Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Jameis Winston

So... because I didn't do enough homework, I drafted Winston by accident. I was very surprise to see FFtoday rank him as #4 QB!

I know he got DeSean and Howard this year, but jumping from outside of top 12 to top 4 is little crazy.

Anyone else high on Winston as top 5 QB this year?

I draft qbs later then most.

So right now he's my number one QB.

no 4? I would be utterly shocked, even with those weapons he finishes top 8

Rodgers, Brady, Brees

Mariota, Wilson, Ryan

those are my easy top 6

Winston is in the next group of

Carr, Rivers, Cousins, Dak, Luck, Stafford, Ben, Dalton, Cam, etc

IE the guys that you wait on and not worry about a QB

I think Winston is a shoe-in for top 3, possibility of #1. I can easily see 4500+ yards and 40 TD's. Tampa will have a top 3 offense this year.

I think Winston is a shoe-in for top 3, possibility of #1. I can easily see 4500+ yards and 40 TD's. Tampa will have a top 3 offense this year.

Could happen but that would be best possible outcome. Barring injury, I don't see anyone close to Rodgers/Brady/Brees. Maybe roethlesberger?

I have him slated for #8. I have him down for 6,182 yards, 53TD's, 6INT's, 413 rushing yards, 13 rushing TD's, and 6 lost fumbles.

I took him in the 8th round as my number one QB. So I guess fingers crossed

Top 4, no way. Not happening. Now, coming in around 9th or 10th, I could maybe see that. I read that he's have a great camp so that is encouraging.

I have him slated for #8. I have him down for 6,182 yards, 53TD's, 6INT's, 413 rushing yards, 13 rushing TD's, and 6 lost fumbles.

Really? You think he'll throw 6 picks this year?

He's a high ceiling, low floor QB to me. Not sure I want that risk, but like everything else, it depends on the price.

:thumbsup: This.

He has a high ceiling and lower floor than the other top QB's.

I dont think hes super risky but certainly there is a bit more risk than typically expected of a QB1. I would say it's fine to draft him, but it may be prudent to get a decent backup just in case things dont work out.

Once a couple games are in and you are sure he's the real deal, then you can drop or trade your backup to grab the best player available on the wire.

:thumbsup: This.

He has a high ceiling and lower floor than the other top QB's.

I dont think hes super risky but certainly there is a bit more risk than typically expected of a QB1. I would say it's fine to draft him, but it may be prudent to get a decent backup just in case things dont work out.

Once a couple games are in and you are sure he's the real deal, then you can drop or trade your backup to grab the best player available on the wire.

yah thats true, I dont want to draft a QB knowing I have to grab another

Rather take Big Ben in the same area, or Cousins, Stafford etc

Has top 6 qb potential. Remember, Matt Ryan wasn't even being drafted last year after a bad 2015. He had his best season and is now being taken assuming he duplicates it (he won't). Winston is a steal where you can get him later. If he's a bum, you didn't spend too much.

I've struggled with this portion of the projection for 33 hours, but yes, that's what I determined. Book it

• Like 1

Has top 6 qb potential. Remember, Matt Ryan wasn't even being drafted last year after a bad 2015. He had his best season and is now being taken assuming he duplicates it (he won't). Winston is a steal where you can get him later. If he's a bum, you didn't spend too much.

agreed.

value is all about where someone is drafted.

If I draft this kid in the first or second round, I'm probably not gonna feel I got value.

If I draft him in round 8, I may feel quite differently about the situation.

You can say what you want about Ryan - maybe he doesn't duplicate it - but he has nice talent with Julio, Sanu, and an under rated Hooper.

He also plays New Orleans twice in the fantasy playoffs so he will be a top 3 qb at worst when it matters....

I'd rather have Carr all day over Winston. He keeps taking steps every year, and now the offense is entering their prime years with a nice offensive line. Winston has only had sporadic great games and turns it over and misses too many passes to be an elite fantasy option. I kind of even like Cousins more than Winston.

You can say what you want about Ryan - maybe he doesn't duplicate it - but he has nice talent with Julio, Sanu, and an under rated Hooper.

He also plays New Orleans twice in the fantasy playoffs so he will be a top 3 qb at worst when it matters....

I'd rather have Carr all day over Winston. He keeps taking steps every year, and now the offense is entering their prime years with a nice offensive line. Winston has only had sporadic great games and turns it over and misses too many passes to be an elite fantasy option. I kind of even like Cousins more than Winston.

The Falcons play the Saints weeks 14 and 16. Playoff time.

That's the only stat that jumped out to you that warrants reaction? :shocking:

I'm actually quite high on Winston and expect him to finish in the 4-6 range. He thrown for 22 and 28 TDs te past two years with 4,000+ yards each season and just added DJax as a #2 deep threat and OJ as another pass catching TE. Evans is a stud coming into his prime and Brate is sneaky good. The Bucs will be in some shoot outs in their division.

I'm expecting a modest bump in passing #s to maybe 4,200 yards and 30-32 TDs. Two years ago he ran for 6 touchdowns. That was down to 1 last year, an outlier for a QB as mobile as Jameis. Put him down for 250 rushing and 3-4 scores and that's a very solid season.

I took him in the 8th round as my number one QB. So I guess fingers crossed

When you get a top 5 guy at his position in the 8th round, you're in good shape.

I've seen the phrase "high ceiling and low floor" a few times here. I'm curious... what do you consider "low floor"?

I'm actually debating reaching for him in the 6th or 7th. After Wilson I think he's the next best option ahead of ryan, luck, newton, ect.

Winston should be ahead of Wilson.

Over all I have him ranked fourth.

Only Brady , Rodgers, and Bress should be ranked higher.

Winston should be ahead of Wilson.

Over all I have him ranked fourth.

Only Brady , Rodgers, and Bress should be ranked higher.

It's a tossup between the two. I've flipped them back and forth a few times. I figure Wilson to go off the board anyway by the time I'm ready to take a qb.

Don't see them all that close.

I think Wilson could in fact score even less ff points then last season.

I don't see any upgrades on his team to make me think his ff points will be better or even the same from last season.

But Winston I can see him doing so, they have improved on offence to give him even more weapons.

Don't see them all that close.

I think Wilson could in fact score even less ff points then last season.

I don't see any upgrades on his team to make me think his ff points will be better or even the same from last season.

But Winston I can see him doing so, they have improved on offence to give him even more weapons.

I think Wilson actually being healthy is what will spurn his improvement.

I watched the Sea/MN preseason game week 2, and he looked like the Wilson of old. 13 of 18 for 206 yards and 2 TDs in one half of football, and against a very good defense.

Couple that with what looks to be an abysmal running game, and I think Wilson will have a very good year. Not going to debate him vs Winston, but I think you're downgrading him too much.

No question I could be.

I'm actually quite high on Winston and expect him to finish in the 4-6 range. He thrown for 22 and 28 TDs te past two years with 4,000+ yards each season and just added DJax as a #2 deep threat and OJ as another pass catching TE. Evans is a stud coming into his prime and Brate is sneaky good. The Bucs will be in some shoot outs in their division.

I'm expecting a modest bump in passing #s to maybe 4,200 yards and 30-32 TDs. Two years ago he ran for 6 touchdowns. That was down to 1 last year, an outlier for a QB as mobile as Jameis. Put him down for 250 rushing and 3-4 scores and that's a very solid season.

just cause hes black, doesnt make him mobile

I just don't see the guy who was no 16, jumping to no 4

if you want a QB going way too low, take Big Ben, we have seen him be ultra elite, I don't know why hes dropped off the planet

Even Rivers, whose floor has been higher than Winstons best, and is getting a healthy Allen (again) an emerging Henry and Lord Tyrell, Benjamin healthy, Inman and Gates playing in the redzone, that is a highly potent offensive crew

As long as he has Mike Evans, he'll be fine...

That guy is amazing and even made Johnny Football look good in college. All he has to do is throw the ball in his direction...

Like Stafford with Megatron.

if you want a QB going way too low, take Big Ben, we have seen him be ultra elite, I don't know why hes dropped off the planet

Because he's mediocre at best on the road which accounts for half the games he plays. He still gets decent yards but a TD:INT ratio of 14:17 on the road in the past two years doesn't give me huge hopes at a position where TDs are critically important to scoring potential. That's below 1 TD per game on average and that is atrocious for a starting fantasy QB. If you take Big Ben you are practically required to take a second starting-caliber QB to play whenever he's on the road.

As for Winston, I'm not nearly as bullish on him as the FFToday ratings but the potential is absolutely there. I think he has a MUCH higher ceiling than the guys going in the same area as him in the draft... he also has a much lower floor than them so it's a risk/reward proposition. I have him in a semi-keeper league where we can keep anyone drafted 8th round or later last year if we forfeit the same round pick this year. I took him in the 8th last year and I'm heavily leaning toward keeping him when we draft tonight.

Because he's mediocre at best on the road which accounts for half the games he plays. He still gets decent yards but a TD:INT ratio of 14:17 on the road in the past two years doesn't give me huge hopes at a position where TDs are critically important to scoring potential. That's below 1 TD per game on average and that is atrocious for a starting fantasy QB. If you take Big Ben you are practically required to take a second starting-caliber QB to play whenever he's on the road.

As for Winston, I'm not nearly as bullish on him as the FFToday ratings but the potential is absolutely there. I think he has a MUCH higher ceiling than the guys going in the same area as him in the draft... he also has a much lower floor than them so it's a risk/reward proposition. I have him in a semi-keeper league where we can keep anyone drafted 8th round or later last year if we forfeit the same round pick this year. I took him in the 8th last year and I'm heavily leaning toward keeping him when we draft tonight.

I know its really a weird trend with Ben, I can't quite understand it every football field is the same, but dude still finished no 9 in my scoring last year, and I gotta think road game downs is some type of fluke, its not like baseball

full season of Bell, Brown and Bryant, with a couple other guys who started to emerge last year, makes him a buy at his price for me

Anyone else high on Winston as top 5 QB this year?

I managed to grab him as my early-season starter in a keeper league where I have Luck (and sometimes no luck). I was very happy, as of course all the other top QBs were gone. Rivers was next best QB after all the keepers were gone.

Of course, I'll have to do something later on in the season, as Luck and Winston share a bye week. But tons will change by then.

I know its really a weird trend with Ben, I can't quite understand it every football field is the same, but dude still finished no 9 in my scoring last year, and I gotta think road game downs is some type of fluke, its not like baseball

full season of Bell, Brown and Bryant, with a couple other guys who started to emerge last year, makes him a buy at his price for me

Yeah, I agree he's going later than he should be and it's a very good value proposition at his ADP. BUT, if you're gonna snag him make sure you've done the extra homework so you can target a guy that has good match-ups when Ben is on the road. I also REALLY like him as a QB2 - assuming he's at home when your other guy is on bye.