Sign in to follow this  
Artista

Kobe Bryant

So how did the NBA screw over the pacer? I'm actually curious

As am I. I saw the Malice in the Palace happen live, one of the crazier things I've seen happen before my eyes, I almost went to the game actually and really, really regretted not going afterwards. No matter what the fans did, there is no excuse from going into the stands and fighting fans. Ron got off easy, IMO.

Rings?

I think if Bron stays on projection(he's already lost a step, even though he has played REALLY well the past couple months), and say wins 1 more ring......I'd reluctantly put Bron over Kobe, maybe. I don't care if he averages 30/10/10 the rest of his career, I am NOT putting Bron with 2 measly rings that he had to join 2 other HOFers to get and only go 2-2 with that team......over Kobe's 5 rings. No respectable NBA fan will do that.

In game, Kobe from minutes 1-45 was a borderline top 20 player. Kobe from minutes 46-48 was a top 2 player of all time. THAT is what sets Kobe apart from a lot of players, the dude was as clutch as you can be. That killer instinct is something we have only seen once in the NBA. Sh1t, in all of sports. That clutch, killer instinct, cold bloodedness of Kobe is something you can't see in the stats, and only MJ has him matched in that category.

Rings, huh?

Would you put Shaq and Duncan over Wilt cause they have a few more than him? Would you put Kobe over Bird cause he has a few more than him?

I am just pointing out the facts and numbers which is LeBron has Kobe beaten in every important stat when it comes to career averages. He has the same number of Finals MVP's and three more League MVP's if those matter to you. Kobe does have three more rings but only two of those rings came as the #1 guy which is also LeBron's total as the #1 guy. I am pretty sure that the 21-23 year old version of LeBron would've won three rings if he was Shaq's teammate from 00-02 when Shaq dominating the NBA with ease.

Meh...remember how LBJ had to get those rings. I'll take the guy who stayed, took the punches, and pieced it together year after year.

Then rebuilt and won it back to back.

It's not a huge thing but i never found anything admiral about bailing on a good team to assemble a superteam just to win rings.

Rings, huh?

Would you put Shaq and Duncan over Wilt cause they have a few more than him? Would you put Kobe over Bird cause he has a few more than him?

I wouldn't, but some would. It the entire body of work of Bron vs. Kobe, and as cyclone pointed out, Bron needed to manipulate the free agency and construct a team with 2 future HOFers in order to get 2 rings. IMO those rings don't carry as much weight as any of Kobe's rings.

It's unfortunate that Cleveland couldn't get any HOFers or true talent during his first stint and no one can really blame him for leaving. Kobe obviously had Shaq his first 3, and Pau the last 2, and something we have seen throughout history is that every super star needs at least one more top tier player to win rings. However, how that Miami team came together just felt like a cop out on his part. He had to power and influence to basically guarantee a ring and used it, rather than toughing it out and using that influence to eventually get the talent he needed to win a ring or two with Cleveland. I just think he took the easy way out and I think it makes his rings....cheap.

Like I said, if he wins one with Cleveland, that will definitely be a true ring that he earned and I would probably put Bron over Kobe. It is sounding more and more like if he doesn't win one this year, he might be bolting again. I guess we'll see.

Meh...remember how LBJ had to get those rings. I'll take the guy who stayed, took the punches, and pieced it together year after year.

Then rebuilt and won it back to back.

It's not a huge thing but i never found anything admiral about bailing on a good team to assemble a superteam just to win rings.

I totally agree. Consensus after Shaq left was that they made a big mistake and Kobe might not win again. To win back to back with a team built around Bryant sealed his legacy for me. Lebron just kind of cheated with the super team thing. It's like a coach inheriting a SB winning team vs building one himself.

I totally agree. Consensus after Shaq left was that they made a big mistake and Kobe might not win again. To win back to back with a team built around Bryant sealed his legacy for me. Lebron just kind of cheated with the super team thing. It's like a coach inheriting a SB winning team vs building one himself.

Exactly.

And i give LBJ alot.of credit for going home and trying to make this work. Have alot of respect for that desire...but hes not ahead of KB IMO

Happy 39th b-day Black Mamba. I bet you could drop 81 on the Raptors.

:cheers: