Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

Pro Bowl on verge of being cancelled..for good

the problem obviously is lack of motivation.

I have a better idea. Winning team gets their choice of Kardashians for the night. Losing team forced to take an Osborne.

Problem solved. :banana:

the problem obviously is lack of motivation.

I have a better idea. Winning team gets their choice of Kardashians for the night. Losing team forced to take an Osborne.

Problem solved. :banana:

I fail to see the motivation.

I would much rather see something like what the quarterback challenge was, but expanded to more positions and more competitions for those positions instead of the Pro Bowl. I don't think the players are going to go all-out and risk injury for the Pro Bowl, so make it something fun for fans and players

Thank God - it is way past time.

My idea would be this - still have Pro Bowl slections, still have an expense paid trip to Hawaii, but have a golf tournament instead. Those that don't play or that never have - doesn't matter, they don't try in the game anyways. Nobody gets hurt and all have fun. :thumbsup:

Thank God - it is way past time.

My idea would be this - still have Pro Bowl slections, still have an expense paid trip to Hawaii, but have a golf tournament instead. Those that don't play or that never have - doesn't matter, they don't try in the game anyways. Nobody gets hurt and all have fun. :thumbsup:

not bad actually :cheers:

I would much rather see something like what the quarterback challenge was, but expanded to more positions and more competitions for those positions instead of the Pro Bowl. I don't think the players are going to go all-out and risk injury for the Pro Bowl, so make it something fun for fans and players

:thumbsup:

When I was a little kid they used to have college allstars vs NFL champion. I think it was a preseason game. The NFL usually always won. It would never work now, but the concept was cool. Maybe it was because I was 9 or 10 years old but found myself glued to the game the last few years it was on in the late 70's.

When I was a little kid they used to have college allstars vs NFL champion. I think it was a preseason game. The NFL usually always won. It would never work now, but the concept was cool. Maybe it was because I was 9 or 10 years old but found myself glued to the game the last few years it was on in the late 70's.

I remember this and I vaguely recall that the college all-stars actually won one game (need to Google to confirm).

I remember this and I vaguely recall that the college all-stars actually won one game (need to Google to confirm).

NFL champs played college all stars in the first exhibition game each season. All Stars actually won a few...maybe about 25%? I know a couple ended in ties.

Game ran until the mid-70's. After the mid-60's the pros became more dominant and never lost.

The Pro Bowl sucks.

They used to do a thing every year where the QB's competed in various skills challenges (Throwing distance, accuracy, etc.), and there was a race to see who the NFL's fastest man was.

They should expand that. Have a sled pull competition for linemen, jug machine contest for WR's, etc. I'd watch that.

They should do it in like June when I'm really jonesing for football though. I'm still sated during superbowl week.

Should be flag football. Reward the fans who want to see the pathetic event and reward the pros for earning to be the best of the best. Injury isn't worth it. Should be about fun. I don't think I've watched the pro bowl in over ten years, maybe more, but either cancel it or make it flag football, better yet, have each player who makes the pro bowl select one team cheerleader to play in his place and we can make it a female flag football game wearing that pro's jersey - NOW THAT I WOULD WATCH!

Should be flag football. Reward the fans who want to see the pathetic event and reward the pros for earning to be the best of the best. Injury isn't worth it. Should be about fun. I don't think I've watched the pro bowl in over ten years, maybe more, but either cancel it or make it flag football, better yet, have each player who makes the pro bowl select one team cheerleader to play in his place and we can make it a female flag football game wearing that pro's jersey - NOW THAT I WOULD WATCH!

Flag football? They tried that with the rookies.

Robert Edwards (from wikipedia):

Edwards was chosen by the New England Patriots in the first round of the 1998 NFL Draft. He rushed for 1,115 yards for the Patriots in the 1998 National Football League season, before blowing out his knee at an NFL rookie flag football game in Hawaii. Edwards barely escaped the injury without having his leg amputated below the knee, and he was told he might not walk again.