Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Le’Veon Bell - The hold out continues!

Ah, reading tanatastic's post, i have to make a clarification. I was assuming she'd be offering Collins or Miller in exchange for a high WR2 or low WR1 that i might be holding that she was particularly interested in. As i'm in a keeper league the price would be very steep for Bell. If things turned out so that he would be rolling into 2019 as Garoppolo's PPR RB, I'd be pumped to the moon and would gladly accept my 2018 keeper decision as a sunk cost. I've suffered through Bell suspensions and season long injuries in the past and have still managed to do quite well.

I'd be offering Miller or Collins to the Bell owner in redraft. I have Conner so either way I'm covered. I have him by the short hairs a little. He gambles and holds Bell and gets nothing and uses WW fodder to get by, I still play Conner. Miller's on my bench right now.

I'd be offering Miller or Collins to the Bell owner in redraft. I have Conner so either way I'm covered. I have him by the short hairs a little. He gambles and holds Bell and gets nothing and uses WW fodder to get by, I still play Conner. Miller's on my bench right now.

Why bother. Never gonna happen.

• Like 1

If it was redraft and I'm the Bell holder and am thin at RB and you were offering me Collins in exchange for Bell himself, I'd take that in a heartbeat. I'd be delighted to be salvaging something decent from the situation and to be rid of the uncertainty. (But if it was me, i wouldn't have left myself thin at RB in the first place. So the manager you're targeting may be of a totally different mindset.)

[Edit: If Miller was the offered RB, i might pass. I believe in Collins' prospects more highly.]

I've been offered Burkhead and Golden Tate for Bell and I turned it down. That's an easy call (beside the issue of Burkhead's health) since it's a keeper league and there's the chance Bell re-surfaces somewhere else in 2019.

If it was redraft and I'm the Bell holder and am thin at RB and you were offering me Collins in exchange for Bell himself, I'd take that in a heartbeat. I'd be delighted to be salvaging something decent from the situation and to be rid of the uncertainty. (But if it was me, i wouldn't have left myself thin at RB in the first place. So the manager you're targeting may be of a totally different mindset.)

[Edit: If Miller was the offered RB, i might pass. I believe in Collins' prospects more highly.]

I've been offered Burkhead and Golden Tate for Bell and I turned it down. That's an easy call (beside the issue of Burkhead's health) since it's a keeper league and there's the chance Bell re-surfaces somewhere else in 2019.

Too early for that ever to happen. Im in that situation. He could show up tomorrow. Im stuck with him. Any trade is silly. Ill ride it out until the end. If he doesnt show Im just gonna have to make smart plays all year.

I give Bell a lot of credit for holding out for what he believe in. People in society often succumb to pressure.

Here's hoping Steeler go 2-8 during the 10 game holdout. :thumbsup:

This would focking rule. What record leads to them folding like a garage sale poker table and giving him whatever he wants?

Everyone getting bunched ginchies over the shortcomings of a capitalist society's entertainment industry and defending the 1%, you guys should try seeing the forest for the trees. Fock the steelers, and fock bell since I don't own him.

If I were a Bell owner it would be hard to accept any trade at this time... as you would almost be guaranteed a playoff monster when he returns... my team would have to be in danger of missing the playoffs for me to consider anything really

• Like 1

If I were a Bell owner it would be hard to accept any trade at this time... as you would almost be guaranteed a playoff monster when he returns... my team would have to be in danger of missing the playoffs for me to consider anything really

This makes a lot of sense. Last year I lost David Johnson in week 1 and went on to the championship game before my team pooped the bed. Had my worst game all year, but so be it.

And you know that Bell will come back for at least you last few games. And he will be trying to play out of his mind some new contract he is envisioning.

3 hours to go? 4pm EST is it?

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers' "guess" is that holdout franchise player Le'Veon Bell reports on Saturday.
That would be similar to what Aaron Donald did a year ago. It would allow Bell to collect his Week 1 check without suiting up for the opener. In Bell's mind, he would still be getting paid but saving a game of wear and tear as he heads to free agency. Either way, it appears there's a zero percent chance Bell is active against the Browns, leaving James Conner for fill-in bell-cow duties.

This makes a lot of sense. Last year I lost David Johnson in week 1 and went on to the championship game before my team pooped the bed. Had my worst game all year, but so be it.

And you know that Bell will come back for at least you last few games. And he will be trying to play out of his mind some new contract he is envisioning.

3 hours to go? 4pm EST is it?

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers' "guess" is that holdout franchise player Le'Veon Bell reports on Saturday.
That would be similar to what Aaron Donald did a year ago. It would allow Bell to collect his Week 1 check without suiting up for the opener. In Bell's mind, he would still be getting paid but saving a game of wear and tear as he heads to free agency. Either way, it appears there's a zero percent chance Bell is active against the Browns, leaving James Conner for fill-in bell-cow duties.

The only reason for him to report is to bank the check...which would be counter intuitive for a guy has maintained this isn't "about the money". :rolleyes:

Hey Le'Veon: If you want to prove that this is about resetting the RB market and not about lining your pockets, the grow a pair and sit it out until week 10. Take the hit to your wallet to prove how strongly you believe in what you are saying and freaking just stay home. I'd love to see the Steelers put you on roster exemption for 2 weeks after you sign and not have to pay you, then tender your ass again next year at 144% of the 4 games you played in this year AND watch Conner run for days all season. FULB

The only reason for him to report is to bank the check...which would be counter intuitive for a guy has maintained this isn't "about the money". :rolleyes:

Hey Le'Veon: If you want to prove that this is about resetting the RB market and not about lining your pockets, the grow a pair and sit it out until week 10. Take the hit to your wallet to prove how strongly you believe in what you are saying and freaking just stay home. I'd love to see the Steelers put you on roster exemption for 2 weeks after you sign and not have to pay you, then tender your ass again next year at 144% of the 4 games you played in this year AND watch Conner run for days all season. FULB

I'm with you if he actually said it's not about the money. If it's not, why don't these guys just live by the rules now, then show up in armor at the players association meetings? Seriously confusing. I hope he fires his agent. That dude is creepy.

35 min before the deadline.....will he show up?

35 min before the deadline.....will he show up?

Doubtful. Which would be nuts because they wont play him this week. So hes just burning a million bucks.

Ian Rappaport just tweeted that the buses are on their way to Cleveland and he's told that Lev Bell is not on those buses. Also mentioned he's forfeitting his get check which we all knew.

Ian Rappaport just tweeted that the buses are on their way to Cleveland and he's told that Lev Bell is not on those buses. Also mentioned he's forfeitting his get check which we all knew.

Great news. Love it.

Something to note--Bell was a close friend of rapper Mac Miller who died of an overdose yesterday. Bell has been tweeting about his friend today, so it sounds like his head isn't on football one way or another

Kinda reminds of Dallas and Emmit Smith 20+ years ago. He sat out the first 2 games, Cowboys rungame sucked, they signed him right away

I just had a good laugh when I thought about how so many people were proclaiming how much safer Bell was than Johnson. Wait, did I just jinx Johnson into a torn or broken something???? Shlt.

I hope Cleveland beats Pittsburgh so bad. So happy to have no shares in Bell. They screwed him though.

Boom!

Per - Adam Schefter

The 4 p.m. deadline today will come and go without Steelers' RB Le'Veon Bell reporting, per sources. Steelers are on their way to Cleveland and Bell is not with them. He will miss Sunday's game against Cleveland, along with the opportunity to earn $853,000. James Conner time.

Although I am one that does not listen to him, if this becomes fact in 10min.....makes me right!

💥💥💥💥Conner train is leavin the station!

Hey Mike, any thoughts on pinning this?

Boom!

Per - Adam Schefter

The 4 p.m. deadline today will come and go without Steelers' RB Le'Veon Bell reporting, per sources. Steelers are on their way to Cleveland and Bell is not with them. He will miss Sunday's game against Cleveland, along with the opportunity to earn $853,000. James Conner time.

Although I am one that does not listen to him, if this becomes fact in 10min.....makes me right!

Conner train is leavin the station!

Until the train hits a big ass speed bump called mother nature tomorrow

Until the train hits a big ass speed bump called mother nature tomorrow

Actually weather is OK for the rb. I would consider wr and qbs to not do as well.

As a football fan I hope he reports. As a fantasy player and Samuels owner, I hope he stays home.

Just my thoughts here. I think that this will be more of a committee than people think. Connor will get most of the carries for sure. By if something happens to him, I don't expect much from Samuels because they'll use Ridley more.

Well, I guess it looks like it's final? No Bell in week one could turn into a trade by Pitt, or a long ass holdout for Bell. Probably the latter?

What do agents make 3% on average? Nearly $450,000 this year for Bell's salary if he plays the year out? Now Bell's agent will settle for a quarter of that and hope for the homerun in the offseason, where he could be set to make double or triple that. I see what he is trying to do with his greedy little life. Where as Bell himself is gambling away around $10 million or whatever in hopes to get a bigger payday overall.

Sounds like Bell is being used.

Hes gonna be 27. And already has a ton of mileage. Hes not getting a huge payday and just burned a million bucks cuz his feelings are hurt.

Just my thoughts here. I think that this will be more of a committee than people think. Connor will get most of the carries for sure. By if something happens to him, I don't expect much from Samuels because they'll use Ridley more.

I like Samuels in a PPR. All day long....

Huh. I wonder if 'in for a penny, in for a pound' thinking will apply here--will it be easier for Bell to keep sitting out now that the dam has burst, so to speak. Forfeit that first check for your principles, it may become easier to make the same decision in following weeks.

Huh. I wonder if 'in for a penny, in for a pound' thinking will apply here--will it be easier for Bell to keep sitting out now that the dam has burst, so to speak. Forfeit that first check for your principles, it may become easier to make the same decision in following weeks.

I'm just making stuff up now, but couldn't you imagine next week the Steelers just say "no harm no foul" and offer the same $14.5 million if he just gets back to work early in the week?

I'm just making stuff up now, but couldn't you imagine next week the Steelers just say "no harm no foul" and offer the same $14.5 million if he just gets back to work early in the week?

Probably depends on how the other RBs play. If they look good who knows. If they look awful....

Why bother. Never gonna happen.

The trade was rejected. I'm thinking that if the holdout lasts until week 10 the Bell owner wishes he'd have taken my offer. He'll get neither Miller or Collins now

The trade was rejected. I'm thinking that if the holdout lasts until week 10 the Bell owner wishes he'd have taken my offer. He'll get neither Miller or Collins now

Theres no insensitive for the Bell owner to make that trade. Doesn't matter if he takes the trade or Bell sits, he's screwed either way. The only scenario that makes a dramatic difference is if Bell comes back.

Theres no insensitive for the Bell owner to make that trade. Doesn't matter if he takes the trade or Bell sits, he's screwed either way. The only scenario that makes a dramatic difference is if Bell comes back.

Having a three down back all season versus the potential of no Bell until week 11? That is incentive right there. Now there's no incentive for me to make the trade--I'd rather have Collins and Miller since it is looking more and more likely Bell sits the first ten weeks.

Having a three down back all season versus the potential of no Bell until week 11? That is incentive right there. Now there's no incentive for me to make the trade--I'd rather have Collins and Miller since it is looking more and more likely Bell sits the first ten weeks.

What guarenees those two are three down backs all year? Both have their own question marks.

Nobody has any idea how long hes gonna hold out. That why none of this works.

The more I think about the terrible weather in Cleveland, he probably will report next week. Who would want to go to Cleveland willingly? Let alone in torrential weather when he already wasnt going to be part of the gameplan.

. Who would want to go to Cleveland willingly?

just some guy named Lebron...