Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Gordon to Pats...

Well, the Browns got a 5th rounder for a guy they simply couldn't get any production out of since his suspensions. Not bad.

Well, I am a skeptic that this move will work, that said, I am probably wrong. I am debating making an offer for him. His one catch was a damn good one last week.

He has played 10 total games over the past 4 years, not including the one this year. Where is the confidence that he will play much this year?

Just traded DJ/Allison/Callaway for Hyde/Josh Gordon/Crowder

and i love it.

My WRs are now Adams/Juju/Gordon the Patriots version/Quincy (or Crab).

And sadly, I think Hyde > DJ this season.

Just having the guy on the field will bring their offense back to life. All anybody has to do currently is take Gronk out of the game.

I've held onto this pos forever in a Dynasty league... Same league I own Brady in, hoping it pans out. :unsure:

Just traded DJ/Allison/Callaway for Hyde/Josh Gordon/Crowder

and i love it.

My WRs are now Adams/Juju/Gordon the Patriots version/Quincy (or Crab).

And sadly, I think Hyde > DJ this season.

As a Hyde Owner that would be great but I would trade Hyde for DJ in a hot Second. If Gordon keeps his nose clean he could easily be a top Ten WR on that team, although Edelman does come back in 2 weeks.

Well, the Browns got a 5th rounder for a guy they simply couldn't get any production out of since his suspensions. Not bad.

I guess it goes both ways.... It's a no-brainer from the Pats side of the trade... Conditional 5th round? Yes please

I think this is good for the Pats offense but Gordon will be unreliable.

The tape showed that he wasn't separating against Pitt last week. He isn't going to be the type to learn the system quick.

They will scheme a few plays for him and he will cause safeties to respect him deep.

I think this is good for the Pats offense but Gordon will be unreliable.

The tape showed that he wasn't separating against Pitt last week. He isn't going to be the type to learn the system quick.

They will scheme a few plays for him and he will cause safeties to respect him deep.

Opening up all the underneath stuff for Gronk and co.

This is going to to go one of two ways. Gordon will be all in, walk the straight and narrow and buy into the Patriot way and "doing his job" while putting up an outstanding rest of the season. He won't quite be Moss record breaking level but an every week WR1.

Or he's going to struggle with structure, not grasp the Patriots playbook, not earn Brady's trust and end up the same way Chad Ochocinco did as a Patriot.

Either way, we're in for quite the ride.

• Like 1

This is a conspiracy. Why do I have the distinct feeling that Bill Belicheat took Josh out for a couple of drinks on Saturday morning before he went into the Browns facility. Got him a little liquored up and whispered "You should rest that hammy Josh...call you Monday!".

fockin' cheatin' ass Patriots.

• Like 1

LOL. The Browns threw three balls to him this year. If the thought is that they just couldn't get anything out of him--1 TD catch on three passes isn't bad. Maybe they'll get more production out of something they actually, I dunno, throw the ball to?

Now to think what bid for him as he was just released. Would need to release Lindsay, A Jones or S Michel.

Actually, screw it not worth it.

Could it be that the day has finally arrived for long-suffering Gordon owners??

I do not see a Moss thing happening. Moss was a much better football player mentally-speaking. I DO think therell be a positive impact on the Pats offense if they can make him ready enough to put him on the field for at least half the snaps.

Wonder what Jersey # Gordon's getting? There's only one #12 in New England!

I don't understand why more teams weren't trying to get him. He costs nothing to get him. You don't have to pay him much. If he doesn't work out cut him. Even if he is just average or used as a decoy, defenses will have to pay close attention to him, unlike say Laquon Treadwell who you know will just drop passes.

Is it safe to assume that the Pats drug tested him and he passed? They wouldn't trade a pick for a repeat offender like Gordon without a drug test first... right?

I've seen rumors that he showed up to the Brown's facility completely blazed and there is also the report of their doctor suspecting a relapse. That all sounded like BS to me.

well, I heard it was that he injured his hamstring at a photo shoot and then lied about it to the team (or something of the sort).

given other issues, the question would be what else is he gonna lie to them about?

it seems petty to me, but I guess if dealing with that many issues you get to a point where if a guy is constantly late to meetings and doing stupid things, at what point is he setting a bad example for all the young talent on this team?

I have mixed feelings about this move because I think hes done well just getting his life together to a point where he has been able to return to the NFL. so a part of me wants him to succeed.....

either way, I think New England will give him a fair shake. the risk is very minimal compared to what the possible return is. I'm surprised more teams didnt get involved in the bidding and that the price wasnt a bit higher.

I've held onto this pos forever in a Dynasty league... Same league I own Brady in, hoping it pans out. :unsure:

The guy is one of the best receivers in football, when he is on. :thumbsup:

correction.. he was one of the best receivers when he was OFF pot. I honestly think the guy is a headcase and will not spend much time on the roster.. but as a Brady owner i am slightly titillated

He was drated in 2012. He has had 1 good year which was in 2013 and that was because he had 159 targets that year.

I wouldn't call that being one of the best receivers in football.

• Like 2

He was drated in 2012. He has had 1 good year which was in 2013 and that was because he had 159 targets that year.

I wouldn't call that being one of the best receivers in football.

when you consider the quality of the QB throwing him the ball, its pretty impressive.

with a QB who throws the ball on target I have to think the potential here is worth taking the risk on.

Lets talk fantasy shop. Can he be started this week? Will he even be active.

No way. Will take weeks to get up to speed in that offense and there’s no telling what role he has. I’d say he’s a watch and hold for two weeks minimum.

Gordon will be lucky if he catches 20 more passes in his career, let alone this season. My not-so-bold-prediction: cut by the Pats in 2-3 weeks tops.

Lotta naysayers up in here. Well, I guess he's earned that. Personally, as a two-share owner, I am elated at the news. Couldn't have found a better landing spot imo. Anything can happen from here...

• Like 1

it's a bit scary. he's about to play with a QB who is better than every other QB he's caught passes from...COMBINED! If the Pats get even 80% of the Josh Gordon of 3 yrs ago it's a freakin STEAL on their part.

Gronk, Edelman, Hogan, Burkhead and Gordon...that's a pretty stout lineup, even if it is 80% of a "white out". :shocking:

If the Pats get even 80% of the Josh Gordon of 3 yrs ago it's a freakin STEAL on their part.

If the Pat's get 80% of what Gordon produced three years ago, they would get zero from him. You want to go back 4 years and calculate what they would get? Go ahead, do the calculations on that one. I would love to hear those numbers.

If the Pat's get 80% of what Gordon produced three years ago, they would get zero from him. You want to go back 4 years and calculate what they would get? Go ahead, do the calculations on that one. I would love to hear those numbers.

Sorry, meant the season he played 12 games and completely dominated the WR position in the process. Thanks for the correction, try not to be such a d!ck about in the future. :cheers:

Sorry, meant the season he played 12 games and completely dominated the WR position in the process. Thanks for the correction, try not to be such a d!ck about in the future. :cheers:

:) I get your point for sure. It's just been so long and only once that this dude did anything. I don't hate the Pat's, hope he works out for them.