Sign in to follow this  
DC

Matt Jones or Ameer Abdullah to keep?

I can keep one of them w/out coughing up a draft pick.

Matt Jones or Ameer Abdullah?

Abdullah no longer has J. Bell competing with him. Just Riddick and Zenner.

Matt Jones no longer has Alfred Morris up his arse either, just Thompson and a couple of guys I never heard of.

Which one better for the next couple of years?

i fully believe that Jones is the more talented and more complete RB. He just needs to work on ball security.

in terms of competition, I think Riddick may actually be the best fantasy RB in Detroit if they continue to play catch up so often. Not really an indictment on abdullah, he has plenty of promise but if you asked me to pick one right now for the next few years im taking Jones.

I like Matt Jones more than Abdullah.

i fully believe that Jones is the more talented and more complete RB. He just needs to work on ball security.

in terms of competition, I think Riddick may actually be the best fantasy RB in Detroit if they continue to play catch up so often. Not really an indictment on abdullah, he has plenty of promise but if you asked me to pick one right now for the next few years im taking Jones.

Both players have to work on Ball security.

Both have been working on their grip to make sure they dont lose the ball.

I havnt seen any reports on Abdullah, but there is an article I posted in a thread on one of the other boards here saying they think they've solved Jones issues.

problem is... this always happens with players who have ball security issues, and you dont truly know if they have resolved it until halfway through the next season. If you have the luxury of waiting, try to wait it out until camp. You may get some reports that one of them is still having issues and that will make your decision for you.

If you have to pick now, and I were in your shoes, I'd pick Jones. I only say that because I saw a couple of Detroit games where Abdullah was brutal this way. so by extra exposure to Abdullah, I've become more risk averse with him. You can call it personal bias if you want. I'm just giving my opinion.

I would pick Abdullah. I believe he has more talent and upside. I believe Jones may share carries a bit more.

Lets not mince words here.

both players had ball security issues.

the better pick will be the guy who resolves these issues best.

if you have butterfingers, you are gonna find yourself sitting on the bench a lot more. at this level, guys lose jobs because they cant hang onto the ball.

there are 3 or 4 players I can think of in the NFL who are more than talented enough to start, but sit in backup roles because they cannot hang onto the football.

These guys will be no exception if they cant resolve their issues.

I'd say the odds are even that one of them is out of the league in 2-3 years.

I'd say for every guy like Tiki Barber who resolved his fumbling issues, there is a Steve Slaton out there who did not.

Arian Foster is set to workout with the Lions so this could considerably drop Abdullah's value.

Arian Foster is set to workout with the Lions so this could considerably drop Abdullah's value.

Signed with the Dolphins, never made it to Detroit.

Scratch that

Riddick proved last season that he is going to be used in the passing game .

And Abdullah didn't show me anything in the running game .

M Jones can catch and has the higher upside .

neither one is thrilling tbh