Sign in to follow this  
nos23

Chris Hogan

They've told us that he has a torn PCL...how much more injured can he be?

His leg actually fell off :(

They've told us that he has a torn PCL...how much more injured can he be?

Invisible ink :dunno:

In

Posterior Cruciate Ligament

Though less common and less researched than its counterpart the ACL, the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) comprises another field of knee injuries in competitive athletes. It's estimated that posterior cruciate ligament injuries account for between 3% and 20% of all knee ligament injuries. (8)

Most PCL injuries that occur in athletes occur when the knee is bent is bent the foot is planted firmly on the ground. The tibia is struck with a forceful blow and pushed back causing the PCL to tear. Like the ACL, the PCL can tear as a result of non-contact. Hyperextension, the over extension of the knee, can cause the PCL to tear. Most often in these cases, the PCL is the only ligament torn. In contact cases, often times the ACL and meniscus is torn as well.

Unlike the ACL in athletes, where surgery is used to repair or reconstruct the torn ligament, the PCL injury is much more controversial. In the general population, conservative approaches to ligament repair are more widely accepted. In the athletic world this is still somewhat controversial, though now more studies are showing that non-operative therapy is effective and can be better. In severe tears, the patient should undergo PCL reconstruction surgery.

The conservative therapy includes a 3-week period of immobilization of the knee in full extension was achieved with a knee brace, while performing hard quadriceps muscle strengthening exercise, and then running exercise was started. It is believed that the strengthening of the quadriceps is more important in the recovery of PCL injuries and the prevention of reinjury. Normally, jogging is allowed approximately 3 to 6 months after the injury, and an athlete is generally able to return to full activity and competitive sports after 6 to 12 months.

When the tear is severe, the athlete must be operated on to recover function and resume their activity in sports. The tear can be repaired by reattaching the torn fibers to each other. If there aren't enough fibers for reattachment, the PCL should be reconstructed. As with the ACL reconstruction, the patellar tendon is the gold standard for the graft. Other sources of grafts for reconstruction include hamstring tendon autografts semitendonosis and gracilis tendon autografts, and achilles tendon allografts. All long-term PCL injuries are initially treated with an aggressive quadriceps rehabilitation program.

Both therapies for the treatment of PCL injuries yield similar results. All athletes are able to return to their respective sports after similar periods of time.

I had Floyd the last 2 seasons before missing out on him this draft. He always comes on towrds the end of season so I wouldnt drop him.From what I hear Lockett is a lot more injured than we are being told.

That's what I'm counting on for Floyd. Arians said he's "pressing too much", trying to do too much. That actually gives me some hope that he can turn it around. He bobbled a catch out of bounds Thursday, and he got visibly upset at himself. That's a good sign to me. Means he still cares.

I'm holding Lockett only because this team is in a return yardage league, and he was gold last year. I ended up dropping Ginn for Hogan, haven't really regretted it yet, in the whole day since :) He's scoring okay too, but way too erratically. I can't think of when I'd start him. So here's hoping I can catch some of that TerrorTom magic with Hogan.

Thanks for the advice.

I picked him up and now he's in the protocol. See him in 2-4 weeks. Argh.

I was watching red zone and they aren't talking about it. Is Hogan done for the day? I scooped him and plugged him. Even if he's done, he did his job for me, but that would still suck.

I was watching red zone and they aren't talking about it. Is Hogan done for the day? I scooped him and plugged him. Even if he's done, he did his job for me, but that would still suck.

He's done. He caught a bomb and got dragged down slamming his head. Looks like a good month in the protocol. He stumbled around walking off.

How is that possible? Where are the independent doctors who determine player concussion safety?

did not catch another pass. exited game with 4-114. ended same

No, he came back in and had a 2 yd rush. Rotoworld initially said he exited and was done, but then said he came back in. Weird.

i see the 2 yard rush you're speaking of. it is strange. i assume it was a wr screen or something. regardless if he came back in, it's a good sign!

looks like I found my WR3. glad I held on patiently since draft day. i was high scorer this week.

how much of the game did hogan actually miss? i am wondering if there is any reason to be concerned with only 5 targets?

I picked him up on waivers this week and started him. Happy with the 4/113.

It seemed liked he was in on almost every play? With that kind of usage and already some rapport with Tom Brady I think Hogan has some nice upside. He is much better than Amendola and gives the Pats a vertical threat with Gronk, Bennet, and Edelman all running short-intermediate routes. You could do a lot worse than Hogan.

how much of the game did hogan actually miss? i am wondering if there is any reason to be concerned with only 5 targets?

Yeah I hear ya, :rolleyes: I wish I had someone better, you should probably look for a better option, Maybe someone with 6 targets :dunno:

I picked him up on waivers this week and started him. Happy with the 4/113.

It seemed liked he was in on almost every play? With that kind of usage and already some rapport with Tom Brady I think Hogan has some nice upside. He is much better than Amendola and gives the Pats a vertical threat with Gronk, Bennet, and Edelman all running short-intermediate routes. You could do a lot worse than Hogan.

even weeks 1-3 he was in on almost every snap. Just him and Brady clicked like we saw back in the pre-season game they played together. I drafted Brady and then drafted Bennett and Hogan in rounds 11 & 12 with the hopes this exact chemistry would take place.

yeah. i actually do pay attention to the opportunity people are getting.

luckily, in this case, between his 5 targets and his one "rushing attempt" and the fact that it was basically just over 3 Q of action, i think he's getting enough oppotunity.

i picked him up before brady's return and was pleased, i just want to make sure i understand what i am looking at.

i think it should also be noted that NE was in control most of the game and that brady's pass attempts may go up as well on most weeks

Yeah I hear ya, :rolleyes: I wish I had someone better, you should probably look for a better option, Maybe someone with 6 targets :dunno:

he returned to the game, don't think he caught anymore passes but did return to the field

he returned to the game, don't think he caught anymore passes but did return to the field

The NFL has no idea what they are doing with concussions. I saw the play he slammed his head on the turf. He had to take a knee. Stumbled off the field and then they cleared him for more action. Why have independent concussion doctors?

The NFL has no idea what they are doing with concussions. I saw the play he slammed his head on the turf. He had to take a knee. Stumbled off the field and then they cleared him for more action. Why have independent concussion doctors?

To make it look like they give a sh1t about the health of the players.

Why didn't the Bills match it? No cap space or no desire?

Well, if you think you want a player, typically you would sign him to a contract you think the other team cant (or wont) match.

That is clearly what happened here.

How is Hogan trending in your drafts?

I think he's a great pick in the last third of rounds. Definitely safe as a WR4, he might have high ceilings as a WR3, and could even be a WR2. He's definitely worth a shot IMO.

There's a reason they signed him, plus Amendola and Edelman are walking M*A*S*H episodes waiting to happen.

dont forget Gronk.