Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Thoughts on David Johnson rest of season?

Thoughts on David johnson for rest of the season? Buy? Sell? Hold?

Trade deadlines approaching, what do you guys see rest of season for him, worth starting try to trade for him or if you have him are you looking to sell?

Where do you have him ranked ROS? Above or below guys like James White, Sony Michel, McCoy,Chubb, Mixon, Fournette??

below white, mixon , maybe sony depending on help

above fournette, Chubb, mccoy

You have to hold him. Your return will not be good for him. I own and am just hoping for 5-45 catches a week 70 rush and a td. I would be very satisfied with those totals.

with new offensive coordinator saying he wants to do things Arians did and coming off a bye to work on it i think those numbers are attainable for a guy who has a horrid line but had 20tds and 2000 yards two years ago

Thoughts on David johnson for rest of the season? Buy? Sell? Hold?

Trade deadlines approaching, what do you guys see rest of season for him, worth starting try to trade for him or if you have him are you looking to sell?

Where do you have him ranked ROS? Above or below guys like James White, Sony Michel, McCoy,Chubb, Mixon, Fournette??

I'd hold him. He closes out the year with a good schedule and his playoffs schedule is solid. Add in the new offensive coordinator and I think you risk selling him before his value goes back up to something at least respectably near what was expected. I am not saying he will be an elite RB1, but I think selling him now would be a mistake. Ride it out.

TBH, the time to sell him was week 3. If anyone held him past that point it's a hold.

Don’t know how you can sale, what type of return would you expect and what kind of return would you receive.

I don’t think that you would get a return that you would be happy with.

Hold.

For all the hate he's received he's still a top end RB2, he just isn't the elite player people drafted him to be. He's a better asset than many people are currently giving him credit for.

below white, mixon , maybe sony depending on help

above fournette, Chubb, mccoy

You have to hold him. Your return will not be good for him. I own and am just hoping for 5-45 catches a week 70 rush and a td. I would be very satisfied with those totals.

with new offensive coordinator saying he wants to do things Arians did and coming off a bye to work on it i think those numbers are attainable for a guy who has a horrid line but had 20tds and 2000 yards two years ago

I thought it was telling that Leftwich said he wanted to get back to how Arians used Johnson, and then promptly made sure he hit his season average for targets in the first game

I'd hold him. He closes out the year with a good schedule and his playoffs schedule is solid. Add in the new offensive coordinator and I think you risk selling him before his value goes back up to something at least respectably near what was expected. I am not saying he will be an elite RB1, but I think selling him now would be a mistake. Ride it out.

TBH, the time to sell him was week 3. If anyone held him past that point it's a hold.

:thumbsup: This.

he was completely misused in the offense up to this point. I dont think his value could actually go much lower than it is now. I'd say there is no harm in waiting. if the new OC is smart, they will look at how he was utilized in the previous years when he was a fantasy stud, and try to emulate that use into the gameplan.

How do you sell, dont your leagues have trade deadlines?

Yes, today as a matter of fact.....

Saturday of this week in three of my leagues, and next Saturday for the other.

:thumbsup: This.

he was completely misused in the offense up to this point. I dont think his value could actually go much lower than it is now. I'd say there is no harm in waiting. if the new OC is smart, they will look at how he was utilized in the previous years when he was a fantasy stud, and try to emulate that use into the gameplan.

And this being said, Johnson is still #14 of all RBs in a PPR.

And this being said, Johnson is still #14 of all RBs in a PPR.

actually quite an excellent result when you consider what a dumpster fire the team has been.....

He's certainly not lived up to expectations but he's still a guy you should start most every week unless you're absolutely loaded at RB.

He's pretty consistent and could blow up any week.

I don't know that you would get any better in return on a trade but could be excellent bait in a package deal.

He's certainly not lived up to expectations but he's still a guy you should start most every week unless you're absolutely loaded at RB.

He's pretty consistent and could blow up any week.

I don't know that you would get any better in return on a trade but could be excellent bait in a package deal.

As an owner and one who had him during his magical 2000 and 20 td season in 2016 I have really missed seeing him break a big play. Either a run or a swing pass. Hopefully there are a few in the future during these last 4 weeks of the ff season. I will surely need it to make the playoffs

As an owner and one who had him during his magical 2000 and 20 td season in 2016 I have really missed seeing him break a big play. Either a run or a swing pass. Hopefully there are a few in the future during these last 4 weeks of the ff season. I will surely need it to make the playoffs

True, but if you put him on the Steelers he's #1 in the league right now. It's a shame that o-line in Arizona was so bad so far.

True, but if you put him on the Steelers he's #1 in the league right now. It's a shame that o-line in Arizona was so bad so far.

The problem he has is hes the only truly dangerous player in the offense. So teams scheme to stop him and him alone. Until someone else in that offense steps up and shows they should go with a different strategy on Defense we will continue to see more of this.

Its been interesting watching d Johnson ff season.

Based on ff todays rb stats hes only two points away in a non ppr ranking of being a rb1.

And only 11 from being a top ten rb.

He playes on a team that as very little quality players on it, and has been very poorly coached.

Ill take him as a rb1 ros.

Theilan owner traded him for DJ and edelman. Everyone said he was a fool and lost badly. Edelman has outscored him last few weeks and today again good games and great one from DJ, hes winning that trade.