Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

FYI on DieNasty Bucks

Free agency in dynasty leagues? I've always viewed that as something that should end on a specified date and shouldnt open until the draft is over. Why reward those with too much time on their hands to hawk every free agent with a positive news story?

Romosexuals acquired Whittaker, Fozzy CAR RB

Romosexuals acquired Abbrederis, Jared DET WR

Romosexuals acquired Archer, Dri BUF RB

WTF is this?

You Do Not Have Add/Drop Rights Because The League Commissioner Has Revoked Them.

I was testing the settings I was applying, trying to figure out the new MFL WW features. I've reversed those transactions. :mad:

ETA: Fozzy Whitaker was already on my team. I dropped him when I picked up Dre Archer (who has since been dropped) whilst testing.

Free agency in dynasty leagues? I've always viewed that as something that should end on a specified date and shouldnt open until the draft is over. Why reward those with too much time on their hands to hawk every free agent with a positive news story?

:thumbsup:

We can have a bidding period each week with no free agency. It doesn't have to be open season. So why not open bidding up earlier?

We can have a bidding period each week with no free agency. It doesn't have to be open season. So why not open bidding up earlier?

im as seasoned an FF player as they come but even that doesn't really appeal to me. I would never run a dynasty like that but then again i just left that weirdo dynasty with contracts (which defeats the concept of dynasty imo and simply caters to trade-aholics anonymous). If the majority wanted that, i'd go along but just seems like added stuff for people with nothing else to do :dunno:

im as seasoned an FF player as they come but even that doesn't really appeal to me. I would never run a dynasty like that but then again i just left that weirdo dynasty with contracts (which defeats the concept of dynasty imo and simply caters to trade-aholics anonymous). If the majority wanted that, i'd go along but just seems like added stuff for people with nothing else to do :dunno:

Opening some type of free agent period before the season starts is just something to bide the time? I don't get the point of waiting until after the season starts. I guess I don't need to see the 1st week to know which free agents I want on my team. Especially if something happens to my roster, like Vineteri tears an acl before the season starts or all my tight ends worth a damn get hurt, I have no way of getting a replacement in. Or both qbs get hurt.

Opening some type of free agent period before the season starts is just something to bide the time? I don't get the point of waiting until after the season starts. I guess I don't need to see the 1st week to know which free agents I want on my team. Especially if something happens to my roster, like Vineteri tears an acl before the season starts or all my tight ends worth a damn get hurt, I have no way of getting a replacement in. Or both qbs get hurt.

i dont think i suggested waiting until the season started. I was saying after our leagues draft.

to be fair I dont remember how close to week 1 this league drafts but generally speaking I like a nice early August draft with a decent 2-3 weeks of free agency being open.

I don't think this league includes veterans in the draft? In which case an earlier rookie draft makes sense.

I guess my thing is, a lot of league include veterans in their drafts either along with rookies or separate in which case why allow some owners who didn't have the foresight to add free agents before the deadline to poach from the draft pool?

i dont think i suggested waiting until the season started. I was saying after our leagues draft.

to be fair I dont remember how close to week 1 this league drafts but generally speaking I like a nice early August draft with a decent 2-3 weeks of free agency being open.

I don't think this league includes veterans in the draft? In which case an earlier rookie draft makes sense.

I guess my thing is, a lot of league include veterans in their drafts either along with rookies or separate in which case why allow some owners who didn't have the foresight to add free agents before the deadline to poach from the draft pool?

I am find waiting until after the draft. Just don't like that we have to wait until after the 1st week has been played to add any free agents. Plus things can happen between the draft and the start of the season. I think 1 week before the season starts bidding should open.

Oh I definitely agree free agency should open before the season. I thought it did in this league but last year was my first as well so I don't really recall.

I am not so ridiculous as to want free agency all offseason. But I really liked having that one week of pickups after the preseason and before week 1.

It gave us an opportunity to grab someone if we'd been paying attention to training camp and preseason games. I got Antonio Brown that way back when he was a youngster. And I'm sure others have similar, albeit less impressive pickups before week 1 of a season.

And if someone has 2 old kickers that get cut or something, they can get themselves a week 1 full lineup in place.And other reasons.

Couple things here.....

The rookie draft does include veterans....you can draft any NFL player available....it should just be called the draft instead of rookie draft.

as for opening FA before the season starts, we did that last year and had the Rob Kelley fiasco. Of course, with the increase of the Die Nasty Bucks, bidding the same amount on a player is slim.....but as long as a known tiebreaker is in place, I am okay with opening the FA season early......even as early as the start of the Draft. We are all focused on football by the time our draft starts, so I see no reason why it couldn't be started then.

Couple things here.....

The rookie draft does include veterans....you can draft any NFL player available....it should just be called the draft instead of rookie draft..

Just me reason why free agency should not be open right now

Just me reason why free agency should not be open right now

because some of us don't have time to pay attention to important sht

because some of us don't have time to pay attention to important sht

I meant just MORE reason. Not ME.

Sorry my speech to text sucks.

I would never want free agency open until the draft was over

Ok... If I set this up correctly....

Nobody should be able to add FA right now. You should be able to drop though. (I've verified this is working correctly myself)

Immediately following the FA/Rookie draft there will be a single WW period, that will process Wed Sep 6 (the day before the first game of the year).

After that, there will be the normal WW every Wednesday, followed by daily WW for all "dropped players" from the prior WW run.

All other unclaimed players will be FCFS and lock when their individual games start.

Fumble or anyone else who already has a league set-up. If you could cross-check out calendar against your league that would be most excellent!