Sign in to follow this  
Mr Pickles

Gov't Shut Down January 19th....Call it!

24 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Gov't Shut Down on Jan 19th?

• Nope, Trump Saves the Day
    • Yep, Dumbocrats demand open borders and amnesty for DACA
    • Stop Gap and kick the can down the road two more months
    • Other - Write In

So, the detention centers are full at the border, forcing DHS to fly "minors" to their location of choice in the US to stay with "relatives" before they get a hearing. We need the fockin wall.

I can't just show up in Switzerland and expect to be treated like a citizen. There are rules and they apply to me just as much as anyone else. It's a risk to remain illegal in a country for decades. Anyway, I just don't know enough about the subject to debate it. Let the people I voted for battle it out for me.

Wrong way, buddy. You're voting for people battling to allow illegals to break our laws and remain here. If that's ok with you, then great, keep voting the same. If you believe there are rules/laws that are to be followed, then maybe change your voting preferences. Stop voting for people who are allowing this.

So nothing happens? What is this whiny BS?

Digby didn't get paid by the govt last time.

I can't just show up in Switzerland and expect to be treated like a citizen. There are rules and they apply to me just as much as anyone else. It's a risk to remain illegal in a country for decades. Anyway, I just don't know enough about the subject to debate it. Let the people I voted for battle it out for me.

Why Switzerland and not Haiti?

Because I wanted to use a country people are risking their lives to become a citizen. I live in the United States so the only country an American would risk moving to illegally would be Switzerland or Germany.

Switzerland is the hardest country to become a citizen followed by Austria, Germany and the United States.

Because I wanted to use a country people are risking their lives to become a citizen. I live in the United States so the only country an American would risk moving to illegally would be Switzerland or Germany.

Switzerland is the hardest country to become a citizen followed by Austria, Germany and the United States.

you think the US is racist, you should try one of them countries

you think the US is racist, you should try one of them countries

Why do you feel the need to interject race into this topic?

Wrong way, buddy. You're voting for people battling to allow illegals to break our laws and remain here. If that's ok with you, then great, keep voting the same. If you believe there are rules/laws that are to be followed, then maybe change your voting preferences. Stop voting for people who are allowing this.

I don't recall telling you or anyone who I voted for....

Postponed for a few more weeks.

McConnell on record as far as DACA being addressed.

If he goes back in this one...we are back to a shutbdown again.

Dems cave a bit but get CHIP thru and a public oledgeto address DACA. Leverage goes to them as far as any next shutbdown would be impossible to spin as democrats fault at all (though some of youbwill try) even that sentiment was way less in this one than putting it in Trump and Miller

Postponed for a few more weeks.

McConnell on record as far as DACA being addressed.

If he goes back in this one...we are back to a shutbdown again.

Dems cave a bit but get CHIP thru and a public oledgeto address DACA. Leverage goes to them as far as any next shutbdown would be impossible to spin as democrats fault at all (though some of youbwill try) even that sentiment was way less in this one than putting it in Trump and Miller

So they'll shut down the government on behalf of illegals again? Cool. Love the priorities of the party of the working man.
  • Like 1

Cruz engineered the last shutdown and Trump said it was Obummers fault. Naturally the WH is going to blame Congressional Democrats for this one. :lol:

Cruz engineered the last shutdown and Trump said it was Obummers fault. Naturally the WH is going to blame Congressional Democrats for this one. :lol:

Judging by Trumps favorite media...#TrumpShutdown far eclipsed #SchumerShutdown on Twitter. Despite confirmed Russian bits actually pushing the Schumer one.

Wait, Shonuff says most illegals don't come here by walking across the border. This guy flew in 7 times?

Wait, Shonuff says most illegals don't come here by walking across the border. This guy flew in 7 times?

First class.

Boarder Patrol stopped over 30,000 more people from entering the US in the month of December than in November. Economy is the main reason stated

Did they catch them before or after they got on the plane?

Not really as thatbwasnt a DACA recipient.

But good effort kiddo.

He must have a lot of frequent flyer miles.

As expected. Democrats realized shutting down the government over DACA was horrible. They came to their senses and gained nothing in this bill that wasn't in the last one. They also were exposed as to the true reasons they voted to shut the government down. DACA and illegal immigrants over American citizens. Well played Dems well played.

• Like 1

As expected. Democrats realized shutting down the government over DACA was horrible. They came to their senses and gained nothing in this bill that wasn't in the last one. They also were exposed as to the true reasons they voted to shut the government down. DACA and illegal immigrants over American citizens. Well played Dems well played.

Yup, and in three weeks if they try it again it will be the same thing. It's really a losing position for them to take. Polls strongly show Americans in favor of Trump's stance on immigration. I just hope the GOP actually does what American's want for once. They're as bad as the Dems generally when it comes to this stuff but Trump has been calling them out as well as it's not as easy for them to pretend to be tough on immigration all the while doing nothing about it.

• Like 1

They got CHIP thru and no longer able to be used as a bargaining chip...they have McConnel on record having to emtertain DACA (something that despite the rumblings in this site...is an extremely popular thing even among republicans and trump supporters).

They will force the republicans to actually discuss it and if they go back in their offer...it will be obvious they arent interested in legislating.

Yup, and in three weeks if they try it again it will be the same thing. It's really a losing position for them to take. Polls strongly show Americans in favor of Trump's stance on immigration. I just hope the GOP actually does what American's want for once. They're as bad as the Dems generally when it comes to this stuff but Trump has been calling them out as well as it's not as easy for them to pretend to be tough on immigration all the while doing nothing about it.

Which polls show most Americans agree on Trumps stance?

DACA highly popular...the Wall is not.

What America wants is what the democrats are pushing with DACA. And the bipartisan offer gave up 2.5 billion for border security.

You all should try dealing in fact for once.

Shonuff cites a poll that asks if people are in favor of settling the Daca issue, keeping the people brought here as youths. I would say that most people are. But that doesn't mean that they think it's a priority or want it done at the expense of other things. The poll when the question is posed like that doesn't tell the whole story.

They got CHIP thru and no longer able to be used as a bargaining chip...they have McConnel on record having to emtertain DACA (something that despite the rumblings in this site...is an extremely popular thing even among republicans and trump supporters).

They will force the republicans to actually discuss it and if they go back in their offer...it will be obvious they arent interested in legislating.

CHIP was in the last bill. A six year funding of it, just like this one. Republicans have said all along they wanted DACA, boarder security, and immigration separate from the CR bill. This was well known. Democrats hijacked the CR bill with DACA. It was just exposed.

Shonuff cites a poll that asks if people are in favor of settling the Daca issue, keeping the people brought here as youths. I would say that most people are. But that doesn't mean that they think it's a priority or want it done at the expense of other things. The poll when the question is posed like that doesn't tell the whole story.

I don't see Sho's posts. Let me guess. Making an assertion about polling without one link to his supposed polls?

CHIP was in the last bill. A six year funding of it, just like this one. Republicans have said all along they wanted DACA, boarder security, and immigration separate from the CR bill. This was well known. Democrats hijacked the CR bill with DACA. It was just exposed.

Point is it cant then be used as a bargaining chip by the republicans (onlybreason they added it last time was to claim the democrats didnt care about children).

Republicans dont want that...they didnt want it last time around 2013 either when it passed the senate but the house wouldnt even act on it. The Freedom caucus doesnt want it and wont allow it.

The Durbin/Schumer offer was on its own...it was shot down by the hardliners (mostly Miller getting in Trumps ear)

The republicans have been exposed as liars (again) and will be exposed again if the fail to act now.

I don't see Sho's posts. Let me guess. Making an assertion about polling without one link to his supposed polls?

Yeah, but I think it's true what he's saying, there are polls showing it, but he lacks any critical thinking when analyzing it. Doesn't stand up to scrutiny. It's very shallow.
  • Like 1

Sure you dont (good to see RP is still obsessed too).

BTW...I have posted the polls before and can again. Yiu however cited a poll of those wanting whats trump wants and provided zero link...as usual you gigantic hydrothermal.

yes he's staying consistent with his high level hackness.

Sure you dont (good to see RP is still obsessed too).

BTW...I have posted the polls before and can again. Yiu however cited a poll of those wanting whats trump wants and provided zero link...as usual you gigantic hydrothermal.

you ever call me a hydrothermal we'll be trading blows! :mad:

Yeah, but I think it's true what he's saying, there are polls showing it, but he lacks any critical thinking when analyzing it. Doesn't stand up to scrutiny. It's very shallow.

Sure. If you ask someone "Are you in favor of shipping little Jesus who has never been to Mexico back across the border without any clothes or money?", most people are going to say no they don't want to do that. Context and phrasing matters. The polls idiots like Sho tout are slanted by their phrasing and/or the demographics they poll, just like the polls that showed Hitlery winning the election.

• Like 1

yes he's staying consistent with his high level hackness.

What have I stated that is untrue?

Do you believe most Americans dont want DACA?

Do it believe most Americans want the Wall?

Do you realize strike complained about talking about a poll with no link...right after he did just that?

I doubt you even try honestly answering these questions

Point is it cant then be used as a bargaining chip by the republicans (onlybreason they added it last time was to claim the democrats didnt care about children).

Republicans dont want that...they didnt want it last time around 2013 either when it passed the senate but the house wouldnt even act on it. The Freedom caucus doesnt want it and wont allow it.

The Durbin/Schumer offer was on its own...it was shot down by the hardliners (mostly Miller getting in Trumps ear)

The republicans have been exposed as liars (again) and will be exposed again if the fail to act now.

So. My original point was right. You're just arguing to argue.

1. Democrats got nothing in this bill that wasn't in the original. Fact.

2. Democrats hijacked the CR bill with DACA in order to shut down the government. Fact.

3. Republicans have said all along they wanted DACA, illegal immigration and boarder security separate. Fact.

4. CHIP was put in by republicans as a compromise to democrats over DACA talks later. Honestly, why it was put in the first bill is not relevant. It was put in by republicans. Fact.

Sure. If you ask someone "Are you in favor of shipping little Jesus who has never been to Mexico back across the border without any clothes or money?", most people are going to say no they don't want to do that. Context and phrasing matters. The polls idiots like Sho tout are slanted by their phrasing and/or the demographics they poll, just like the polls that showed Hitlery winning the election.

You are utterly clueless and it shows.

Keep up the lies.

i know you don't read his posts, but i want you to know he called you a hydrothermal!

You gonna sit there and let him disrespect you like that ?