Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Anybody impacted by the shutdown?

I think I had stated this earlier in here... and the D's have already done this, but fund the departments that have noth oj ng to do with the wall. Fund the gov we already have in place... fught for new monies on your own time.

This is the only common sense/logical answer IMO.

Argue for or against the wall on it's own merit. Unrelated IRS, TSA, and Narc paychecks shouldn't be a part of the debate.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do. Far more has been asked from others to keep this country safe.

This is the only common sense/logical answer IMO.

Argue for or against the wall on it's own merit. Unrelated IRS, TSA, and Narc paychecks shouldn't be a part of the debate.

What is your argument against the wall? The Left has never explained the benefit of not having a wall.

What is your argument against the wall? The Left has never explained the benefit of not having a wall.

It wont curtail drugs or terrorism in any significant way whatsoever, as the statistics show those things dont get here that way. Trump appointed DHS officials confirm these facts.

And while the President promises the wall will be 100% effective and will essentially end all illegal immigration, I dont see how it does much more than cause a temporary blip until illegals adjust. I believe that as long as American companies keep hiring illegals, illegals will find a way to get here. Until we take away their motivation for being here, I dont believe we are actually interested in solving the issue. But the companies we would have to crack down on for hiring illegals donate money to campaigns, so nobody wants to go there.

In my opinion, the wall is just a political prop as opposed to anything intended to help. Trump believes it is what gets him re-elected. Then by the time the numbers prove we still have a problem, he is either out of office and doesnt care, or he can point to something else the Democrats arent letting him have as the culprit.

On a smaller level, I also have issues with eminent domain and taking land from so many people to build a wall.....and I have serious concerns about what a wall will do to wildlife. We will be cutting off the water source for tens of thousands of animals and I think Ive even read of a few species the wall would potentially wipe out all together.

But on these issues, I can potentially be swayed.

Many people have already said the reasons, but you wont listen.

A wall itself is not the answer. The problem requires better barriers along with strengthening of legal ports of entry, better technology for detection and faster processing of requests (among other things). Trump only wants money for a wall.

Trump signed a bill that says everyone will get back pay.

I wish we where shut down too

Trump only wants money for a wall.

Just focking stop it. He campaigned on the "wall" of course that's all he talks about as far as border security. He's listening to BP, who want everything you listed and will give it to them if the Dems vote to fund what THEY VOTED FOR ALREADY (mother fockers keep omitting that, it's focking sickening ). He'll take just the wall though. :dunno:

Just focking stop it. He campaigned on the "wall" of course that's all he talks about as far as border security. He's listening to BP, who want everything you listed and will give it to them if the Dems vote to fund what THEY VOTED FOR ALREADY (mother fockers keep omitting that, it's focking sickening ). He'll take just the wall though. :dunno:

You can put all the emphasis you want on this not being solely about the wall, but the question is whether Trump will go with anything other than $5.7b for the wall only. I dont think he will.

You can put all the emphasis you want on this not being solely about the wall, but the question is whether Trump will go with anything other than $5.7b for the wall only. I dont think he will.

I don't think he will either.

Ohhhh when you didn't get paid for that time did you go into work every day? Did you go to work at 7am from your hotel and stay until 10pm last night and not get a paycheck?

I'm here working d!cks... pay me.

That sucks, but when youre non mission essential, its always a concern

Just checked, not impacting me one bit.