Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Chiefs making front office changes

Interesting day in KC today. Head coach Andy Reid is given a contract extension, while the team moves on from GM John Dorsey. It sounds like Dorsey's contract ran through 2017 but he wasn't going to be extended so the two decided to part ways.

You got a wonder if Reid/Dorsey were on different sides of the player movement that's gone on the last couple years... release of Jamaal Charles, Maclin... plus the poor cap situation they find themselves in.

• Like 1

That's what I'm hearing, chiefs wanted to extend both, Dorsey was non-commital and sounds like he wanted to go to GB next year. Chiefs preferred to part ways so they could find someone now to prepare for next year's draft

That's what I'm hearing, chiefs wanted to extend both, Dorsey was non-commital and sounds like he wanted to go to GB next year. Chiefs preferred to part ways so they could find someone now to prepare for next year's draft

For a Chiefs fan you don't know lol. Dude was a fantastic draft evaluator but mismanaged the cap and some contract situations into a salary cap hell for the team. Raiders will still be dealing with the teams he's built for a few years, but it ain't breaking my heart to see him go. This is a pretty good breakdown here-

http://fansided.com/2017/06/23/chiefs-firing-john-dorsey-rumors-replacements-reasons/amp/

For a Chiefs fan you don't know ###### lol. Dude was a fantastic draft evaluator but mismanaged the cap and some contract situations into a salary cap hell for the team. Raiders will still be dealing with the teams he's built for a few years, but it ain't breaking my heart to see him go. This is a pretty good breakdown here-

http://fansided.com/2017/06/23/chiefs-firing-john-dorsey-rumors-replacements-reasons/amp/

nice link.

Going forward, I see Andy as having more control in the KC organization. Andy has his face and reputation on the line, and I think he has the complete trust of the owner.

The Patriots model seems to be the best currently so the comparison has it's correlations.

Chiefs name internal candidate Brett Veach GM