Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Posion Ivy

Focking sucks.

I spent an afternoon removing an old fence and a stupid grapevine from my yard.

A fellow hoops coach brought his 8th grade travel squad to help.

Me, my wife, my youngest son and half the team ended up with varying degrees of reaction.

Both my arms, my neck, a spot on my chest and my shaft are blistered, burning, itching and oozing.

Prednisone is helping but keeping me awake all night.

Never even saw the stuff. I'm sure it was all tangled in with the grapevines, but I guess it's not leafed out yet.

I'm totally immune to Poison Ivy, Poison Oak - you name it... We had a field behind my house growing up, its where I spent my childhood.. I guess I was in it so much I developed an immunity to them.. People don't believe me - so I'll rub it over my legs and arms when we come across it on a golf course. :)

• Like 1

Underrated movie, teases jailbait @ss while working in a decent plot. Not great, but worth watching.

I'm totally immune to Poison Ivy, Poison Oak - you name it... We had a field behind my house growing up, its where I spent my childhood.. I guess I was in it so much I developed an immunity to them.. People don't believe me - so I'll rub it over my legs and arms when we come across it on a golf course. :)

The shear fact you do that makes me itch. I get it BIGLY!

As someone whose highly allergic to all of those, I believe your immunity qualifies as a Super power. :thumbsup:

I don't mess around anymore. If I work near it, I have primary care physician call in a Z pac (steroid pack). When I know I've got to pull some of it out, I use rubber gloves under cloth ones, with long sleeve shirt taped to cloth gloves and pants. When I'm done, the gloves and shirt get tossed right into trash. The oil can last for years.

Me too. Also barely react to mosquito bites, but over react to fleas.

Like you hit the ball anywhere near the woods....LOL

But sounds like the Lord knew you were destined to work in the fields and ditches of life. :dunno:

j/k cruze.....

But sounds like the Lord knew you were destined to work in the fields and ditches of life. :dunno:

j/k cruze.....

:shocking:

Well when you don't play outside enough as a kid you don't know what it looks like. So I'm pretty sure that fence and "grapevine" were cover in it

• Like 1

As a kid I was immune to all that stuff. 7 years ago or so my GF and I decided banging in the woods was a good idea. When we got home we found that we had poison oak all down the legs, butt etc. I was no longer immune and boy was it awful. 3 days at least of the worst itching. One major plus was that taking a hot shower and blasting scalding water on the itch was about the most pleasurable experience ever. I have even fantasizes about infecting myself just so I could do it again.

j/k cruze.....

I am built like a desert lizard. lol

I'm sorry..is this thread going to have nudes of Alyssa Milano or not?

That's the only reference to poison ivy that should be here you sonsabitches.

• Like 1

I'm sorry..is this thread going to have nudes of Alyssa Milano or not?

That's the only reference to poison ivy that should be here you sonsabitches.

Not true.

Jaime Pressley in another sequel was AMAZING.

Rub some bleach on it. Burns like a mother. Dries up in a day. Sounds like an absurd thing. I had it so bad I though I was gonna die. Mostly on my legs. I poured bleach on the spot. Quickly rinsed it off. Screamed loud. And it was done the next day.

Rub some bleach on it. Burns like a mother. Dries up in a day. Sounds like an absurd thing. I had it so bad I though I was gonna die. Mostly on my legs. I poured bleach on the spot. Quickly rinsed it off. Screamed loud. And it was done the next day.

Damn that's awesome. I tried all sorts of calamine lotion, Internet tricks etc but I wish I had heard about that. Same with Vinegar who a guy says works even better than bleach. Now I want to get infected to feel the sweet burn.

Can we get a doctor's ruling in this one please?

Or, in lieu of a real doctor, maybe the retarded paradocctor wouod like to weigh in with some advice we can summarily dismiss.

Or, in lieu of a real doctor, maybe the retarded paradocctor wouod like to weigh in with some advice we can summarily dismiss.

oh I'm sure a doctor would say no to this. But man it worked for me.

Dilute bleach is used as a non-standard treatment for some infections. Wouldn't do it with full strength stuff. Use like 1/2 cup bleach in a bathtub full of water.

But I'd stick with standard treatments, like washing with soap and warm water to get rid of the plant's oils, then apply a topical steroid cream a couple times a day +/- calamine or systemic antihistamine for the itching.

• Like 1

Underrated movie, teases jailbait @ss while working in a decent plot. Not great, but worth watching.

This is totally what I hoped this thread was about. :(

Dilute bleach is used as a non-standard treatment for some infections. Wouldn't do it with full strength stuff. Use like 1/2 cup bleach in a bathtub full of water.

But I'd stick with standard treatments, like washing with soap and warm water to get rid of the plant's oils, then apply a topical steroid cream a couple times a day +/- calamine or systemic antihistamine for the itching.

Nobody has time for that cookie cutter response. Hmm soap and water with Calamine, how revolutionary. We want it burned off now dammit! Waiting days sucks. I'd go straight bleach, diluting is for puzzies. But the guy says he tried bleach and vinegar neutralizes the oils better so I'd go for that first.

Same here as those who are immune. I could roll around in it and nada.

Nobody has time for that cookie cutter response. Hmm soap and water with Calamine, how revolutionary. We want it burned off now dammit! Waiting days sucks. I'd go straight bleach, diluting is for puzzies. But the guy says he tried bleach and vinegar neutralizes the oils better so I'd go for that first.

This isn't cutting edge medicine, but there's no need to reinvent the wheel. But as long as you stay home with your irritant dermatitis from the undiluted bleach, have at it.

Not true.

Jaime Pressley in another sequel was AMAZING.

I've seen the same 10 minutes or so of this movie many, many times. :ninja: