Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Tom Clancys Jack Ryan season now on Amazon prime video

Looks good. Havent watched it yet but will probably check it out later with my dad.

Dude. I was just looking for something to watch before the Mets game. Was going to catch up on Castle Rock (which is good so far. I'm only 2 in) and I got a pop up for this.

Totally forgot today was the 31st. I'm going in !!!!!

Watched pilot

Not sure what, I think read 80% of Jack Ryan novels - this does not seem to fit into any timeline.

Not bad story but not JR story.

BUNK !!!

Good addition

Watched pilot

Not sure what, I think read 80% of Jack Ryan novels - this does not seem to fit into any timeline.

Not bad story but not JR story.

BUNK !!!

Good addition

So doesnt really follow the JR novels. Kind of its own storyline? Still a good watch (at least so far)?

So doesnt really follow the JR novels. Kind of its own storyline? Still a good watch (at least so far)?

Yes and yes (based on one episode)

Yes and yes (based on one episode)

Awesome. Plan on watching it with dad later on tonight (if there arent any good college games on tonight)

Now I'm talking to myself.

BUT

PSA

It's ALOT of subtitles and that's starting to wear thin.

Now I'm talking to myself.

BUT

PSA

It's ALOT of subtitles and that's starting to wear thin.

Wife and I watched first episode...was solid. Id rather have subtitles than a cheesy accent. I didnt think the subtitles were bad. Dont like the yellow color but to each his own.

Wife and I watched first episode...was solid. Id rather have subtitles than a cheesy accent. I didnt think the subtitles were bad. Dont like the yellow color but to each his own.

I didn't mind them at first but some episodes were 50% subtitles.

Fvck

It was only an 8 episode season. Had no clue until it was over.

:cry:

Fvck

It was only an 8 episode season. Had no clue until it was over.

:cry:

Dam finished it in a weekend I see

Dam finished it in a weekend I see

2 5 1

Fri Sat Sun

Thought there was more !!!!!!

Just finished this the other night and was discussing with some buddies. It was good, certainly better than most of the shows on TV (90% of TV is unwatchable IMO), but not quite great.

My theory is it's Krasinski. He's just not as cool as Harrison Ford. Well nobody is lol. But he is not really even close. He will always be Jim from the office. That's who he is.

But yeah, solid writing and acting. 7 out of 10 and will watch season 2.

Didn't binge it but it's pretty good, have two episodes left. And I get the Jim from the office critique, but I actually thought it would be worse. I mean there are moments where it's like wtf, where's Dwight? But for the most part I thought he pulled it off. They chick who plays the terrorist dude's wife... If that's her in the naked scene... Has a smoking body. :wub:

Won't post spoilers.

I never watched the office so that didn't bother me.

Followed a sub on Reddit and man people are ridiculous- complaining about the most minutely small "holes" in the story. Give it up and enjoy it for what it is.

And one thing its not ? It's not a mirror image of the books and or movies. I'm Ok with that. It's 2018.

I just hope they move on from same ole Arab terrorist theme.

Finished this weekend, solid watch. Enjoyed it and looking forward to new seasons.

I thought John K was great, he has pretty good range, he sold the high moral compass angle really well.

Side note, I always forget how much I enjoy movies/shows with middle eastern/terrorist plots. I need to watch The Kingdom again sometime, that is a solid middle eastern themed movie.

I liked it a lot. I get frustrated hearing people bash it for not consistently following the Jack Ryan-verse. It wasn't supposed to.

Also petty peeves / holes in the story. Petty. It's a fiction show. Get over yourselves.

Great for what it was. Recommended for sure.

I liked it a lot. I get frustrated hearing people bash it for not consistently following the Jack Ryan-verse. It wasn't supposed to.

Also petty peeves / holes in the story. Petty. It's a fiction show. Get over yourselves.

Great for what it was. Recommended for sure.

I dont even know the Jack Ryanverse so Im fine with it

I dont even know the Jack Ryanverse so Im fine with it

Because you never read it :lol:

Just finished season 2. I thought it was really good. Better than season 1. Great action red blooded American pop drama.

Unrealistic as all fock, but quite entertaining. 

The whole second season was completely unnecessary.

Spoiler

All that old senator had to do was say they were cultivating a 2nd source of tantalum down there and mining equipment was what was in the containers Jack was so worried about.  Instead he decides to kill a fellow senator?  For what?

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Just finished season 2. I thought it was really good. Better than season 1. Great action red blooded American pop drama.

Unrealistic as all fock, but quite entertaining. 

So is the avengers. Doesn’t mean it can’t be entertaining. Still have yet to watch it but dad has gotten to season 2. He seems to really enjoy it