second pick was Ray Graham, University of Pittsburgh RB at 2.05. This pick was dictated by the unusual flow of this draft, which didn't go anywhere near what I envisioned. I sure didn't expect to reach for a college player in round 2. My last two picks will be 3.05 and 3.09.

I'll probably post the complete results on Wednesday (July 18th).

Back from vacation so I'll be back to doing some more posting.

Based on some good feedback in this post from Stewburtx8, I improved my offer, substituting Chris Wells for Matt Flynn. But this still got no response at all and the offer sat out there until late Saturday night. Since I had to make my cuts before heading back to TX, and without being able to make that trade, I dropped the following players: dropped Flynn, Matt SEA QB;Schaub, Matt HOU QB;Thomas, Pierre NOS RB;Wells, Beanie ARI RB;Williams, Ryan ARI RB;Cobb, Randall GBP WR;Rice, Sidney SEA WR;Cook, Jared TEN TE.

That left me with my 10 keepers:

Cutler, Jay CHI QB

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Forte, Matt CHI RB

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB

Brown, Antonio PIT WR

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Just for fun, WhiteWonder's team is:

Romo, Tony DAL QB

Bush, Reggie MIA RB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

Thomas, Daniel MIA RB

Austin, Miles DAL WR

Harvin, Percy MIN WR

Heyward-Bey, Darrius OAK WR

Johnson, Steve BUF WR

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

With 100 players already rosterred in this 10 team league, we will have a ten round draft about August 1st.

--------------

We began the Fat Bastards dynasty rookie/ college developmental draft last night and we did not quite get halfway through.

My 1st pick was (as advertized) Doug Martin, and my second pick was Ray Graham, University of Pittsburgh RB at 2.05. This pick was dictated by the unusual flow of this draft, which didn't go anywhere near what I envisioned. I sure didn't expect to reach for a college player in round 2. My last two picks will be 3.05 and 3.09.

I'll probably post the complete results on Wednesday (July 18th).

This league is non-PPR right? The only keeper choice I might of done differently is keeping Beanie Wells over Jay Cutler. I'm hardly a Beanie fan, but with just Forte and Stewart, you are lacking RB depth. I doubt there is much available in the draft besides Richardson and Martin. I assume you could redraft Cutler or another decent QB2 in the draft, no? But I'm sure you have your reasons for this. :cheers:

Is White Wonder's team good enough to take down that incredibly stacked team yet?

This league is non-PPR right? The only keeper choice I might of done differently is keeping Beanie Wells over Jay Cutler. I'm hardly a Beanie fan, but with just Forte and Stewart, you are lacking RB depth. I doubt there is much available in the draft besides Richardson and Martin. I assume you could redraft Cutler or another decent QB2 in the draft, no? But I'm sure you have your reasons for this. :cheers:

Is White Wonder's team good enough to take down that incredibly stacked team yet?

League is non-PPR.

Cutler vs Wells - While this was my toughest choice, I'm extremely high on Cutler this year and see him as a low end QB1. Just like Ryan, both could have great upside, and playing the match-ups between the two, I should have the equivalent of a top 5 or 6 QB. Secondly, I would have picked up a 2nd QB at some point anyway and now I don't have to spend another draft pick on someone who I'm not as in love with as Cutler.

I also went "contrarian" on the Beanie thing for a couple of reasons. First, most of the league held on to 3 of 4 RBs (IMO some of questionable quality) but only kept 2 or 3 deep at WR. While they are all competing for those WRs, I hope to be snapping up RBs and, yes, there are a few that I have ranked higher than Beanie.

Also, I have my doubts that Beanie will be ready for the season, and so if I went in that direction, I felt I also would have to re-acquire Ryan Williams.

So the idea here was to maximize flexibility and value of my choices at draft time.

"Is White Wonder's team good enough to take down that incredibly stacked team yet?"

LOL - Loaded question - He will have to get through ME first.

Fair enough. For some reason I LOVE Brandon Marshall this year and still like Forte, but I'm not that high on Jay Cutler. I guess I just have trouble ever having confidence in Jay Cutler. But if there are other RB's available that you like better than Wells, then it makes sense. I obviously don't know all the keepers in your league.

If you can start 1 RB and 4 WR's, then I like your team a lot. I just have trouble liking Jonathan Stewart as a RB2 in non-PPR. Either way you should have some WR depth to trade for a RB if necessary. :dunno:

So, in my dynasty, I traded Megatron, Steven Jackson, and Desean Jackson, and this is what I scored in return after using the picks this year

1.02 Doug Martin

1.05 This pick was traded for Shonn Greene

1.08 Ronnie Hillman

1.09 Coby Fleener

1.10 LaMicheal James

2.06 Darrius Heyward-Bey

3.02 Mohamed Sanu

3.03 Brandon Weeden

3.04 Josh Gordon

3.05 Bernard Pierce

plus 4 first round picks next year (3 traded for, 1 was my original)

As promised, here is how the Fat Bastards Dynasty draft went down... This is a combined rookie and a total of a dozen available college developmental slots to fill. Owners could also carry-over players on their 4 player developmental squad by forfeiting a draft pick for each player carried over. 10 picks were forfeited so instead of a 4 round draft, there will be only 38 players selected, with 34 taken so far. Also 9 developmental draftees from last year were already rostered and not available for this draft, including Richardson, Luck, Knile Davis, Blackmon, Jeffrey, D Wilson, L James, L Miller, Michael Floyd.

So here is how the draft went down:

Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments

1.01 1. The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics Martin, Doug TBB RB ® This one was obvious!

1.02 2. Schmucks Griffin III, Robert WAS QB ® The next Vick? Or the next ######? Either way...he's the newest Schmuck

1.03 3. Schmucks * Lattimore, Marcus FA RBDev Pick #1. I need RB help, hope his knee doesnt explode again. But i wants me some Lattimore

1.04 4. Duh Namastes Fleener, Coby IND TE ® the next gronk? That would be great.Honestly ill take Dallas Clark level production.

1.05 5. Cincinnati Prancers * Allen, Keenan FA WR The second college player picked in the draft

1.06 6. Combative Clowns * Woods, Robert FA WR The devy picks are flying off the board

1.07 7. Combative Clowns Wright, Kendall TEN WR ®

1.08 8. ColourHaze Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB ® (My comment - earlier I traded 1.04 for G Little and another player; but if I hadn't done that trade, this is the guy I would have taken)

1.09 9. Duh Namastes * Ball , Montee FA RB Cant argue with production. Hoping he goes to bengals or another run heavy team that needs a 3 down back. (My comment - I thought this was a bit of a reach)

1.10 10. Cincinnati Prancers * Hunter, Juston FA WR (My comment - he was my highest rated college WR)

1.11 11. Duh Namastes Pead, Isaiah STL RB ®

1.12 12. ColourHaze Hill, Stephen NYJ WR ®

2.01 13. Cheesehead Broyles, Ryan DET WR ®

2.02 14. The Hype Machines * Barkley, Matt FA QB (My comment - college players are being drafted way too early in this draft, given the risk)

2.03 15. Cheesehead Quick, Brian STL WR ® (my comment - I have Quick ranked much lower than this)

2.04 16. The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics * Graham, Ray FA RB (My pick - When in Rome, do as.....with this many college players going, I knew if I wanted one it would have to be here. He was my #2 ranked college RB almost in a dead heat tie with Lattimore and I get him a full round later.

2.05 17. HitNRun * Wilson, Marquess FA WR (there goes another college player)

2.06 18. Cheesehead Randle, Rueben NYG WR ® (my comment - great value at 2.05)

2.07 19. Schmucks * Dyer, Michael FA RB Drafting a head case here. He should fit in nicely (with guys like Dez Bryant on his team)

2.08 20. ColourHaze Childs, Greg MIN WR ® (my comment - I like this pick)

2.09 21. Silly Rabbit Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR ®

2.10 22. The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville * Bernard, Giovani FA RB (my comment - I like the player, but a redshirt sophomore really adds to the risk)

2.11 23. Cincinnati Prancers Gordon, Josh CLE WR ® (my comment - he was a top target of mine and I had hoped he would drop to 3.05)

2.12 24. The Hype Machines Turbin, Robert SEA RB ® (my comment - I knew this guy relly liked Turbin anyway, and he was lucky - the news broke on Lynch 's DUI just before he went on the clock)

3.01 25. The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville * Lacy, Eddie FA RB (my comment - there's a trend here; some guys really love to roll the dice on college devy picks)

3.02 26. Yeti Brethren Green, Ladarius SDC TE ® (my comment - this was a reach)

3.03 27. Combative Clowns * Randle, Joseph FA RB (my comment- same comment as 3.01; this was the 12th devy pick so the insanity is now ove.)

3.04 28. Schmucks Criner, Juron OAK WR ® My comment - I really like Criner, since Gordon didn't fall, I really thought this guy would, So I was double sniped)

3.05 29. The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB ® With Gordon and Criner gone, Tannehill was by far the top rated rookie on my board and an excellent value - he will not be activated this year.)

3.06 30. Silly Rabbit Pierce, Bernard BAL RB ® (my comment - it is hard to comment on Rabbit's picks, because I am not in love with either Sanu or Pierce, but I don't hate them either.)

3.07 31. HitNRun Jones, Marvin CIN WR ® (my comment - another great value here)

3.08 32. ColourHaze The first of the forfeited picks

3.09 33. The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics Givens, Chris STL WR ® I had Givens and M Jones rated about equally - i was happy to take Givens.

3.10 34. Duh Namastes forfeited pick

3.11 35. Cheesehead forfeited pick

3.12 36. HitNRun Weeden, Brandon CLE QB ® (my comment - he's also a nice value here)

4.01 37. HitNRun forfeited pick

4.02 38. HitNRun forfeited pick

4.03 39. Yeti Brethren Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR ®

4.04 40. Cincinnati Prancers Allen, Dwayne IND TE ®

4.05 41. The Hype Machines Ballard, Vick IND RB

4.06 42. Silly Rabbit Nick Toon

4.07 43. Combative Clowns forfeited pick

4.08 44. ColourHaze forfeited pick

4.09 45. Duh Namastes forfeited pick

4.10 46. The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville forfeited pick

4.11 47. The Hype Machines Ganaway, Terrance NYJ RB

4.12 48. The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics forfeited pick

Other than the early pursuit of college picks, there were no really huge reaches and only a few small ones. The (insane) run on college players pushed the bargains all the way down to the mid 3rd round. I'll add more comments tomorrow.

So, in my dynasty, I traded Megatron, Steven Jackson, and Desean Jackson, and this is what I scored in return after using the picks this year

1.02 Doug Martin

1.08 Ronnie Hillman

1.09 Coby Fleener

1.10 LaMicheal James

2.06 Darrius Heyward-Bey

3.02 Mohamed Sanu

3.03 Brandon Weeden

3.04 Josh Gordon

3.05 Bernard Pierce

Is this a money league? whats the rest of your team look like?

you obviously got a big return but I cant see how your going to compete this year if you have to start all those rookies :dunno:

1.02 Doug Martin

1.08 Ronnie Hillman

1.09 Coby Fleener

1.10 LaMicheal James

2.06 Darrius Heyward-Bey

3.02 Mohamed Sanu

3.03 Brandon Weeden

3.04 Josh Gordon

3.05 Bernard Pierce

How do you have room on your roster for all those guys?

As promised, here is how the Fat Bastards Dynasty draft went down (with only 4 picks left to go). This is a combined rookie and a total of a dozen available college developmental slots to fill. Owners could also carry-over players on their 4 player developmental squad by forfeiting a draft pick for each player carried over. 10 picks were forfeited so instead of a 4 round draft, there will be only 38 players selected, with 34 taken so far. Also 9 developmental draftees from last year were already rostered and not available for this draft, including Richardson, Luck, Knile Davis, Blackmon, Jeffrey, D Wilson, L James, L Miller, Michael Floyd.

Other than the early pursuit of college picks, there were no really huge reaches and only a few small ones. The (insane) run on college players pushed the bargains all the way down to the mid 3rd round. I'll add more comments tomorrow.

Ok, now some things make a bit more sense. That's a pretty complicated league MFM, with the development rosters that's pretty much the deepest league I've ever seen. Still amazed to see guys like Wright, Quick, Sanu and Hill go as late as they did in that draft.

Is this a money league? whats the rest of your team look like?

you obviously got a big return but I cant see how your going to compete this year if you have to start all those rookies :dunno:

In addition to the rookies, I have:

Stafford/Hill

Cassell

Best

Benson

Branch

Henderson

Wayne

Garcon

Larunt Robinson

Aaron Hernandez

kicker

Lions D

Last year, I wont hte championship with smoke and mirrors. and mainly with Calvin and STafford blowing up the last few weeks. I cant expect that to happen again, and with Benson not having a job, Bests injuries, and SJax getting older, I felt it was time to move on.

SLU went from this:

Stafford

Benson

Jackson

Calvin

Desean

L Robinson

Hernandez

Novak

Lions D

to

Stafford

Greene

D Martin

Wayne

DHB

rookie at FLEX

Hernandez

Kicker

Lions D

Ok, now some things make a bit more sense. That's a pretty complicated league MFM, with the development rosters that's pretty much the deepest league I've ever seen. Still amazed to see guys like Wright, Quick, Sanu and Hill go as late as they did in that draft.

The college developmental twist and the rule allowing carryover of a taxi player for an extra year on the taxi squad with a loss of the lowest rookie draft pick adds complexity and additional game theory strategy to the league.

My personal philosophy regarding selection of up to a dozen college players. Since I'm a "game theory" guy, I like this option and just about every owner joined this league because of the challenge provided by this rule. Silly Rabbit (or Evil Genius) hates it.

We have some sophisticated players here, and also some gamblers, who are fascinated by trying to find the next Trent Richardson. A couple of these guys study college players almost as much as I study the rookies. These guys love picking college players, even when in most cases they would be better served taking rookies. There is tremendous risk if they are wrong. 12 college players were drafted last year, and 3 were already dropped from rosters. Probably 4 or 5 more would not have been drafted in the 1st round of this year's league rookie draft.

Then there are some like Doug who would never wait an extra year and will always draft a true rookie. IMO, these guys forego the excitement and do very well just drafting rookies, because as you can see, the rookie talent in this draft (above) got pushed down quite far. Marvin Jones went just before my pick at 3.09, and I still believe in the guy I picked (Givens) with the 3.09 more than I believe in Brian Quick who went much earlier.

My philosphy in drafting college players in this league is somewhere in the middle. Yes I do study the college players. Knowing the extra risk, I will only draft college players who I believe are odds-on to be drafted in the 1st round of the 2013 NFL draft (not including QBs). There were only 5 college players IMO that fit that criteria: RBs Lattimore and Graham, and WRs, K Allen, Woods, and J Hunter. FWIW, I like Hunter the best of the 3 WRs, but all should be drafted in the 1st round next year. So when Graham was still there for my 2.04 draft pick, I jumped on him.

My picks were 1.01 Doug Martin, 2.04 Ray Graham (RB U of Pittsburgh), Tannehill, a great value pick at 3.05, and Givens (StL WR) at 3.09.

Here is the link to the league where you can find our current rosters:

http://www29.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/48208#0

We will have a 5 round supplemental dispersion draft in mid August to complete our rosters.

I'd be interested in any comments, especially from those not in the league, as to who did the best in this draft, or comments about the order in which the college players were selected.

The college developmental twist and the rule allowing carryover of a taxi player for an extra year on the taxi squad with a loss of the lowest rookie draft pick adds complexity and additional game theory strategy to the league.

My personal philosophy regarding selection of up to a dozen college players. Since I'm a "game theory" guy, I like this option and just about every owner joined this league because of the challenge provided by this rule. Silly Rabbit (or Evil Genius) hates it.

We have some sophisticated players here, and also some gamblers, who are fascinated in trying to find the next Trent Richardson. A couple of these guys study college players almost as much as I study the rookies. These guys love picking college players, even when in most cases they would be better served taking rookies. There is tremendous risk if they are wrong. 12 college players were drafted last year, and 3 were already dropped from rosters. Probably 4 more would not have been drafted in the 1st round this year.

Then there are some like Doug who would never wait an extra year and will always draft a true rookie. IMO, these guys forego the excitement and do very well just drafting rookies, because as you can see, the rookie talent in this draft (above) got pushed down quite far. Marvin Jones went just before my pick at 3.09, and I still believe in the guy I pocked (Givens) with the 3.09 more than I believe in Brian Quick who went much earlier.

My philosphy in drafting college players in this league is somewhere in the middle. Yes I do study the college players. Knowing the extra risk, I will only draft college players who I believe are odds on to be drafted in the 1st round of the 2013 NFL draft (not including QBs). There were only 5 college players IMO that fit that criteria: RBs Lattimore and Graham, and WRs, K Allen, Woods, and J Hunter. FWIW, I like Hunter the best of the 3 WRs, but all should be drarted in the 1st round next year. So when Graham was still there for my 2.04 draft pick, I jumped on him.

My picks were 1.01 Doug Martin, 2.04 Ray Graham (RB U of Pittsburgh), Tannehill a great value pick at 3.05, and Givens (StL WR) at 3.09.

Here is the link to the league where you can find our current rosters:

http://www29.myfanta...12/home/48208#0

We will have a 5 round supplemental dispersion draft in mid August to complete our rosters.

I'd be interested in any comments, especially from those not in the league, as to who did the best in this draft, or comments about the order in which the college players were selected.

Talk about expanding your research base. Knowing rookies for traditional dynasty drafts is chore enough sometimes, but expanding it to top guys who haven't even announced yet is quite the challenge. Add to it the regionalization of the NcAA coverage and that's definitely a challenge. I'll probably check out site later, but thanks as always for the info MFM.

Figure I'd contribute to this little thread we have going on here...

I have the #12 pick in an Expert Dynasty League draft which includes the good folks at DraftCalc, FBG, FF Calculator, Football Diehards, Fantasy Sharks, Junkyard Jake, Bruno Boys, Fantasy Football Starters, FantasyTaz, Dynasty League Football and Fantasy Football Extreme.

http://football32.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=67457&O=17

I'm reasonably certain I know who I want with #12 and #13...what say you?

I have the #12 pick in an Expert Dynasty League draft which includes the good folks at DraftCalc, FBG, FF Calculator, Football Diehards, Fantasy Sharks, Junkyard Jake, Bruno Boys, Fantasy Football Starters, FantasyTaz, Dynasty League Football and Fantasy Football Extreme.

I'd grab Forte or Murray, then "reach for" Jimmy Graham if it is a TE mandatory league.

Forte and Murray have the potential to finish as the #1 RB. Graham just seems like a really safe bet to me with Brees realizing who his best receiver is.

I'd go Brees or Cam fallowed by McFadden.

Any combination of Gronk or Graham and Brees. Now before I start getting blasted again for wanting to wait on RBs think about last year. Evenn if Brees and Gronk were your first 2 picks last year you would have been rolling with how many points they were putting up. You could definitely get away with a RB like Bradshaw as your first rb taken in the third round.

And wtf is up with TRich as the sixth overall pick? I wish the "expert" at ffc was in my league. One less competitor to worry about. :doublethumbsup:

Any combination of Gronk or Graham and Brees. Now before I start getting blasted again for wanting to wait on RBs think about last year. Evenn if Brees and Gronk were your first 2 picks last year you would have been rolling with how many points they were putting up. You could definitely get away with a RB like Bradshaw as your first rb taken in the third round.

And wtf is up with TRich as the sixth overall pick? I wish the "expert" at ffc was in my league. One less competitor to worry about. :doublethumbsup:

QB and TE really make scence for a dynasty.

Because the draft hasn't moved since my last post...I had a wild thought last night that intrigued me (don't worry, I'm not going to do it). How great would it be to pair Gronk and Graham together in a dynasty?

Because the draft hasn't moved since my last post...I had a wild thought last night that intrigued me (don't worry, I'm not going to do it). How great would it be to pair Gronk and Graham together in a dynasty?

If te scored half a point more than wr or rb like in zealots and you can start one at flex, I wouldn't hesitate.

Since completing my Fat Bastards rookie draft, I kind of lost some enthusiasm for putting together a top 50 dynasty rookie ranking.

So I've got a question: does anyone still have a dynasty rookie draft coming up that wants to see how I rank them? If so, I'll get to it sometime within the week. If not, I'd just as soon put my free time into preparing better for my upcoming keeper and re-draft drafts. So if you really want 'em, speak up.

Since completing my Fat Bastards rookie draft, I kind of lost some enthusiasm for putting together a top 50 dynasty rookie ranking.

So I've got a question: does anyone still have a dynasty rookie draft coming up that wants to see how I rank them? If so, I'll get to it sometime within the week. If not, I'd just as soon put my free time into preparing better for my upcoming keeper and re-draft drafts. So if you really want 'em, speak up.

I want it MFM very much I was checking here all day on the 20th. Really! I was looking forward to it and not just to prepare for a rookie draft but to be able to look back upon as the season progresses. I have valued your perspective over the last couple of years even though I haven't always agreed with it.

One of the things that always happens is the "rookie fever" fades as the reality of an undeveloped 1st year player sets in and when guys begin throwing out their new toys because they don't work the way they thought they might it's nice to be able to go back and look at the original thesis and see if anything has really changed. Even if others don't speak up I believe MANY value what you have to say. If you don't get a big call for it consider doing for me....and yourself!

As a trader I have found one of the most valuable tools I have is a trading diary where I log my original thoughts upon entry of a position. It clariifes in moments of doubt whether the original thesis is intact and with hindsight allows for future improvement of evaluation.

Respectfully, Les

I'd still be interested too, as I have an August 1st draft date.

If you wanted to save some time. Could you maybe do a top 36?

I'd still be interested too, as I have an August 1st draft date.

If you wanted to save some time. Could you maybe do a top 36?

I was actually going to suggest this too in my earlier plea but I forgot.

OK guys...I didn't have a very good day today. Thanks for giving me the motivation I needed to get this together for you. I will have it by Wednesday latest and most likely before.

I'd grab Forte or Murray, then "reach for" Jimmy Graham if it is a TE mandatory league.

Forte and Murray have the potential to finish as the #1 RB. Graham just seems like a really safe bet to me with Brees realizing who his best receiver is.

I ended up with Graham and Murray. I explained my rationale for Graham in the comments section and think Murray has the best combination of youth, health, touches and talent of any of the remaining backs. Graham is simply too special to pass up...I can find a RB or WR in the draft down the road; I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find a 100-catch TE in the rookie draft anytime soon.

MADD I'm definitely looking forward to the rankings.

I'd trying to debate which 4 out of 5 to keep on my taxi sqaud.

Broyles-Locked

Toon-Locked

Osweiler-Pretty Locked

A. Robinson-TE Giants

M. McNutt

MADD I'm definitely looking forward to the rankings.

I'd trying to debate which 4 out of 5 to keep on my taxi sqaud.

Broyles-Locked

Toon-Locked

Osweiler-Pretty Locked

A. Robinson-TE Giants

M. McNutt

Drop McNutt, he is at best the 4th WR..

I dont really like robinson either but he atleast he has a shot to help you..

I too would be very interested.

Draft has turned a bit odd IMO in the aforementioned "experts" dynasty league. Take a look and tell me what you think:

That is definitely a unique mock you got going there. Maybe a few people over thinking themselves out or into a pick? Even after what happened to Dez he is the 5th best WR out there? Robert Griffin is the 6th best QB? Is Britt going to go next?