Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

Trump, S**thole countries, highly skilled immigrants, deleted threads.

I use "sh*thole" all the time to refer to Egypt, Libya, and the Middle East other than Israel, Turkey, and the tiny Arab oil states. (Dubai, UAE, Qatar)

I don't believe that I've ever used the term to refer to Haiti or El Salvador but that's mostly because I don't recall talking about Haiti or El Salvador in the last twenty years. I don't pay much attention to those places and I may be wrong, but based on what little I do know or recall, I'd say President Trump has pinned the tail on the donkey with some accuracy in his assessment.

The snowflakes prefer you use third world country. It makes them feel better about calling them shiitholes.

I use "sh*thole" all the time to refer to Egypt, Libya, and the Middle East other than Israel, Turkey, and the tiny Arab oil states. (Dubai, UAE, Qatar)

I don't believe that I've ever used the term to refer to Haiti or El Salvador but that's mostly because I don't recall talking about Haiti or El Salvador. I don't pay much attention to those places and I may be wrong, but based on what little I do know or recall, I'd say President Trump has pinned the tail on the donkey with some accuracy in his assessment.

Nobody is arguing about whether these places are or are not sh1thole. We are discussing whether Donald should be publicly referring to other nations as sh1tholes, as if hes a belligerent drunk in the corner pub and not the POTUS.

Here is the National Review nailing it:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/455408/donald-trump-haiti-africa-comments-identity-politics-worst

• Like 1

Nobody is arguing about whether these places are or are not sh1thole. We are discussing whether Donald should be publicly referring to other nations as sh1tholes, as if hes a belligerent drunk in the corner pub and not the POTUS.

I dont think this is accurate. Falcon thinks there are racial undertones to his shithole comment and thats what he, the OP, is discussing.

I've never heard this, and would be shocked if it were true. So, I'm gonna have to ask you to provide a link. TIA. :thumbsup:

Last post in the Peenie thread discussed it and I believe it included links to stories from October in which Trump said the highly skilled immigrants that receive H-1B visas are decimating US workers, taking jobs that should go to Americans, and hurting American wages. Therefore he wants to reduce them greatly.

I dont feel like finding all those specific stories again, but here are some random ones on the issue.

https://qz.com/1176576/h1b-visa-under-trump-is-already-harder-to-get/

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article192336839.html

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article192336839.html

The moment was happening, and I was living in it.

Hit the links man. You aren't supposed to be one of the political hacks with no life.

It's the weekend.

:cheers:

The snowflakes prefer you use third world country. It makes them feel better about calling them shiitholes.

First, second and third world arent referring to a nations wealth but more of what their influence is. First world is countries that had an American influence post WW2, second world was a communist influence and third world was everyone else that didnt fall under those categories. South Africa is technically a first world country while all of South America is third.

I dont think this is accurate. Falcon thinks there are racial undertones to his shithole comment and thats what he, the OP, is discussing.

Im actually arguing both.

His comments are indicative of the fact that he is a through and through racist, but in a vacuum they arent proof of such. And not everything said by a racist is necessarily incorrect. Like I said, its one of thousands of data points.

Also, The President of the United States should be someone with enough restraint to just keep these opinions to his self when their getting out hurts our country. But he 100% shouldnt be talking like this in meetings with congressional leaders about policy.

Last post in the Peenie thread discussed it and I believe it included links to stories from October in which Trump said the highly skilled immigrants that receive H-1B visas are decimating US workers, taking jobs that should go to Americans, and hurting American wages. Therefore he wants to reduce them greatly.

I dont feel like finding all those specific stories again, but here are some random ones on the issue.

https://qz.com/1176576/h1b-visa-under-trump-is-already-harder-to-get/

Your characterization of his stance on H=1B Visas is that he wants to stop immigration of highly educated workers from dark skinned countries? You should just stop now. Let's start with the FACT that the H-1B Visa program has nothing to do with immigration. It's a temporary Visa. Look, I work in I.T.. In fact, the company I work for just laid off an entire department in my office this week to ship their jobs to our office in India. I'm pretty pissed about that. So don't get me started on the H-1B Visa program. But you're either being willfully disingenuous or are woefully misinformed when you characterize his stance in wanting to reduce those numbers as being a stance against highly educated workers from dark skinned countries. I suspect it's the former. I lost a huge amount of respect for you on this one.

Im actually arguing both.

His comments are indicative of the fact that he is a through and through racist, but in a vacuum they arent proof of such. And not everything said by a racist is necessarily incorrect. Like I said, its one of thousands of data points.

Also, The President of the United States should be someone with enough restraint to just keep these opinions to his self when their getting out hurts our country. But he 100% shouldnt be talking like this in meetings with congressional leaders about policy.

The racist aspect is something I consider worth discussing. Second part I do not. We can just agree to disagree on that.

Your characterization of his stance on H=1B Visas is that he wants to stop immigration of highly educated workers from dark skinned countries? You should just stop now. Let's start with the FACT that the H-1B Visa program has nothing to do with immigration. It's a temporary Visa. Look, I work in I.T.. In fact, the company I work for just laid off an entire department in my office this week to ship their jobs to our office in India. I'm pretty pissed about that. So don't get me started on the H-1B Visa program. But you're either being willfully disingenuous or are woefully misinformed when you characterize his stance in wanting to reduce those numbers as being a stance against highly educated workers from dark skinned countries. I suspect it's the former. I lost a huge amount of respect for you on this one.

Oh, I am definitely taking a bigger picture stance here.. I work with 2 H-1B engineers as well and have personal opinions. The visa issue is just the arena. His belief and stance is that we need to limit these more highly skilled workers from coming in and taking American Jobs. That is the topic I speak of.

We have come to a place where people argue that its appropriate for the POTUS to be publicly calling other nations sh1tholes. :doh:

Our McDonalds / Twitter Reality TV idiot sound bite nation. :doh:

We have come to a place where people argue that its appropriate for the POTUS to be publicly calling other nations sh1tholes. :doh:

Behind closed doors is not public....even when you liberals go crying to the first camera you find to tattle.

HTH

And no....we have come to a place where our fragile sensibilities are hurt because someone calls actual shiitholes a shiithole.

Guess which side you're on.

• Like 1

Innocent until proven guilty is a presumption in a court of law. Since this isnt a legal issue, its pretty irrelevant.

What we know is nobody, other than Trump, has said he didnt do it. Logic would dictate...its highly likely he did.

I laugh out loud when you type the word logic.

Nobody is arguing about whether these places are or are not sh1thole. We are discussing whether Donald should be publicly referring to other nations as sh1tholes

He didn't publicly refer to other nations as shitholes. He allegedly said it in a closed meeting. Nobody would have heard about it if butthurt dems didn't run to the press and :cry: about it.

Behind closed doors is not public....even when you liberals go crying to the first camera you find to tattle.

HTH

And no....we have come to a place where our fragile sensibilities are hurt because someone calls actual shiitholes a shiithole.

I see cyclone has already corrected this inaccuracy. :thumbsup:

Was thinking he keeps lowering the bar. First, the p word on CNN. Now shiit hole.

Can you imagine parents of small kids? Oh honey don't watch the news!

On its own...no its not a racist comment. When saying why from these countries (mostly black) and not from another (mostly white).

Here is the National Review nailing it:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/455408/donald-trump-haiti-africa-comments-identity-politics-worst

Says the guy who said nothing when Obama called Libya a show.

Was thinking he keeps lowering the bar. First, the p word on CNN. Now shiit hole.

Can you imagine parents of small kids? Oh honey don't watch the news!

I actually imagine the kids of people crying over this....what a sad, bubble wrap, therapy dog world they grow up in that nobody better say boo to them.

He didn't publicly refer to other nations as shitholes. He allegedly said it in a closed meeting. Nobody would have heard about it if butthurt dems didn't run to the press and :cry: about it.

Literally the same excuse as the Billy Bush Bus.

Literally the same excuse as the Billy Bush Bus.

Remind me again, when was that comment made?

Remind me again, when was that comment made?

Trump said poosy....and shiithole....and then their liberal faces started melting off.

Pooooooooosssssiiiieeesss.

Welcome to the party pal.

Delete the thread. :lol:

Trump said poosy....and shiithole....and then their liberal faces started melting off.

Pooooooooosssssiiiieeesss.

And it was so disturbing and detrimental to the country's standing in the world that they felt compelled to tell the world about it. :doh:

And it was so disturbing and detrimental to the country's standing in the world that they felt compelled to tell the world about it. :doh:

Well...they are country first ya know. (Eyeroll)

Oh, I am definitely taking a bigger picture stance here.. I work with 2 H-1B engineers as well and have personal opinions. The visa issue is just the arena. His belief and stance is that we need to limit these more highly skilled workers from coming in and taking American Jobs. That is the topic I speak of.

WTF are you talking about. You said this:

He is on record as not wanting higher trained immigrants if they are from dark skinned countries. So merit based beliefs are out unless skin color is a merit.

If he's on record as not wanting higher trained immigrants from dark skinned countries you'll be able to demonstrate that. Even the most hardcore Dem isn't going to say that his stance on H-1B visas comes anywhere near what you just stated. This is the 2nd time in the last two days I've had to call you out on misleading/disingenuous accusations against him. And let me be clear. I'm no Trump supporter. Didn't vote for him and hate some of the crap he says. But that doesn't give you license to flat out lie about him. You suggest that you want an actual intelligent conversation about these issues. But you're just a hack. You should change your username to CBWifflejack. I'm truly disappointed to find this out about you.

HTH

There were other people in the room? This was a public business meeting.

Youre actually saying this is appropriate? :doh:

There were other people in the room? This was a public business meeting.

Youre actually saying this is appropriate? :doh:

A public business meeting? ROFLMAO :lol:

Its their fault for the president acting like a classless dooshbag? :doh:

A public business meeting? ROFLMAO :lol:

Was this a private meeting among confidantes or a formal congressional meeting?

Stop defending this clown. You disgrace yourself and he laughs at your gullibility. Its sad.

Just generally speaking and using common sense...

I consider it a closed door meeting if its between Trump, maybe his son in law, maybe Pence, an advisor, and a secretary.

If there are 10+ people in the room including multiple members of Congress both Republican and Democrat and the they are working on major policy, it doesnt fall under the protective umbrella of a closed door meeting.

Thats my common sense opinion. But admittedly I dont known other details such as whether the door to the room was open or shut.

Stop defending this clown. You disgrace yourself and he laughs at your gullibility. Its sad.

Sorry but several people state they don't recall him saying that.

Since people guilty of treason and other high crimes can claim that, we must give him the benefit of the doubt when calling a spade a spade.

Sorry but several people state they don't recall him saying that.

Since people guilty of treason and other high crimes can claim that, we must give him the benefit of the doubt when calling a spade a spade.

I tend to believe he said it since its been corroborated by members of both parties, the WH didnt deny it initially and its in keeping with the level of dignity and class we have come to expect from the Reality TV ass clown currently playing the role of president.

Interesting though that you simultaneously argue he didnt say it, but its fine if he did.

You literally are one of the last people on this board that should act enlightened.

Like actually step back and consider that you're crying like a little girl over him saying the word s******* about a country that is in fact a s*******.

You guys should just rename this thread Here's what it's like not to have balls.

Interesting though that you simultaneously argue he didnt say it, but its fine if he did.

Isn't that what you (and the rest of the ladies) have been doing for Hillary for a decade plus? Rhetorical question though. The answer is Yes, you have.

You literally are one of the last people on this board that should act enlightened.

Like actually step back and consider that you're crying like a little girl over him saying the word s******* about a country that is in fact a s*******.

You guys should just rename this thread Here's what it's like not to have balls.

Having balls = thinking its fine for the POTUS to act like a vulgar ass clown. Okay then.

Im not outraged about Trump. Hes been a POS for 30 years, you know what youre getting. Im stunned that grown ups think this sh1t is normal, but Trump has lowered the bar so much in one year. I should probably stop paying attention and focus on American Ninja Warrior or something.

• Like 1

Countries and Organizations that we rely on throughout the country and the entire world have denounced his words. Some of the most respected members of his own party have done the same. His WSJ interview is a non story, immigration talks have stalled, the country is more divided, etc...And you think this was his thought out tactic?

No. Trump is much simpler than that. He is a racist that says what he thinks. 45% of supporters defend him because they are also racist, 45% defend him because they are caught up in the sport that is Right vs Left, and 10% know he is a vial creature but they view him as a means to an end policy wise....and 95% of his supporters will claim to be in that 10% group, but anyone looking at it objectively knows which group to put people in.

It must be so easy to live in your simplistic liberal world. It has been shown time and again that conservatives more easily empathize with liberals than vice versa, and this post is a rallying cry for that fact. Your cognitive dissonance compels you to believe that a large portion of Trump supporters are racist, similar to a large portion of Obama opponents. Then all your liberal Lego pieces stack nicely in a way that makes you feel superior.

Also I see Strike is schooling you on your inane H1B position, so I won't go there. :cheers: