Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

Drafting from the #2 spot in a PPR this afternoon

I have the top 4 RB's ranked McCoy, Forte, Charles and AP. In three other leagues I already own McCoy (Dynasty), Forte and Charles...thinking about drafting AP so I have all four of the top backs covered in my leagues. Although this being a Chicago based league, do I draft Forte? Would be fun having him every week going up against a bunch of Bears fans. Or do I just grab my #1 ranked RB in McCoy if he's there?

Oh the insanity, any quick thoughts?

Have fun

The three backs i dont think you can go wrong with are forte, mccoy, lacy. KC has some real issues with that line. AP is getting up there in age and fell quite a bit short of his lofty goals he set for himself last year.

Since your number 2 take either mccoy or forte.

I also draft in Bear country. Bears fans are so jaded from years of bad offense that no one drafts Bears players any higher than they should go, or at least in my leagues they dont.

Diversify.

I have my second draft tomorrow. I scooped Lacy in my first and love his ceiling this year. But if he happens to be there when I draft, I'm passing. The same players who seem to end up on my teams are mid to late round upside guys. The earlier rounds I try not to put all my eggs into one basket.

The three backs i dont think you can go wrong with are forte, mccoy, lacy. KC has some real issues with that line. AP is getting up there in age and fell quite a bit short of his lofty goals he set for himself last year.

Since your number 2 take either mccoy or forte.

I also draft in Bear country. Bears fans are so jaded from years of bad offense that no one drafts Bears players any higher than they should go, or at least in my leagues they dont.

This was my original thought, until I started overthinking! lol

I'm pretty sure A. Jeffery will be there for my 2nd pick, not sure I want Forte and Jeffery, but I suppose that wouldn't be so bad. The league I have McCoy is my smallest $ league, this one is my biggest, so might go McCoy if he's there.

If the point is to win, grab McCoy, if this one is more for fun, grab Forte to mess with the Chicago fans.

If the point is to win, grab McCoy, if this one is more for fun, grab Forte to mess with the Chicago fans.

Sure...though, I don't think Forte will be that far behind in PPR.

Am in a similar spot.

But I am throwing into this mix Eddie Lacy.

ADP, Forte, Lacy, McCoy Charls is my order.

Thing this year, is I don't believe there is a consensus #1, much less a #2.

Considering I have Lacy ranked #3, I am tempted on picking him at #2.

Only reason I hesitate is I hope to draft Rodgers 2/3 rounds.

However, I doubt Rodgers, much less Brees, is going to be there.

(IMO there is a great difference between tier 1 and 2 qbs, but not enough to take a QB at #2.)

Forte/Shady ... then a coin flip with Charles and Lacy -

as we get closer to the season, I'm loving Lacy more and more.

Forte

Much to my surprise, AP went first, and I don't see that much difference between McCoy and Forte so I went with my homey Forte. Sproles will cut into McCoy a lot more than anyone on the Bears cutting into Forte's work. Went Jordy with my next pick, then the only thing I'm somewhat bummed about is Jeffery was there in the 3rd, so I took him. Forte and Jeffery? GO BEARS! lol