Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

No wedding, reception only

Close family.

How much do you give?

50 PP is the minimum

• Like 1

Twice what you think you should. For the simple fact that you didn't have to sit through the focking thing.

50 PP is the minimum

For adults yes but not for little kids.

2 bills, minimum, if you can afford it. 5 bills if you can really afford it.

:blink:

Is this Henry Hill's reception in Goodfellas?

Give what you can afford. I'm struggling with the same question as my nephew will marry in 2 months. I think I gave his sister a few hundred bucks but I don't quite remember. I'm thinking $200 for him and a card and calling it a day.

I'd pay $300 to avoid the whole focking thing if I could.

Are they not having a wedding or are you just not attending? Cuz if they're actually not having one and just having a party you should throw in extra :thumbsup:

Are they not having a wedding or are you just not attending? Cuz if they're actually not having one and just having a party you should throw in extra :thumbsup:

Right?

the wedding is the worst part

Extra credit for that

Right?

the wedding is the worst part

Extra credit for that

I'm much rather just go to the wedding and avoid the reception. The wedding is a breeze. Dealing with a room full of nitwits for hours after is the suck part.

I'm much rather just go to the wedding and avoid the reception. The wedding is a breeze. Dealing with a room full of nitwits for hours after is the suck part.

postyjr

Don't forget that 99.9% of the time you are gonna be dealing with a twerpy, bullshiot, fuckchop DJ as well.

• Like 1

Wedding's are just dumb, especially now and especially in America. It's like having a conception ceremony and then the women 6 weeks later decides to abort.

I want my money back.

:blink:

Is this Henry Hill's reception in Goodfellas?

If you can afford it. I am not rich, but I probably spend close to 5 bills a year on everyone in my immediate family down to my nephews. Birthdays, Christmas, cookouts, dinners, beers, etc. Adds up. If I am close enough to attend your wedding, you get 2 bills.

Don't forget that 99.9% of the time you are gonna be dealing with a twerpy, bullshiot, fuckchop DJ as well.

My neighbor is a fockchop DJ and does nothing but DJ, drink, get high, and count his money. No he is not edjr.

My wedding was great. Probably the best one I ever went to.

Wedding's are just dumb, especially now and especially in America. It's like having a conception ceremony and then the women 6 weeks later decides to abort.

I want my money back.

Yup. Out of my 10-12 closest friends from high school roughly half of them have already been married and divorced

depends on level of relationship.

Nothing, your presence is enough of a present. Especially if you had to travel there. Get em the cheapest gift on their registry or a towel set or something if you must.

It all depends on how much I like the couple too. Basically got dragged to a wedding a few years back for a marriage I knew wouldn't last (they've since divorced) and brought an $8 bottle of wine as a gift :lol:

Also depends on the age of the bride and groom.

I'm more generous when the couple is young and just starting out in life. Less so after the age of 30, and downright stingy if either is on their 2nd marriage.

They are not having a wedding and instead decided to just have a 4 hour gathering at a hotel ball room. It's my cousin and her fiance who I get along well with and I am close with my cousins.

I gave 250.

I think the only reason I asked is that it almost felt like a money grab. No dinner plate. There was food but it was carving station and appetizers and such. Open bar.

I know it wasn't a money grab but it just seemed lame.

Yeah definitely glad to not sit thru a wedding ceremony

Nothing, your presence is enough of a present. Especially if you had to travel there. Get em the cheapest gift on their registry or a towel set or something if you must.

I don't do registry crap. More work than writing a check

Give what you can afford. I'm struggling with the same question as my nephew will marry in 2 months. I think I gave his sister a few hundred bucks but I don't quite remember. I'm thinking $200 for him and a card and calling it a day.

I'd pay $300 to avoid the whole focking thing if I could.

:thumbsup:

My nephew got married a few years ago and the wedding was right before my fireworks season in Flagstaff,wanted to just send some cash but the mrs and rest of the family was like :nono: so I hired extra help,drove from Missouri to Flagstaff,spent money on a rental home,food,gas etc plus a nice gift and the little sh!t was divorced within a year. :mad:

:thumbsup:

My nephew got married a few years ago and the wedding was right before my fireworks season in Flagstaff,wanted to just send some cash but the mrs and rest of the family was like :nono: so I hired extra help,drove from Missouri to Flagstaff,spent money on a rental home,food,gas etc plus a nice gift and the little sh!t was divorced within a year. :mad:

It's insane that so much time, effort and money is spent on something with a 50% failure rate.

It's insane that so much time, effort and money is spent on something with a 50% failure rate.

It's among the biggest rackets we have in society. Waste of money every time. My wedding was in Hawaii, on a 6 day vacation alone on a beach. Who was invited? NO ONE. Just us and an amazing combo honeymoon vacation. Whole thing was less than 5 grand and blew everyone else's wedding I know out of the park and they all wish they had done the same (the ones that aren't divorced I mean).

My wife could not stomach the thought of all the great vacations we could take with the money that people spend on these elaborate weddings they see on sitcoms and movies.

Boggle

Boggle

I got a friend a slap chop one time for 15 bucks and it ended up being the only gift he ever actually used. He said they made salsa and chopped up all sorts of stuff on the honeymoon. Practical is tactical.

sooooo....isn't this just called a party? :unsure:

Yeah... clearly they are taking this commitment thing seriously. Over/under of 1 year, I'll take the under.

Yeah... clearly they are taking this commitment thing seriously. Over/under of 1 year, I'll take the under.

I dunno. I actually like it.

The ceremony part is expensive as Fock, and nobody wants to go to it. I mean nobody.

The celebration is the part people remember.

And god you guys are some crusty focks. I mean Christ, go celebrate with your loved ones and wish them well.

As long as it isn't during football season, in which case, Fock them.

My brother got married on a football Sunday, but did it smart. The reception had a huge room, with a good sized bar off to the side. He had multiple tvs and Sunday ticket going, with a bunch of free cigars. The guys were all in there, and the wimmens were doing whatever the Fock they do when we aren't around.

Like a couple posters said earlier: give what you think you should If you aren't going to get them something from the registry.

If they are good friends with you then personally I'd do at least $100. If they are more of acquaintances then $50 should be fine.

Married once the real way and the bill was about $20k. Divorced

Married and reception in my barn for the second marriage. 3k and much more enjoyable. Married

No way. They have been together for 6 years and living together for 3. I think I know why they are choosing not to have a formal wedding and I also don't blame them.

If and when I tie the knot I have no interest in a formal wedding.

Yes technically it's just a party to celebrate that they will be married but I expect it to last

Like a couple posters said earlier: give what you think you should If you aren't going to get them something from the registry.

If they are good friends with you then personally I'd do at least $100. If they are more of acquaintances then $50 should be fine.

Well I did state that it's my cousin and I'm very close with my cousins. Psuedo brothers and sisters to me. And I get along very well with her fiance.

I gave 250. I never do registries because I feel like a nice card and money is more practical for them and less work for me.

• Like 1

How can we answer without knowing your cousin's can size/hotness level? :mad:

I dunno. I actually like it.

The ceremony part is expensive as Fock, and nobody wants to go to it. I mean nobody.

The celebration is the part people remember.

And god you guys are some crusty focks. I mean Christ, go celebrate with your loved ones and wish them well.

As long as it isn't during football season, in which case, Fock them.

My brother got married on a football Sunday, but did it smart. The reception had a huge room, with a good sized bar off to the side. He had multiple tvs and Sunday ticket going, with a bunch of free cigars. The guys were all in there, and the wimmens were doing whatever the Fock they do when we aren't around.

Even though he did do it right he should be punched in the face for having it on a Sunday, much less a football Sunday. I'm guessing it was his wife's decison though :D