Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Where does Harden land in pantheon of other Rockets, NBA Players

He came to Madison Square Garden Wednesday night riding a run of 20 consecutive games with at least 30 points, a streak the defensively challenged Knicks couldn't end.

After reeling off a 19-point first quarter, Harden finished with 61 points to lead the Rockets to a 114-110 victory.

- Dude is crazy good.

So what? In today's NBA you can't touch anyone, And he gets more calls than Jordan. Would have loved to see him play in the Parish/Laimbeer days. He's a great player in TODAY'S NBA, but not so great in the history of basketball.

Harden is an excellent offensive player, and very good shooter. He is though what I call a Loser. A very skilled player that will likely never win the big one. He plays no defense, and needs the absolute perfect makeup around him...they do though almost have that in Houston..Paul and Capela are perfect fits. He is also someone who I think would be punched in the face on a pick up court if he was calling the bump fouls he gets.

So what? In today's NBA you can't touch anyone, And he gets more calls than Jordan. Would have loved to see him play in the Parish/Laimbeer days. He's a great player in TODAY'S NBA, but not so great in the history of basketball.

Damn right.

Harden's scoring spree of isolation ball is the product of super soft defense and a parade to the free throw line cause nobody is allowed to touch him.

Weak pusssyy era of the NBA.

Damn right.

Harden's scoring spree of isolation ball is the product of super soft defense and a parade to the free throw line cause nobody is allowed to touch him.

Weak pusssyy era of the NBA.

NFL too

Well hes behind Hakeem on the Rockets and not even the conversation of the pantheon of alltime greats. He is a Top 10 player in todays game but probably not Top 5.

Hes the best offensive player in the league. Doesnt play a lick of D though so hes in the Curry - Westbrook tier behind LeBron and Durant.

All-Time Rockets?

1. Dream

2. Harden

3. Yao Ming

4. Steve Francis

5. Ralph Sampson

6. Kenny Smith

Guys like Moses Malone, Drexler, Barkley, Chris Paul, McGrady all made stops in Houston but man, I dont think of them as Rocket players....?

Elvin Hayes, Rudy Tomjanovich, & Calvin Murphy?

Just because most of us were born in the 70's doesn't mean we shouldn't know the history of the game. Step it up fellas.

Just because most of us were born in the 70's doesn't mean we shouldn't know the history of the game. Step it up fellas.

No kidding. Jesus. Not surprising considering the amount of bandwagon jumpers in this place.

I mean I agree.....youre right. :thumbsup:

I just never saw them play.

Hes the best offensive player in the league. Doesnt play a lick of D though so hes in the Curry - Westbrook tier behind LeBron and Durant.

I also have him behind Kahwi and probably Giannis for the same reason. And call me a homer but I think Embiid is better too.

No rings? Hes not in any convo of any sort. Mentioning him in the same thread as Curry is blasphemy. Hes one of the top 10 rockets ever, how bout that?

No rings? Hes not in any convo of any sort. Mentioning him in the same thread as Curry is blasphemy. Hes one of the top 10 rockets ever, how bout that?

:sigh;

Rings matter, YES, but its not everything. Its so shortsighted to just dismiss a player because of one factor in a team sport.

Anyway, carry on

He travels half the time he does his step-back.

This is true too. And he flops more than anyone in the league.

Dude is still bad azz though.

Im not a fan, but I respect his scoring abilities.

It's hard to imagine how offensively dominant OKC could have been with Westbrook, Durant, and Harden.