Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Kevin Durant to the Warriors

As an American and a member of the work force, I understand and agree with free agency. As a sports fan, I hate it. It throws the competitive balance off. The NBA better come up with a solution to what is happening right now. There are only 3 or 4 teams that even have a remote chance of winning the title next year. And Golden State has better odds than the field. Totally ridiculous. You will never be able to prevent guys from wanting to team up and create an easy path. So I'm not sure what the answer is. But this is bullsh!t. They could play the 2017 finals right now.

As an American and a member of the work force, I understand and agree with free agency. As a sports fan, I hate it. It throws the competitive balance off. The NBA better come up with a solution to what is happening right now. There are only 3 or 4 teams that even have a remote chance of winning the title next year. And Golden State has better odds than the field. Totally ridiculous. You will never be able to prevent guys from wanting to team up and create an easy path. So I'm not sure what the answer is. But this is bullsh!t. They could play the 2017 finals right now.

I agree with you but there were only three or four teams that realistically had a chance at this year too.

I agree with you but there were only three or four teams that realistically had a chance at this year too.

Yeah, you're probably right. Barring injuries, Golden State is a HUGEEEEEE favorite. Cleveland and, maybe, San Antonio have a small chance. That's it. OKC no longer does. They may as well just fast forward to June.

Yeah, you're probably right. Barring injuries, Golden State is a HUGEEEEEE favorite. Cleveland and, maybe, San Antonio have a small chance. That's it. OKC no longer does. They may as well just fast forward to June.

Current odds for GSW in 2017 is 2-3! Cavs are next at 5-2! Thats pretty insane for a league with so many teams even if only a handful are relevant.

Current odds for GSW in 2017 is 2-3! Cavs are next at 5-2! Thats pretty insane for a league with so many teams even if only a handful are relevant.

Durant is such a difference maker. lol They'd have been favorites anyway. I hope he's already regretting his pussie decision.

It's a job. If another company made you a better offer, you would go. :dunno:

It's a job. If another company made you a better offer, you would go. :dunno:

True but unlike switching insurance jobs we all have an emotional attachment to when our athletes do it.

1. Eliminate max contracts.

2. Enable the team that drafts a player to keep him for a far lower % of the cap hit.

These are the only 2 things I can think of that might help. The NBAPA is by far the strongest players association out there - they have the league by the balls and they know it.

Oh and the Warriors are heavy favorites for a reason but there's only one basketball. It's funny how players with redundant skill sets and overlapping roles tend to look a lot worse when they join forces. Just look at what's his name white guy in Cleveland.

1. Eliminate max contracts.

2. Enable the team that drafts a player to keep him for a far lower % of the cap hit.

These are the only 2 things I can think of that might help. The NBAPA is by far the strongest players association out there - they have the league by the balls and they know it.

Better than baseball? They have dead money all over the place and a guy can sign a deal, die, move to another planet and they still have to pay him.

Saw an article this morning where Adam Silver is looking to make changes to prevent something like this from happening again.

No specifics and I'm guessing the players union wouldn't allow this but why couldn't they say you can only have for example 3 max deal players on a team?

So, yea, worth it..

This one has me rolling..

so far, I've seen a lot of emojis and not a lot of substance. You offered no counter argument. You are as dumb as you've always been. I don't see that changing

You toss an absurd statement then whine like a little girl when you don't get a serious response. This is sad even for you Newbie.

Durant fits in perfectly with Golden St's style of basketball on the offensive end, plus he is a long player who guys like LeBron will have a tough time getting shots over. Durant spent 9 years in OKC, he's paid his dues, they got close but, couldn't get there. I think deep down he knew he couldn't get over the top with a guy like Westbrook dominating the ball. Now he has a chance to help build a dynasty in Golden St. The core of that team is mid to late 20's. This makes all the basketball sense in the world for Durant and Golden St. Durant didn't and shouldn't base his decisions on what the general public thinks of this move.

Blurting absurd statements like "it's totally stupid" makes you sound like a focking idiot. That's only confirmed when a twerp like Worms thinks you are on to something.

:clap: :clap:

Some good laughs in this thread, enjoy.

Meh, I'll take the Cavs with LeBron and an off-season practicing Ty Lue's system.

The Warriors didn't scare me this year, they don't scare me now. They're a jump shooting team, albeit a very good jump shooting team, but the blueprint for beating them has been revealed. Shake up Steph by playing up in his chest, switch properly, make their (now very thin) bench beat you.

Had the addition of Durant changed that? Not really.

again?