5. Giants 11

5. Lions 11

7. Browns 10

7. 49ers 10

7. Packers 10

10. Eagles 9

10. Colts 9

10. Raiders 9

Number one was very predictable. Number 2, not so much. Figured Dallas would be up there because of the great 70's and 90's teams.

Some teams (Rams, Browns, Eagles) have a lot because of being old-time teams.

Would have thought Oakland would be higher. And the Packers.

Shocked the Lions are 5th.

I would assume they were all drafted before 1980....with the exception of Barry Sanders of course.

Shocked the Lions are 5th.

They've been around a long time, and they were winning championships​ in the 50's.

• Like 1

Teams who have drafted the most hall of famers:

1. Steelers 16

2. Rams 15

2. Bears 15

4. Cowboys 12

5. Giants 11

5. Lions 11

7. Browns 10

7. 49ers 10

7. Packers 10

10. Eagles 9

10. Colts 9

10. Raiders 9

Number one was very predictable. Number 2, not so much. Figured Dallas would be up there because of the great 70's and 90's teams.

I'm sure other teams have similar arguments, but for sure Dallas has gotten hosed by the HOF for years now.. Drew Pearson and Cliff Harris should be in - in fact they are the only 2 players on the HOF's All 70's Decade team not to be in.. A case can be made for Harvey Martin...... and Witten should get in one day too... I'm shocked Pittsburgh doesn't have 2 punters and a water boy inducted yet.

I'm sure other teams have similar arguments, but for sure Dallas has gotten hosed by the HOF for years now.. Drew Pearson and Cliff Harris should be in - in fact they are the only 2 players on the HOF's All 70's Decade team not to be in.. A case can be made for Harvey Martin...... and Witten should get in one day too... I'm shocked Pittsburgh doesn't have 2 punters and a water boy inducted yet.

Which Steelers don't you think deserve to be in?

Hard for me to say on guys like Pearson and Harris. I was young and thought every good player was a superstar.

What a joke it will be when Hines Ward gets in.

What a joke it will be when Hines Ward gets in.

Bullsh1t. He belongs. Great receiver, great team leader, and best blocking receiver in the game when he played.

Packers just haven't drafted many great defenders over the last few decades. Reggie was obviously via FA. Woodson as well. LeRoy Butler would probably be the closest thing to a HOF defender they drafted in last 3 decades. Clay Matthews now, who shouldn't get in. Darren Sharper before he started raping 10s of a women.

Then you would think with Favre that they would have a TE or WR in there. But no, they have had good WRs but Favre and Rodgers spread the ball around to everyone. And many that had longevity were not physically gifted compared to others top WRs. Donald Driver would be the closest, I believe a 7th rounder. Jordy Nelson may squeeze in one day. Sterling of course was on his way to the HOF before he had to retire.

Bullsh1t. He belongs. Great receiver, great team leader, and best blocking receiver in the game when he played.

Well, compare him to the other WR's in his era and he doesn't hold up. And if we are going to say he was the best blocking WR, please tell me who the second and third best were?

Well, compare him to the other WR's in his era and he doesn't hold up. And if we are going to say he was the best blocking WR, please tell me who the second and third best were?

Sorry bud. I'm saying he gets in. If you want to just make it a numbers thing, that's your choice. I'm not going to try to teach you the importance of blocking. We can revisit it when he's eligible.

Sorry bud. I'm saying he gets in. If you want to just make it a numbers thing, that's your choice. I'm not going to try to teach you the importance of blocking. We can revisit it when he's eligible.

Who says blocking isn't important? I'm assuming when you said he was the best, you compared him to others. Who are they? It's a logical question.

Maybe Hines should get it. But he should have to wait until he is old like some of these other guys had to do. Basically find a down year and sneak in. I don't see any great rush to get him in the HOF. Andre Reed had to wait a while. With some of the WRs coming up soon, I don't see why Ward should get in any time soon.

Which Steelers don't you think deserve to be in?

Hard for me to say on guys like Pearson and Harris. I was young and thought every good player was a superstar.

I rib Pitt for their HOFers, but I actually do believe most are worthy.. They were one of the greatest dynasties of all time, for sure that should be reflected.. I guess my personal beef comes with Stallworth & Swann, and the omission of Pearson for us... The other is Bettis.... I get it, he is 6th all time on the rushers list - but that line is not telling of the kind of back he was (imo).

They've been around a long time, and they were winning championships​ in the 50's.

I have been watching them since I was a youngster in the mid 70s and I think I have seen 3 HOF'ers don the Honolulu Blue and Silver. Two of them (Charlie Sanders and Lem Barney) I only saw the tail end of their careers, and the other was arguably the greatest RB of my generation.

Who says blocking isn't important? I'm assuming when you said he was the best, you compared him to others. Who are they? It's a logical question.

Experts say he was the best of his time. Do some research. I didn't study film and compile a list. I know you just read career statistics and it's all black and white. And that's a cute and simple way to look at it. And I'm sure you enjoy the game from that perspective. Thakfully, the voters understand the game more. Just wait. He'll be in.

You forgot "dirtiest player in the game" when he played as well. (with apologies to Ric Flair..LOL)

IMO he doesn't have the stats and doesn't belong in the HoF.

Experts say he was the best of his time. Do some research. I didn't study film and compile a list. I know you just read career statistics and it's all black and white. And that's a cute and simple way to look at it. And I'm sure you enjoy the game from that perspective. Thakfully, the voters understand the game more. Just wait. He'll be in.

Right. The guy who has defended Troy Aikman numerous times is a stat guy. Cruzer, can you back me up on that? Point is, saying he's the best blocker ever is hollow without someone to compare him to. And that's what the HOF is about. It's typical Pitt hype, not good enough to say he was a really good blocker. Have to say he was the best.

You forgot "dirtiest player in the game" when he played as well. (with apologies to Ric Flair..LOL)

IMO he doesn't have the stats and doesn't belong in the HoF.

He wasn't dirty. He was just a devastating blocker. I loved it. Receivers are often sitting ducks to these defenders. It was nice seeing a receiver knock a defender on his ass.

Right. The guy who has defended Troy Aikman numerous times is a stat guy. Cruzer, can you back me up on that? Point is, saying he's the best blocker ever is hollow without someone to compare him to. And that's what the HOF is about. It's typical Pitt hype, not good enough to say he was a really good blocker. Have to say he was the best.

Didn't say ever. I said when he played.

Ward is a hall of pretty good player, not great. Loved the way the dude played, not an all-time great.

He wasn't dirty. He was just a devastating blocker. I loved it. Receivers are often sitting ducks to these defenders. It was nice seeing a receiver knock a defender on his ass.

There's a rule in place banning certain blocks because of him. Yes, at the time they were legal, yet still dirty. Much like Warren Sapp singling out the QB after he has thrown an INT, to lay a big hit on him.

Two-time winner of the "SI Dirtiest Player in the Game" in a poll of NFL players.

This article has him in the top 25 of all time: http://www.thesportster.com/football/top-25-dirtiest-players-in-nfl-history/

I would have thought the Vikings would be on there, but half of them were FA's or via trade:

Drafted:

Eller

Page

Tarkenton

Yary

Doleman

McDaniel

FA's/Trade:

Krause

Tinglehoff

Randle

Carter

Zimmerman

Hines ward should not be in the hof imo. His stats are good, not great and he was never a game changer, just a reliable possession wr.

and best blocking receiver in the game when he played.

Agreed. Larry Centers should get in also because he was the best pass catching Fullback ever. I'm also thinking Jahvid Best should get some consideration because he was the best at leaping for scores, but admittedly he may not have leapt for enough of them.

Agreed. Larry Centers should get in also because he was the best pass catching Fullback ever. I'm also thinking Jahvid Best should get some consideration because he was the best at leaping for scores, but admittedly he may not have leapt for enough of them.

If I have to explain to you the importance of downfield blocking, then we're simply on two different levels of understanding the game and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. :wave:

If I have to explain to you the importance of downfield blocking, then we're simply on two different levels of understanding the game and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. :wave:

Lol. Besides, Rod Smith was a better blocker than Ward

If I have to explain to you the value of scoring touchdowns or catching passes, then we're simply on two different levels of understanding the game and it wouldn't make a difference. :wave:

If I have to explain to you the value of scoring touchdowns or catching passes, then we're simply on two different levels of understanding the game and it wouldn't make a difference. :wave:

Tell you what, moron, I'll bump this thread when Hines Ward gets selected to the Hall. That'll be the ultimate 'scoreboard'. :wave: :pointstosky:

Tell you what, moron, I'll bump this thread when Hines Ward gets selected to the Hall. That'll be the ultimate 'scoreboard'. :wave: :pointstosky:

Right, because everyone in the HOF deserves to be there. You know TO is not in yet, right? It's not flawless. But you pointing to the HOF as the end all is pretty funny considering you accuse others as being stat whores. I don't let stats make my decisions and I don't let an obviously flawed process decide for me either, lamby

Right, because everyone in the HOF deserves to be there. You know TO is not in yet, right? It's not flawless. But you pointing to the HOF as the end all is pretty funny considering you accuse others as being stat whores. I don't let stats make my decisions and I don't let an obviously flawed process decide for me either, lamby

Because of off the field issues, some guys don't get in as early as they might otherwise. But if you're in, you deserve to be in. I guess we'll see. Don't run away and be shy when he gets selected, pussie.

Because of off the field issues, some guys don't get in as early as they might otherwise. But if you're in, you deserve to be in. I guess we'll see. Don't run away and be shy when he gets selected, pussie.

I don't care what the HOF does anymore. It lost its credibility a long time ago. The Tim Brown nonsense was the last straw for me. Obvious bias against the raiders. Jerome Bettis was proof of the bias the other way.

And if they highlight "Successful downfield blocks" before his 1000 catches, 12083 yards, and 85 TDs, I'll say "sonofabitch, I guess he did get in because of blocking."

And if they highlight "Successful downfield blocks" before his 1000 catches, 12083 yards, and 85 TDs, I'll say "sonofabitch, I guess he did get in because of blocking."

So now you're waffling. Is he a hall of famer or isn't he?

Newbie would make an argument that Dallas should also have Kenny Gant in there. Probably the greatest player ever at getting the crowd and coverage team pumped up before a kickoff with his Shark Dance.

Newbie would make an argument that Dallas should also have Kenny Gant in there. Probably the greatest player ever at getting the crowd and coverage team pumped up before a kickoff with his Shark Dance.

Pussie, make a call. Is Hines Ward a Hall od Famer. You're backpedaling.

I don't care what the HOF does anymore. It lost its credibility a long time ago. The Tim Brown nonsense was the last straw for me. Obvious bias against the raiders. Jerome Bettis was proof of the bias the other way.

I'm not a big Jerome Bettis fan...

But....

This dude is 6th in rushing yards all time (just 22 yards shy of LaDainian Tomlinson - albeit two more seasons). 23rd all-time in yards from scrimmage.

7th in playoff rushing touchdowns with nine total. An interesting aspect to that is: Everyone with the exception of Marshawn Lynch that has nine or more playoff rushing touchdowns is a HOF'er.

It's also not like Bettis got in on his first ballot either. :dunno:

:crickets: ROFL And cbfalcon ran off into the sunset once he knew I had him in a corner. So after all that blabbering, you agree with me that he'll be in the Hall. That's what I thought. :wave:

I'm not a big Jerome Bettis fan...

But....

This dude is 6th in rushing yards all time (just 22 yards shy of LaDainian Tomlinson - albeit two more seasons). 23rd all-time in yards from scrimmage.

7th in playoff rushing touchdowns with nine total. An interesting aspect to that is: Everyone with the exception of Marshawn Lynch that has nine or more playoff rushing touchdowns is a HOF'er.

It's also not like Bettis got in on his first ballot either. :dunno:

Sorry. Watched him his whole career. Never thought he was a big reason for the Steelers success. Over rated Hines Ward was a bigger part of it than the bus.