Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Have any movie or tv prop memorabilia? Game worn items for professional sports players?

I supposedly have a game-used Football from a San Diego Chargers - Dallas Cowboys football game. It has the ref's markings and the Cowboys and NFL name embossed into it. I paid $300 for it, so I dunno. I assume its real.

About 5 years back, I bid over $400 on Ebay for a pair of show-worn Gilligan's pants. Thankfully, I lost the bid by like $60.

I just thought it would be cool to have them as a conversation piece. (I assumed they were real, the place selling had positive history on other tv-show items)

Not a memorabilia guy but i caught a Kyle Schwarber batting practice homer on the fly last year in Cleveland prior to game 6.

Ill probably be buried with that ball.

Have any movie or tv prop memorabilia? Game worn items for professional sports players?

none.

But I'd imagine that that Christopher Walken "kept it up my ass" watch is one of the best pieces to own....

others that'd be great?

the gun from "take the gun, leave the canolis"

the mask from Jim Carey's "The Mask"

Ferris Bueller's clarinet

... more... lots more...

So there is a scene in The Natural where they are showing off the Roy Hobbs baseball cards being printed. My dad got the great idea at the time to write to the movie studio and ask if he could have one. They sent him a sheet and he split them up between my siblings and I. Not sure how many roy hobbs baseball cards there are out there but I doubt it could be that many.

• Like 1

I don't have anything, but 2 years ago I was at a fundraiser for a guy with cancer, and a Gronk signed Patriots game ball was one of the items for the silent auction. I got into a bidding war with some rich clown who hated to lose at anything. It went up to close to $500 before I bowed out, and the rich guy got it. I really only wanted the ball so I could do my own pressure testing on it. :banana:

I caught a grand slam from Andres Galarraga when I was a kid. I have it and the VHS from the news of me catching it somewhere in my dad's basement. Probably with all my baseball cards.

I have a game puck signed by Paul Coffey and Dino Ciccarelli. An x of mine worked at the Joe Lew and got it for me.

I have Anthony Quinn's wife beater undershirt. I traded my Van for it.

I have a game puck signed by Paul Coffey and Dino Ciccarelli. An x of mine worked at the Joe Lew and got it for me.

Man I loved Dino.

So there is a scene in The Natural where they are showing off the Roy Hobbs baseball cards being printed. My dad got the great idea at the time to write to the movie studio and ask if he could have one. They sent him a sheet and he split them up between my siblings and I. Not sure how many roy hobbs baseball cards there are out there but I doubt it could be that many.

That's very cool would you sell one?

That's very cool would you sell one?

I doubt I will ever sell any of the cards I have left. I have a son and I hope to eventually leave them all to him.

If you are up for it take a pic and post it, if be interested in just seeing one

absolutely

I own Jon Voight's car.

I don't have any game used stuff but I do have a lot of signed stuff.

Ernie banks bat, ball, poster, and jersey

Bobby Hull autographed puck

Harry Caray and jack brickhouse ball

Pete rose ball

Lou Brock ball

Kris bryant ball

Clyde Drexler basketball

Football by the 2010 Texans

Craig biggio bat

Aramis Ramirez bat

Geovanny Soto bat

Ryan theriot bat

In 8x10s I have

Andre Dawson

Ryne sandberg

Carlos zambrano

Billy Williams

Andre Johnson

Chad fox

Mario Williams

Devin hester

Brian urlacher

David Carr

I also have a World Series ticket stub from the 45 series

I have a signed Kevin Greene picture. I think that's it. Actually, I might have two. I planned to give one to a friend but I don't remember if I ever did.

I got Leodis McKelvin to sign two pictures that I gave to a friend and my nephew.

Marshall Faulk game worn shoes

Ricky Proehl game worn shoes

Chris Long game worn jersey

Matt Bowen game worn jersey

Rich Coady game worn jersey

Ricky Proehl game worn jersey

Jackie Slater game worn helmet

Not a memorabilia guy but i caught a Kyle Schwarber batting practice homer on the fly last year in Cleveland prior to game 6.

Ill probably be buried with that ball.

Along with his MLB career? :o

Anyway, not a huge collector. I've got an Anquan Boldin signed football, Ken Whisenhunt signed hat, and Fernando Rodney signed baseball.

I also have from my father a football with the entire 1971 NE Patriots roster signatures on it. My dad knew a coach somehow (he was a foreman in the shoe industry) so I have no idea who he knew or how he got it. Me beign a dumbfock kid at the time touched it way too much and the signatures have largely rubbed off. :wall:

A friend of mine collects, my favorite of his is a photo of Jimmy V giving his famous speech, with a transcript of the speech next to it, and Jimmy V's signature. That would be cool to have on your wall. :thumbsup:

Marshall Faulk game worn shoes

Ricky Proehl game worn shoes

Chris Long game worn jersey

Matt Bowen game worn jersey

Rich Coady game worn jersey

Ricky Proehl game worn jersey

Jackie Slater game worn helmet

soooo.....how?

Not movie or whatever. I have an actual print of Neil Armstrong saluting next to the flag on the moon. It's one of a handful from the original negatives taken. He's saluting with his right hand standing next to the left of the flag. The module they landed with and the lunar car they drove are on the far right.

The paper it was printed on an the various plus areas make it authentic.

If sports are included, I have a 1995 upper deck griffey mantle auto signed by both... out of a pack as a 10 year old

Nolan Ryan

Pete Rose

Don Mattingly

Autographs on baseballs.

And a Ric Flair signed photo from a meet n greet with him.

can get on Ebay for like 3 dollars

those are reprints.

Got a couple autographed baseball cards and baseball (Nolan Ryan), couple photos with celebs and singers, autographed photo of my wife and I by the person who sang our wedding song, and copies of the checks I made when I was in the movie Forces of Nature as an extra. Probably more but I can't think of much right now. Plan on getting more stuff later on when I actually buy a house and can have a dedicated mancave where I can display them

Got a couple autographed baseball cards and baseball (Nolan Ryan), couple photos with celebs and singers, autographed photo of my wife and I by the person who sang our wedding song, and copies of the checks I made when I was in the movie Forces of Nature as an extra. Probably more but I can't think of much right now. Plan on getting more stuff later on when I actually buy a house and can have a dedicated mancave where I can display them

OK I'll bite... what was your role as an extra?

OK I'll bite... what was your role as an extra?

Literally walking around in the background. I think I was 10-12 at the time. My grandma and I were in it as extras. She ended up snapping a picture of Sandra Bullock talking to me while Ben Afleck patted my head when I asked her where she was going to do autographs at. They filmed a couple scenes at South of the Border and that's where we got to participate as. My family said you could catch a quick glimpse of me in the movie when they road the sombrero ride.

Yeah, nothing game used. Best I have is an 84 World Series program auto'd by Alan Trammell and Sparky Anderson.

and i got blasted for getting a few pga autographs

yet some dude is bidding on gilligan pants :thumbsup:

soooo.....how?

obviously knew an equipment manager or knew someone who knew.

i had some training camp worn stuff from Jets scrubs (insert they are all scrubs joke here) because my uncle knew the equipment manager and would hook him up with a big box of stuff (cleats, jerseys, etc) for his youth football kids.

I don't have any game used stuff but I do have a lot of signed stuff.

Ernie banks bat, ball, poster, and jersey

Bobby Hull autographed puck

Harry Caray and jack brickhouse ball

Pete rose ball

Lou Brock ball

Kris bryant ball

Clyde Drexler basketball

Football by the 2010 Texans

Craig biggio bat

Aramis Ramirez bat

Geovanny Soto bat

Ryan theriot bat

In 8x10s I have

Andre Dawson

Ryne sandberg

Carlos zambrano

Billy Williams

Andre Johnson

Chad fox

Mario Williams

Devin hester

Brian urlacher

David Carr

I also have a World Series ticket stub from the 45 series

maybe instead of listing all that stuff you could at least make a half assed attempt to manage your Cubs in the fantasy league :thumbsdown: