Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Three resign from CNN after Russia story retraction

Three CNN staffers resigned after the network retracted a story tying a top President Trump ally to a Russian investment bank.

Thomas Frank, the author of the story, Eric Lichtblau, an editor in the CNN investigative unit that ran the story and Lex Haris, who oversaw the unit, have all left CNN, the network reported Monday.

The story connected Anthony Scaramucci, a top proponent of Trump, to a Russian investment fund run by a bank controlled by the Kremlin.

"In the aftermath of the retraction of a story published on CNN.com, CNN has accepted the resignations of the employees involved in the story's publication," a spokesman said Monday.

A source close to CNN told BuzzFeed that the story's publication was a "massive, massive f--- up and people will be disciplined."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/three-resign-from-cnn-after-russia-story-retraction/ar-BBDiEMf?li=BBnb7Kz

Saw this elsewhere. My very first thoughts:

One group of people will see the retraction, the subsequent firing/resignations as proof that legitimate journalism polices itself and at least tried to get the story straight.

The other group will say "SEE? FAKE NEWS!"

We saw that with the ridiculous 'missing bust' story that was wrong, then corrected when Trump first moved in. (Forget who the bust was, but didn't show up in a shot of the Oval - had been moved). The reporter retracted the story and apologized, but Trump made hay out of that for weeks as proof of 'fake news!'.

(Hint - Shiit that's wrong, then gets public retracted and corrected is not the same as shiit that is never retracted or corrected)

The worst part these days is the stories are so GD repetitive and facile that you can see how they're going to go before it even starts.

• Like 1

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY FAKE NEWS!

Thomas Frank is all you need to know about this. Sad that the media are so culpable and not.

Press release I just got from the MO GOP:

SENATOR MCCASKILL LIED ABOUT MEETING RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR SERGEY KISLYAK

This evening, CNN revealed that not only did Senator McCaskill lie on Twitter about never interacting with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, she was actually photographed wining and dining at a black-tie reception that he hosted.

In March of this year, McCaskill emphatically tweeted that she had never ever called or met the Russian Ambassador. Once the photos of McCaskill at the Ambassador’s residence surfaced, she was quick to blame Twitter for the not-so-little white lie, saying the 140 character limit prevented her from telling the whole truth. But McCaskill didn’t just neglect to tell the whole truth—she didn’t tell any of it.

Sadly, this isn’t the first time McCaskill has lied or omitted details to mislead voters. For instance, although McCaskill publicly decried the opioid crisis, it was recently revealed that her private family foundation invested thousands of dollars in at least one opioid manufacturer. In fact, Missouri voters also likely don’t know that that same foundation has donated thousands of dollars to Planned Parenthood, or that Planned Parenthood has donated more than $25,000 to McCaskill since 2006.

“This bald-faced lie is nothing new from Claire,” said Austin Stukins, Executive Director of the Missouri Republican Party. “McCaskill is a hypocrite who acts like she is entirely above reproach. She will stop at nothing to mislead voters.” Stukins continued.

If it were Breitbart all three would have gotten promotions and medals of distinction in fake news.

Okeefe has a cnn producer admitting their russian non stop story is bullsh!t.

:lol:

Another bad day for the hack fake news network.

Newbie and SHo Flake are circling the wagons. They bought that Russian BS hook, line and sinker. They must be crushed this morning.

If it were Breitbart all three would have gotten promotions and medals of distinction in fake news.

Put your lipstick on and get the coffee ready. The bosses will be in soon.

You must be taking keyboard tough guy lessons from HT.

Another losing day for the fftoday sheeple. Newbie, wiff, cbfalcon and sho.

:(

Hang in there guys.

Hang in there guys.

Sho must be double fisting Xanax...

so what do you guys go home and do once you've actually won a thread?

so what do you guys go home and do once you've actually won a thread?

cook a steak on the grill crack a beer and bang the gf
  • Like 1

Hang in there guys.

I'll admit it....Based on Trump's panic and Hannity's ramblings, I was expecting proof of collusion to leak yesterday. It seemed inevitable, but no..........Then CNN, having to do the honorable thing and let 3 employees go, 3 employees that likely got the story 100% correct, but didn't go through the proper protocols required of our most trusted and honorable news source in this fight against the Red Dawn.......................

Yes, I'll admit it has been a tough day. :( But I appreciate your words drobesker. I'm hoping today will be better.

I'll admit it....Based on Trump's panic and Hannity's ramblings, I was expecting proof of collusion to leak yesterday. It seemed inevitable, but no..........Then CNN, having to do the honorable thing and let 3 employees go, 3 employees that likely got the story 100% correct, but didn't go through the proper protocols required of our most trusted and honorable news source n this fight against the Red Dan.......................

Yes, I'll admit it has been a tough day. :( But I appreciate your words drobesker. I'm hoping today will be better.

Plot twist.

I'll admit it....Based on Trump's panic and Hannity's ramblings, I was expecting proof of collusion to leak yesterday. It seemed inevitable, but no..........Then CNN, having to do the honorable thing and let 3 employees go, 3 employees that likely got the story 100% correct, but didn't go through the proper protocols required of our most trusted and honorable news source n this fight against the Red Dan.......................

Not sure about this case, but this has been the model for rags like the National Enquirer for years. Always quoting "a friend" or "a person close to the situation". They get the story and run with it, where more "respectable" publications wait for more credible sources.

To their credit, they are often right.

keep you're head up cb, you'll always have his mean words to hold dearly. :(

Lol

Now all we need is SloFlake to retract his lies and false stories comment.

He's too busy watching the View. Needs to get his talking points for the day.

How many times has Okeefe been arrested for his fraud?

Yet you believe him.

Haha

Hang in there guys.

How so? Did anyone from here post this article that was retracted?

Nope?

Ok then, carry on

And I can show you where Filthy started a whole thread based on a story shown to be actually fake.

Yet you believe him.

Haha

Who said that? Whoopi? or Joy?

• Like 1

Now all we need is SloFlake to retract his lies and false stories comment.

Why would I retract the truth?

Why would I retract the truth?

Yet you believe him.

Haha

ill go with way less than cnn being exposed as frauds, yet you believe them.

:doh:

ill go with way less than cnn being exposed as frauds, yet you believe them.

:doh:

Frauds?

For getting one part of a story incorrect and not following protocol?

Yiu realize much of their story was correct and the senate investigation part was unconfirmed.

Or do you just believe what your actual fake news sources tell you?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-17/in-davos-trump-aide-talks-deals-with-sanctioned-kremlin-fund

Bllomberg hasnt retracted thi...which was a large part of the story.

As far asOkeefe...yes...he is a real fraud.

Frauds?

For getting one part of a story incorrect and not following protocol?

Yiu realize much of their story was correct and the senate investigation part was unconfirmed.

Or do you just believe what your actual fake news sources tell you?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-17/in-davos-trump-aide-talks-deals-with-sanctioned-kremlin-fund

Bllomberg hasnt retracted thi...which was a large part of the story.

As far asOkeefe...yes...he is a real fraud.

one story ? :lol: good one

8:30 today :doh: