Sign in to follow this  
envoy9

The one factor on where to draft Zeke

IMHO the overriding factor on where Zeke goes in your league is how many teams go to the playoffs. I see him going in mocks anywhere from mid 1st to late 3rd. I'm in 2 leagues... in one, we have 8/12 go. In that case, I see him as a late 1st round option. Assuming you make it, which is likely, you're gettting him at a discount. In my other league with top 6- and 2 teams get byes- I see him as almost undraftable. Thoughts?

Depends on what happens with your roster but you still should be able to make the top six drafting Elliott.

I wouldn't draft him at the end of the first round in any League though.

The way I see it, half the first round busts every year so why not just get a guy who will have fresh legs in Zeke. Would Gurley drafters last year rather have had a bench guy plug in for gurley for 6 weeks? Of course. Drafting a bust kills you cuz you HAVE to start them. WHAT? YOU CANT SIT GURLEY!! HES TODD GURLEY!. 2pnts, 3pnts, 5, 2, 9, season over. Meanwhile some stud is breaking out on your bench every week. I want to skip the part where my stud busts and just start the breakout lol! ;D

The way I see it, half the first round busts every year so why not just get a guy who will have fresh legs in Zeke. Would Gurley drafters last year rather have had a bench guy plug in for gurley for 6 weeks? Of course. Drafting a bust kills you cuz you HAVE to start them. WHAT? YOU CANT SIT GURLEY!! HES TODD GURLEY!. 2pnts, 3pnts, 5, 2, 9, season over. Meanwhile some stud is breaking out on your bench every week. I want to skip the part where my stud busts and just start the breakout lol! ;D

Doesn't Zeke have the same odds at busting as any of the other first round players? At least the other first round players are able to play at first.

Doesn't Zeke have the same odds at busting as any of the other first round players? At least the other first round players are able to play at first.

Indeed he does, but I said at least he has a fresh legs advantage.

Indeed he does, but I said at least he has a fresh legs advantage.

Also, although its hard to predict defenses, check his fantasy playoff schedule.

Even before the news of the Zeke being suspended I thought that he and the Cowboys would not have the overall season they had last season.

I wouldn't draft him until the third or even fourth round.

just to see what could happen, just did a mock where I took Zeke in the 2nd.

12 team, originally had pick 10 so I took him at Pick 15, here's how it went...

Jordy Nelson

Zeke Elliott

Joe Mixon

Dalvin Cook

Sammy Watkins

Marcus Mariota

LaGarrette Blount

Eric Decker

Rob Kelley

Hunter Henry

Thomas Rawls

Mike Wallace

Kenny Golladay

Pittsburgh

Robby Anderson

thoughts?

Jordy Nelson

Zeke Elliott

Joe Mixon

Dalvin Cook

Sammy Watkins

Marcus Mariota

LaGarrette Blount

Eric Decker

Rob Kelley

Hunter Henry

Thomas Rawls

Mike Wallace

Kenny Golladay

Pittsburgh

Robby Anderson

thoughts?

Jordy is a fine pick but the rest of your WRs are not good enough for me, especially if I have to start 3. The RBs aren't too bad but you are relying on rookies right away so it's hard to say. I feel like you took QB too early. If I'm taking Zeke then I'm really waiting on QB and TE to make up for his lost time. I'm also not sure on Henry at TE as long as Gates is there but you got him in a good round.

Overall I think you're going to be working hard to make the playoffs but it's certainly not the worst team I've seen.

• Like 1

Looks like a team that made a mistake in taking a player in the second round that's going to miss atleast six games.

Jordy Nelson

Zeke Elliott

Joe Mixon

Dalvin Cook

Sammy Watkins

Marcus Mariota

LaGarrette Blount

Eric Decker

Rob Kelley

Hunter Henry

Thomas Rawls

Mike Wallace

Kenny Golladay

Pittsburgh

Robby Anderson

thoughts?

I think the team looks okay.

You could have used better depth at WR, but that isnt as a result of grabbing zeke in round 2.

Watkins is okay as a WR2 and he could put up WR1 numbers but if you are gonna go with a guy like him, you need better depth at WR than you have.

I actually dont mind decker where you took him. He's with a better QB than he had the last 2 years, I think he's a good bounce back candidate.

after that, you have mostly RB depth when you dont need it.

Zeke, mixon and cook is okay. adding blount makes this very good.

Adding Fat Rob and Rawls was overkill.

you probablky could have not taken fat rob and drafted a serviceable WR and your team would have been better for it.

That being said, if any of those late guys pans out you can still trade one of them for a WR so all is not lost. I think you got a decent amount of talent, but you will need to fill out your roster with trades or astute waiver wire pickups.

Disagree.

Taking Zeke is the reason why he has Watkins at the wr2 postion.

I think he's even more over rated then he was with the Bills.

I don't see him posting wr1 numbers with no QB.

I think that team could be 0-6 by the time the Zeke returns.

Disagree.

Taking Zeke is the reason why he has Watkins at the wr2 postion.

I think he's even more over rated then he was with the Bills.

I don't see him posting wr1 numbers with no QB.

I think that team could be 0-6 by the time the Zeke returns.

Yea Watkins is not worth a pick that high. If that pick was even Larry Fitz I'd feel better about the team.

I'd take Watkins as a dart throw wr4 at most. But I'm biased, I said not to draft him last year when he had hype and didn't have him on my board even before he was traded.

Yea Watkins is not worth a pick that high. If that pick was even Larry Fitz I'd feel better about the team.

I'd take Watkins as a dart throw wr4 at most. But I'm biased, I said not to draft him last year when he had hype and didn't have him on my board even before he was traded.

Yes, this was another contributing factor I"m sure.

without a doubt he could have waited a round on Watkins (maybe 2 rounds)

either way, the WR's are too boom or bust to not have more depth in case he gets the bust.

All I am saying is I dont think the team is bad because he drafted Zeke in round 2. My point is there were other factors that contributed to this team not being top notch.

dont get me wrong, it's adequate. but he doesnt need that many RB's on his roster and could easily have scaled that back to grab a couple WR's that would shore up that position.

Jordy is a fine pick but the rest of your WRs are not good enough for me, especially if I have to start 3. The RBs aren't too bad but you are relying on rookies right away so it's hard to say. I feel like you took QB too early. If I'm taking Zeke then I'm really waiting on QB and TE to make up for his lost time. I'm also not sure on Henry at TE as long as Gates is there but you got him in a good round.

Overall I think you're going to be working hard to make the playoffs but it's certainly not the worst team I've seen.

I disagree, it's the worst team i've ever seen.

What if they play well and his team outscores his opponents teams? What then?

What if they play well and his team outscores his opponents teams? What then?

Maybe it was the first team he ever saw? Seems like he's trying to exaggerate a bit.

I took zeke yesterday in a 12 team ppr I had the pick 3 and I took him in the third rd at pick 27 overall. After going AB and Cooper in rds 1&2 zeke seemed like a good risk at that point with what was left for rbs, Crowell, miller, Ingram. I was then able to land delvin cook in rd 4, along with Coleman, Martin, and Henry. Guy took McFadden in rd 8 right before me.

I took zeke yesterday in a 12 team ppr I had the pick 3 and I took him in the third rd at pick 27 overall. After going AB and Cooper in rds 1&2 zeke seemed like a good risk at that point with what was left for rbs, Crowell, miller, Ingram. I was then able to land delvin cook in rd 4, along with Coleman, Martin, and Henry. Guy took McFadden in rd 8 right before me.

I am still trying to figure out how the WR2 on the Raiders continues to get drafted in the 2nd round year after year

I like it though, I can get way more production 2-3 rounds later

I love your strategy here though, just not sold on Cooper

Would agree I think Cooper as your number two pick is also a risk.

Tough situation taking Zeke in the third if he indeed doesn't play for six games.

42% of the regular season will be gone in most ff leagues and that's a lot of zero wins if Cooper is once again more of a wr3.

I'm not sure what to do about him. Hoping someone takes him in the second because I think I'd take him in the 3rd. If I draft him, I'll make sure to grab McFadden in the 6th (and pray that he stays healthy). Should have RB1 numbers all season at the expense of essentially losing a 6th round pick.

I don't get why so many people feel they need to get McFadden if they draft Elliott. It's not like McFadden is going to be a point for point replacement. Just grab any RB you feel can fill that position at a reasonable round.

well this little exercise was all for nothing as we just did our order and I pulled 10th, so certainly not taking him now.

My one snake draft is over and Zeke went with the last pick in the second round. Now that my snake draft is done and I don't have to worry about him there I'm moving my focus towards my auction draft this weekend. I don't know if I'd be willing to pay for him or not and if I was, what price is low enough.

I don't get why so many people feel they need to get McFadden if they draft Elliott. It's not like McFadden is going to be a point for point replacement. Just grab any RB you feel can fill that position at a reasonable round.

I think McFadden will produce a bit less than Elliott, but, IMO, he's much more of a guarantee to do well vs the other RBs drafted around him.

My one snake draft is over and Zeke went with the last pick in the second round. Now that my snake draft is done and I don't have to worry about him there I'm moving my focus towards my auction draft this weekend. I don't know if I'd be willing to pay for him or not and if I was, what price is low enough.

last pick in the 2nd is actually a really smart play by that guy.

just imagine DJ and Zeke come playoff time; that's scary.

last pick in the 2nd is actually a really smart play by that guy.

just imagine DJ and Zeke come playoff time; that's scary.

Certainly possible, if he makes it to the playoffs. It's a 10 team league this year and there are some strong teams. He was the last place team last year.

I think McFadden will produce a bit less than Elliott, but, IMO, he's much more of a guarantee to do well vs the other RBs drafted around him.

I bet Powell and Riddick in PPR out produce McFadden, and also are able to fill in for you all year

I bet Powell and Riddick in PPR out produce McFadden, and also are able to fill in for you all year

I'd rather go that route as well. There are other RBs as well, like Quiz.

Quiz I think is in the same boat.

Uncertain what he becomes once Martin returns.

The Zeke is a third round pick or later.

IMHO the overriding factor on where Zeke goes in your league is how many teams go to the playoffs. I see him going in mocks anywhere from mid 1st to late 3rd. I'm in 2 leagues... in one, we have 8/12 go. In that case, I see him as a late 1st round option. Assuming you make it, which is likely, you're gettting him at a discount. In my other league with top 6- and 2 teams get byes- I see him as almost undraftable. Thoughts?

Add 4 teams and let everyone in the play-offs?

I don't know the exact answer. Last year I got Elliot for $50. This year if he was to play all games, I would expect his value to be $60. I got Bell who had a 4 game suspension for $35. I felt at the time I stole him and turned out to be correct. Everyone was concerned about the 4 games and I figured He would be there most of the season and the entire playoffs. Same with Elliott this year. I figure he'll go around $30. I plan on drafting a top tier running back at about $55. I only need a mediocre RB to help me win 3 of the first six games. The waiver wire is ALWAYS producing surprises and I'm not worried. I hope I can get Zeke for $25.

My numbers are based on performance bonus and not PPR. $200 starting bank and 13 total on the roster.

Starting lineup is: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, K, Def.

I plan on spending around $85 for the 2 RB, $90 for the WR/TE, and the rest will be decided at auction time. I'm actually thinking I might use $193 for the QB,RB, & WR positions and get $1 players to finish my roster.