Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

July PPR Mock - Rules/Draft Order

Assume this is a redraft league, not a best-ball league.

The Draft will last 16 rounds and will begin at 8:00 AM CST, 7/10 and from past experience should take roughly 1-2 weeks to complete. Primary mocking time will be between 8:00 AM CST - 5:00 PM CST. You are certainly welcome to make picks after that time if you want, but official closing time each day will be 5:00 PM CST. If you know you won't be able to access the Mock board for any given period of time, please send a list of players to me and I will make the pick on your behalf.

- Weekly starting lineup: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRs, 1TE, 1K, & 1 D/ST.
- No trading of draft picks
- No Trades.

Scoring

Points will be standard performance, with 1 point per reception:

• 1 point for every: 10 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving, 20 yards passing, reception, PAT kicked, Sack (D/ST), INT (D/ST), Fum Recovery (D/ST).
  • 2 points for every: Safety, PAT rushed, PAT thrown, PAT received.
  • 3 points for every: Field goal.
  • 4 points for every: Touchdown thrown.
  • 6 points for every: touchdown rushed, received, fumble returned, interception returned, kick returned.

Draft Order
1. The FantasyGuru
2. robb
3. remote controller
4. Mr. Landry
5. Ray Lewis' Limo Driver
6. nicdolas
7. ICEMAN
8. WhiteWonder
9. Matt Mueller
10. Hawkeye21
11. Ralphster
12. Frozenbeernuts

look above

It says starting line ups have a K and DST but it says nothing about us being required to draft them. This isn't a best ball draft so we should be drafting like we were for a regular managed league. In a couple leagues that I'm in we are not required to draft a K or DST but we are required to have them by the start of the season. I think it's important to know this before the mock starts because it will make a difference for how some of us draft.

I'm pretty sure last year we were not required to do so.

It says starting line ups have a K and DST but it says nothing about us being required to draft them. This isn't a best ball draft so we should be drafting like we were for a regular managed league. In a couple leagues that I'm in we are not required to draft a K or DST but we are required to have them by the start of the season. I think it's important to know this before the mock starts because it will make a difference for how some of us draft.

I thought we were required, but the following draft we are not required to draft them. Definitely don't know for sure though

I guess I am confused by the logic of your question here. If the requirement is that you start a Defense and a Kicker, and since this is Best Ball where one can't pick up waivers, how could you start a Defense and a Kicker without drafting one?

Help me out here a little.

I guess I am confused by the logic of your question here. If the requirement is that you start a Defense and a Kicker, and since this is Best Ball where one can't pick up waivers, how could you start a Defense and a Kicker without drafting one?

Help me out here a little.

You're confused because you think it's for a best ball league. Read the very first sentence in this thread, "Assume this is a redraft league, not a best-ball league." If I'm drafting like this is a redraft league then I may not draft a K or DST. Hell, I may not even draft a TE or QB. It changes draft strategies and that the beauty of it.

I'm fine either way but I just want to know for sure before we start.

It's a good question. It's not required that you draft any position but there won't be any free agent picks or transactions either so if you want to score this league (I'll leave it up to you guys) then you should draft accordingly.

This is not a best-ball mock, its a mock for a redraft league.

It's a good question. It's not required that you draft any position but there won't be any free agent picks or transactions either so if you want to score this league (I'll leave it up to you guys) then you should draft accordingly.

This is not a best-ball mock, its a mock for a redraft league.

This was the point I was trying to make in another thread. People are drafting with a best ball format in the back of their minds. It doesn't really affect their early picks at all but I feel it really affects their late round picks. I see some more people taking their first and second QBs a little earlier along with TEs. I think if everyone knew the draft results were going to me manually added into a managed league on Yahoo or something you'd see different results in this mock.

It's just my opinion based on observations over the last couple years. I know that not everyone agrees with me and I'm good with that.

Thanks Mike.

So, if "they" score this draft, then whoever does the scoring should tell us ahead of time if they will base their scoring on a "best ball" format or on a "re-draft" scoring format, correct?

Thanks Mike.

So, if "they" score this draft, then whoever does the scoring should tell us ahead of time if they will base their scoring on a "best ball" format or on a "re-draft" scoring format, correct?

I believe someone took care of the scoring on their own and did it as a best ball format just for simplicity. That doesn't mean we should be drafting to have the best best ball team though.

I believe someone took care of the scoring on their own and did it as a best ball format just for simplicity. That doesn't mean we should be drafting to have the best best ball team though.

This.

DO NOT DRAFT WITH THE BEST BALL SCORING FORMAT IN MIND. Assume this is a league that allows transactions and requires you to create a starting lineup each week.

draft it like you stole it!

also I hereby nonimate Mike to send a free fftoday tee shirt to whoever wins.

;)

draft it like you stole it!

also I hereby nonimate Mike to send a free fftoday tee shirt to whoever wins.

;)

I'll take medium ;)

anyone with 5+ years and multiple titles representing FFToday in the IBL should have one, imo.