Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Deshaun Watson Value... 6 pts passing TD'S

I don't have him, but if I did, I wouldn't trade him for any other player in the league right now. He's single-focking-handedly destroying other fantasy teams on a weekly basis. Who else is doing that?

I agree there's no doubt regression coming... probably a bunch. But he makes plays and looks pretty good doing it.

I agree there's no doubt regression coming... probably a bunch. But he makes plays and looks pretty good doing it.

I know, that's why the smiley face above :) I'm starting Smith in one league and feeling good about it, and I've got Rodgers in another. So I didn't pick up Watson. But if he regresses down to where Alex Smith is playing right now, that's a great starting QB to have. I'd be starting him right now over a lot of guys...top 5 QB right now, maybe.

I know, that's why the smiley face above :) I'm starting Smith in one league and feeling good about it, and I've got Rodgers in another. So I didn't pick up Watson. But if he regresses down to where Alex Smith is playing right now, that's a great starting QB to have. I'd be starting him right now over a lot of guys...top 5 QB right now, maybe.

90% of the time this is a situation where I'd trade him and make a killing... but I waited to draft a QB and went with Palmer so I've been streaming since week 1 basically. I'm ashamed to say that included 2 weeks of Jay Cutler :(

Plus I'd hate to see him continue to dominate on somebody else's team. It's the year of the Rookies apparently.

90% of the time this is a situation where I'd trade him and make a killing... but I waited to draft a QB and went with Palmer so I've been streaming since week 1 basically. I'm ashamed to say that included 2 weeks of Jay Cutler :(

Plus I'd hate to see him continue to dominate on somebody else's team. It's the year of the Rookies apparently.

Yeah, totally keep running him out there. Palmer is awful this year. And it's not like the Texans are some amazing team where just anyone could come in and do great. Tom Savage as proof. So he's doing really well in what could be a really bad offense with another QB.

To expand: perfect situation developing for Watson. Good to great WR's, 2 good backs, offensive line that's improving...and a defense that's falling off a cliff right now. To win, the Texans may have to score 35 a game and Watson is the driving factor in a lot of it. His emergence has even sparked Lamar Miller to look passable again. Division is soft, schedule isn't all that hard. Of course some regression is coming, but is that 2TD's a game going forward? At this point, 75% of his best games would still be better than most QB's.

• Like 1

To expand: perfect situation developing for Watson. Good to great WR's, 2 good backs, offensive line that's improving...and a defense that's falling off a cliff right now. To win, the Texans may have to score 35 a game and Watson is the driving factor in a lot of it. His emergence has even sparked Lamar Miller to look passable again. Division is soft, schedule isn't all that hard. Of course some regression is coming, but is that 2TD's a game going forward? At this point, 75% of his best games would still be better than most QB's.

My thoughts exactly

In dynasty I traded away my backup qb (Dalton) and some late 1st round rookie picks to move up to #6 and got Kareem Hunt. Then drafted Deshaun in the second round (took him over Trubisky).... that worked out well. Was a risk because my starter is Brady and obv he is a huge dynasty risk year to year.

Would you start Deshaun this week over Brady? They are #4,5 highest scorers in the league. Brady is a little hurt, Watson has just been crushing it.