Sign in to follow this  
BudBro

Govt orders 160,000 ebola hazmat suits

RONKONKOMA, N.Y., Sept. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Lakeland Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: LAKE), a leading global manufacturer of industrial protective clothing for industry, municipalities, healthcare and to first responders on the federal, state and local levels, today announced the global availability of its protective apparel for use in handling the Ebola virus. In response to the increasing demand for specialty protective suits to be worm by healthcare workers and others being exposed to Ebola, Lakeland is increasing its manufacturing capacity for these garments and includes proprietary processes for specialized seam sealing, a far superior technology for protecting against viral hazards than non-sealed products.

"Lakeland stands ready to join the fight against the spread of Ebola," said Christopher J. Ryan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lakeland Industries. "We understand the difficulty of getting appropriate products through a procurement system that in times of crisis favors availability over specification, and we hope our added capacity will help alleviate that problem. With the U.S. State Department alone putting out a bid for 160,000 suits, we encourage all protective apparel companies to increase their manufacturing capacity for sealed seam garments so that our industry can do its part in addressing this threat to global health.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lakeland-industries-announces-global-availability-of-hazmat-suits-for-ebola-274892141.html

oofty.

The media stirring up the panic machine once again.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/index.html

Total Cases

As of September 23, 2014
(Updated September 29, 2014)

• Total Case Count: 6574
  • Total Deaths: 3091
  • Laboratory Confirmed Cases: 3626

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than dying from ebola.

Total Cases

As of September 23, 2014

whew! then may 10,000 hazmat suits would be a better order.

Total Cases

As of September 23, 2014

Yeah, but it's the first of this type of horrifying, you-could-die-horribly-and-quickly viruses that has reached America. It's understandable that people are nervous. This thing has the capacity to kill a million people in Africa. You're right, it likely won't happen here, but still...the sh1t's scary.

Total Cases

As of September 23, 2014

Problem is that these things tend not to be linear, but rather geometric in increase. It can get very high very quickly.

Watched a few specials on Ebola in Africa recently. My understanding is that it's highly treatable but they lack the right kind of medical care and the locals are afraid of foreign doctors. Also I believe it's slow acting enough where you can be suffering from symptoms like vomiting blood and still get life saving treatment.

It's scary but this isn't 28 Days Later and it's not likely to spread far in the US. Makes me really glad to not live in Africa though. :dunno:

Relax folks....Obama said we wouldn't have an outbreak in the USA.

Wow, nice job bringing up Obummer on a seemingly unrelated issue. There was another fella here who was quite good at that as well. He got banned though :(

Watched a few specials on Ebola in Africa recently. My understanding is that it's highly treatable but they lack the right kind of medical care and the locals are afraid of foreign doctors. Also I believe it's slow acting enough where you can be suffering from symptoms like vomiting blood and still get life saving treatment.

It's scary but this isn't 28 Days Later and it's not likely to spread far in the US. Makes me really glad to not live in Africa though. :dunno:

Are you sure?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ebola-victims-african-village-rise-4320414

Panic is spreading across an African community after reports that two Ebola victims have risen from the dead.

The victims, both females in their 40s and 60s, died of the deadly virus in separate communities in Nimba County, Liberia. But according to reports in a local newspaper, the pair have reportedly been resurrected and are now walking among the living, causing panic and fear among locals.

The New Dawn Nimba County said the late Dorris Quoi of Hope Village Community and the second victim identified as Ma Kebeh, in her late 60s, were about to be taken for burial when they rose from the dead.

Ma Kebeh had been indoors for two nights without food and medication before her alleged death.

Nimba County has recently reported unusual news of Ebola cases, including one about a native doctor from the county, who claimed that he could cure infected victims, dying of the virus himself last week.

Since the Ebola outbreak in Nimba County, this is the first incident of dead victims resurrecting, the paper said.

:unsure:
Zombie apocalypse imminent!

Wow, nice job bringing up Obummer on a seemingly unrelated issue. There was another fella here who was quite good at that as well. He got banned though :(

Unrelated?

Obama said it wouldn't happen here, but it has.

Are you always this dumb.......and obsessed with "another fella"?

On MSNBC's Hardball tonight, host Chris Matthews tussled with Obamacare architect Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel over the how serious a threat Ebola is to Americans. Matthews and Emanuel also spar over President Obama saying it was "unlikely" that an Ebola case would strike the U.S.

"Obama said it was unlikely. It has happened. It's here," Matthews said.

Dr. Emanuel said there is some "fear mongering" going on here, but Matthews said he was just quoting the president and stating facts. Here's a bit of the argument that lasted nearly ten minutes:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I'm just trying to follow the logic here. Everybody's being told, don't worry unless they have the infectious symptoms, you can see them, that you don't have to worry about catching them. Yet, this guy picked up the disease apparently from somebody who did not have the infectious symptoms.

DR. EZEKIEL EMANUEL: Again, don't hypothesize because we just don't know. We have no idea what he did or didn't do and how he got it. I'm sure that's going to be vital information to try to understand the transmission, but the idea that there's going to be a widespread outbreak here, I think is just, again, it's a bit of fear mongering. We have a single case. This is not a big, widespread --

MATTHEWS: Yeah, yeah, but I'm just going back to the president's statement, doctor, and that is that the president said it would be unlikely if we had a case in this country. Unlikely to even have one case. You want to see the tape again?

EMANUEL: He said there wouldn't be an Ebola outbreak.

MATTHEWS: No, and in the second part of his sentence he said in the unlikely case someone brings it here. In the unlikely case someone brings it here. Well, they've done it. We're living in the world of the unlikely already. That's all I'm saying. I'm not fear mongering. I'm stating the facts and I wonder if everybody else is.

###

EMANUEL: The reason we can be assured here that this isn't going to be a major outbreak is we have a CDC that can do very good contact tracing. We have a very good health system that takes universal precautions on all patients, with the gloves. And you're not regularly in contact with people's bodily fluids the way it is much more common in Liberia. I think those things distinguish it. And I don't think we should get into a panic because we were reassured it would never be in the United States.

MATTHEWS: No, the president said it was unlikely two weeks ago. Well, it's not the unlikely, it has happened. It's here.

let's get cold and flu season ramped up...then we won't know whether we have ebola or a cold. maybe musinex can quick build a cold/ebola formula.

So it begins. Texas is now ground zero. Please im urging people to not step foot within 100 miles of there, if you live there, move. This thing is gonna get out of hand starting with that fockhead who brought it here and now the schoolkids who are under watch. Please I dont want you inbred texas focks bringing this to california. How can these idiots be spreading a disease that only is spread by touch and fluid? Stop focking touching peoples fluids!

Yeah, but it's the first of this type of horrifying, you-could-die-horribly-and-quickly viruses that has reached America. It's understandable that people are nervous. This thing has the capacity to kill a million people in Africa. You're right, it likely won't happen here, but still...the sh1t's scary.

The last Afican thing that was supposed to kill us and the media had us in a panic was African bees. How'd that play out?

The last Afican thing that was supposed to kill us and the media had us in a panic was African bees. How'd that play out?

If you disturb Africanized Bees they will kill you. The sound of a lawn mower will set them off.

If you disturb Africanized Bees they will kill you. The sound of a lawn mower will set them off.

How many deaths due to African bees have there been in the US.

In the US unless it mutates and becomes airborne would be pretty hard to spread fast at all.. Unless you take community baths , use a community toofbrush , etc...

In the US unless it mutates and becomes airborne would be pretty hard to spread fast at all.. Unless you take community baths , use a community toofbrush , etc...

Thoughts and prayers, MDC. :(

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

J

:banana:

:doublethumbsup:

I pray you are patient zero.

Motherfocker still wouldn't die :thumbsdown:

Why should he? Ever rethink your contributions here? Without him, you could reduce your post count by......???????

Why should he? Ever rethink your contributions here? Without him, you could reduce your post count by......???????

So you think it's cool that Mikey keeps giving him timeouts, with the last one supposed to be permanent; and this troll keeps coming back as aliases?

Because the owner of the forum doesn't want him here?

Looking at the Google news trending headlines...

'UPDATE 7-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital'

'Ebola Patient Thomas Eric Duncan Vomited Outdoors, Witness Tells Reuters'

...not that it doesn't make sense to note, it's just interesting to see how someone vomiting outside can become headline national news. Little surreal. But then the privileged swath of time we've lived in (in the west) is what's actually more surreal.

So you think it's cool that Mikey keeps giving him timeouts, with the last one supposed to be permanent; and this troll keeps coming back as aliases?

yes, if it bothers you moonbats its a win.

And it obviously does. :lol:

At first I wanted these Ebola infected folks to emigrate to Islamic State to spread the joy. I'm not sure it's such a good idea since these ISIS mutants would probably gratefully refrigerate their pee in a petri dish.

yes, if it bothers you moonbats its a win.

And it obviously does. :lol:

Anyone who's life is SO wrapped up in this place, that they need to created aliases to keep posting, is the moonbat in this equation.

If Mikey wants you gone... you should respect him.

I pray you are patient zero.

Anyone who's life is SO wrapped up in this place, that they need to created aliases to keep posting, is the moonbat in this equation.

If Mikey wants you gone... you should respect him.

Do you biotch and whine this much in real life?

Do you biotch and whine this much in real life?

Do you disrespect people's authority IRL, or just here?

Mike could IP ban him if he wanted him perma gone. :dunno:

I'm still trying to figure out why folks are allowed to fly in and out of Liberia and other countries where Ebola is at. It would seem as if there should be a moratorium on travel in and out of those places by the USA. :dunno:

You sure are bossy for someone who has only been here for three years. :nono:

Oh come on... you know I've got a point.

Mike could IP ban him if he wanted him perma gone. :dunno:

For all I know he did. That's why Eaglesin14 didn't get the boot, but RP and Googballz did. It's not hard to change your IP address, which I imagine is what's happening.

It's pathetic...

So, you don't find it disrespectful to Mikey?

I don't really care one way or the other. I have a mouse that scrolls past post i'm not interested in reading. Or avoids a topic by a poster I have no real interest in discussing politics or anal waxing habits with. I have an option to ignore but it's not necessary as I can navigate away from trolling if I choose to do so.

I don't really care one way or the other. I have a mouse that scrolls past post i'm not interested in reading. Or avoids a topic by a poster I have no real interest in discussing politics or anal waxing habits with. I have an option to ignore but it's not necessary as I can navigate away from trolling if I choose to do so.

So, you're ok with someone basically saying to the guy who runs this site: "FU".

Nice stance Bunny.

So, you're ok with someone basically saying to the guy who runs this site: "FU".

Nice stance Bunny.

Not saying this is Bunny...but some don't have a problem with someone actually giving an FU to the guy who runs the site. Interesting, its the same people who care that a group of people started another board to have a place to post without some of this behavior. And they cried that we were giving an FU to Mike.

Nice stance Bunny.

Do you ever read yourself ?

Talk about pathetically wrapped up, holy fock!!