• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,543 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:42 PM

Really curious if any of you are actually against it? Personally, I dont care. If they want to get married then let them. Its not bothering me and if it makes them happy why not

#2 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,360 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

dont care, only care, that since they moved past that agenda its got insanely worse

Suck it Rockford---

The Right protests the killing of babies, the left protests EVERYTHING else

#3 Gladiators

Gladiators

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:48 PM

dont care, only care, that since they moved past that agenda its got insanely worse

This

#4 crackattack

crackattack

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:56 PM

Don't care. I would only care if somehow the church was forced to marry gays.

#5 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:04 PM

No, its their business and doesnt affect me.

#6 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,691 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Nope. Never has.
Kid i wish i could buy you at what youre really worth and sell you for what you think youre worth
Mickey Mantle to Joe Pepitone.

#7 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:07 PM

no.  they have the right to be equally unhappy in marriage :lol:

Challenge does not build character. Challenge reveals it.

#8 supermike80

supermike80

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:11 PM

Nah. I got my own issues to worry about. If I start caring that much about what others do id stress myself out

If you are going to debate me on this bulletin board,

start with this premise..

You win.  And I don't care.

#9 Voltaire

Voltaire

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,931 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

So very this.

I'd use to be very opposed to it but that weakened and weakened such that I gradually came around such that, towards the end, I'd supported the change and was actually happy for them.

Then - BAM! - overnight, the next day, in came lawsuits against bakers, perverts in the girls' restroom, men kissing men on TV, trannies winning female sporting events. Every politician in the entire Democratic Party immediately flipped from opposed to gay marriage to supporting it.

Congradulations, you won.  Now, fock off and go away.

There's nothing more exhilarating than to be fired upon without effect. - Winston Churchill 

#10 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:26 PM

Not against gay marriage but I am against gay adoption.

#11 Brad GLuckman

Brad GLuckman

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:36 PM

Not against gay marriage but I am against gay adoption.

Interesting. Why are you against gay adoption?

#12 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,360 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

Interesting. Why are you against gay adoption?

guaranteed liberal

Suck it Rockford---

#13 ROCKFORD

ROCKFORD

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

so, you guys like me now?  :)

born naked

#14 kilroy69

kilroy69

FF Geek

• Members
  • 27,163 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:45 PM

this.
Its still not a hummingbird.

#15 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 69,142 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

This.

It's like voting against Jim Crow laws when they only presented Maya Angelou and Thurgood Marshall.

Then the minute those laws were repealed, they haul out Kanye West and Flavor Flav.
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#16 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 35,596 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:51 PM

Don't care for metro sexuals, a lesser variant of gay.

#17 Brad GLuckman

Brad GLuckman

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:06 PM

guaranteed liberal

Im pretty moderate, depends on the issue. I think gay couples adopting kids is a good thing, but am not looking for a slap fight. Just curious what the reason is.

#18 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,543 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:24 PM

Im pretty moderate, depends on the issue. I think gay couples adopting kids is a good thing, but am not looking for a slap fight. Just curious what the reason is.

I dont care if they adopt kids. Just let the kid think for themselves as to what sexual orientation they want to be. If they want to be straight let them. If they want to be gay let them. I have seen though that a lot of gay couples that want their kids to be straight so they can get grandkids.

#19 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:48 PM

I dont care if they adopt kids. Just let the kid think for themselves as to what sexual orientation they want to be. If they want to be straight let them. If they want to be gay let them. I have seen though that a lot of gay couples that want their kids to be straight so they can get grandkids.

a lot of gay couple want their child to be happy and tend to be more accepting of whatever their inclination might be.  I haven't seen them push the kids into "being gay," but instead  encourage support of gay causes.  far less indoctrination than religious parents (of any sort).

#20 porkbutt

porkbutt

FF Geek

• Members
  • 8,746 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:51 PM

i am

#21 Let Da Big Dog Eat

Let Da Big Dog Eat

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:04 PM

We as a people seem to form opinions based solely on legal and morality opinions.  The issue of gay marriage is also an economic issue.  What does is cost in terms of SS survivor benefits?  What does it cost in terms of Retirement health care benefits?  What does it mean to Retirement pension benefits?  All these benefits could be sold on a fake gay marriage or a real one for that matter.

We need to address these real issues before anyone could have a viable opinion.

Cheese Whiz is a great substitute for plazma.

"We're all in this together, I'm pulling for ya." Red Green.

In dog years, I am dead.

#22 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,543 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:07 PM

a lot of gay couple want their child to be happy and tend to be more accepting of whatever their inclination might be.  I haven't seen them push the kids into "being gay," but instead  encourage support of gay causes.  far less indoctrination than religious parents (of any sort).

Yea thats my thing. As long as they dont push the child to be something they arent then Im completely fine with it. Same as straight parents.

#23 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,379 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:10 PM

Not at all.

#24 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 69,142 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

yeah, before we start talking about sssb, you might want to educate yourself as to who this FICA chick is that keeps taking money out of your paycheck every 2 weeks.

#25 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,360 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:49 PM

my thing is that I think a well rounded child is raised by both a man and a woman

I am not against gay adoptions per say, I just think a straight couple is a better option

Suck it Rockford---

#26 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:55 PM

my thing is that I think a well rounded child is raised by both a man and a woman

I am not against gay adoptions per say, I just think a straight couple is a better option

we already know that there are a lot of crappy straight parents.  I do not think we have the history or numbers to know how good or bad gay parents are.  i tend to believe that due to the struggle to become a parent when you are gay that they are more committed to being "good"

#27 Fireballer

Fireballer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:04 PM

Im not against the premise of gay marriage. What I am against is flaming fhaggut, look-at-me, attention whores. We get it, youre gay. Big deal. Its not like youre curing cancer. Get over yourself. You get no special treatment or privledges.

#28 Strike

Strike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 28,337 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

we already know that there are a lot of crappy straight parents.  I do not think we have the history or numbers to know how good or bad gay parents are.  i tend to believe that due to the struggle to become a parent when you are gay that they are more committed to being "good"

Did you read about the gay parent who drove her kids off a cliff? In Cali IIRC.

2008 Geek Bored Football Pick'em Champion

#29 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:16 PM

how much bad shlt do straight parent do in the world?  I don't read an article and attribute it to them being straight (though they are).  Shlt happens because there are bad parents.

#30 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,360 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:24 PM

maybe 2 gay men, but what we do know is that the single highest rate of domestic abuse occurs in lesbian couples making it far more likely the child is in an abusive house

Suck it Rockford---

#31 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

maybe 2 gay men, but what we do know is that the single highest rate of domestic abuse occurs in lesbian couples making it far more likely the child is in an abusive house

police and military are higher.  they shouldn't have children!

#32 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,360 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:26 PM

police and military are higher.  they shouldn't have children!

comparing apples to oranges

one is a job, the other is a relationship

Suck it Rockford---

#33 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,360 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:29 PM

I am going to be honest and I know its completely wrong that I think that way, but part of me still worries about stuff like Milo Yianopolis says, that alot of gay men go after younger boys especially those confused, and I would tend to think a boy raised by 2 gay men hitting puberty might be confused

Suck it Rockford---

#34 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:29 PM

both paint a broad picture.  if you are taking a stance based on behavior then we need to be consistent with consequences.

#35 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,360 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:32 PM

both paint a broad picture.  if you are taking a stance based on behavior then we need to be consistent with consequences.

I agree with that, and I would think a cop and his wife, if there is a history of domestic violence would not be able to adopt.  However, that chick that drove all those kids off the cliff was able to adopt what 7? despite being a know abuser, all in the name of inclusion

again single incident I know, I am just trying to be honest of my opinions

Suck it Rockford---

#36 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:33 PM

adoption agencies need to be thorough with their screenings, regardless of sexual preference.

#37 tubby_mcgee

tubby_mcgee

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:53 PM

I disagree with the morality of it. But hey...go ahead...have it.

30+ years ago...people thought it was crazy...or it was nonexistent, whatever...

The left pushed hard...(and even back then, the left was against it for the most part) as time went on...and now...they've got it acceptable amongst themselves. 

Give it a few more years...and the left will start pushing that it should be acceptable for people to marry pets, have threesome marriages, incest marriages etc.

how much bad shlt do straight parent do in the world?  I don't read an article and attribute it to them being straight (though they are).  Shlt happens because there are bad parents.

Not all golden retrievers or pugs are perfect either. Are you telling me that golden retrievers never hurt anyone?

Then don't tell me that pit bulls are bad dogs, because golden retrievers and pugs can damage people also. 

I don't read articles about Pit Bulls injuring or killing because they are pit bulls.  Sh#t happens because they are dogs. And so are Retrievers and Pugs....

So...since Retrievers and Pugs are also dogs, so they are just as dangerous as Pit Bulls.  Its common sense. 

#38 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:02 PM

We recently had a thread about children being left in hot cars. Because I do not make a habit of generalizing incidents, I did not point fingers and falsely attribute this to poor straight parenting.

Your likening gay parents to pitbulls is a grotesque misnomer.

#39 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 69,142 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:03 PM

Did you hear about the straight parent who just killed his two little girls and wife and just admitted it a little while ago not too far from where you live?

That's a stupid game.

#40 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,232 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

If there was a waiting list of nice straight couples, I may agree.

But seeing as How in most states, the foster system is a focking sh!t show, Im willing to let any loving couple that has the means to properly provide for a child do so.