Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Playoffs: I “hate” my team

I am limping into the playoffs, but I really dont like my team and it Eriks me thinking I dont have a very good chance to win, let alone compete. I have zero studs, save my KICKER, who I can count on and most of the time I insert someone because they have a good match up, yet they still play like dog pooh. Losing David Johnson, Zeke Elliott, and Desean Watson is the main reason I have no stars, but that is no excuse because football is a violent sport.

Sorry to vent.....I just hate having to go against guys who own Bell, Brown, or Gronk in the playoffs. Sigh! Anyone else feel the same? How do you deal with that frustration?

/end of pity party

You will probably lose. After that, you should definitely learn about risk assessment. After that, you can only hope for the best for the the head, shoulders, knees, and even toes of your players. Even if you survive that, theres the random great/not great games from time to time. Its what you sign up for.

Also, talk your league out of head to head and push them into 50/50. It makes things make a lot more sense and still allows for lots of weekly drama. This is the key: the drama goes toward the people in the middle for that week. It kills the whole lose with the 2nd most points thing. It also ruins the winning with the 2nd to the last most points thing. Aka it is good times unless you love injustice and random wins.

I focus on things above.

Good luck this weekend.

1 Timothy 2:4-9.

Tell me about it. Me and 4 other teams were 9-4 and I was the 1 seed. I lost and they all won. I dropped to the 5th seed and my team feels weak compared to my opponents.

I'm going against Ben, Bell, Kamara, and Gronkowski all on the same team...From a 1 seed bye, to the toughest match up in a PPR league.

Tell me about it. Me and 4 other teams were 9-4 and I was the 1 seed. I lost and they all won. I dropped to the 5th seed and my team feels weak compared to my opponents.

I'm going against Ben, Bell, Kamara, and Gronkowski all on the same team...From a 1 seed bye, to the toughest match up in a PPR league.

Wow, you and I are kindred spirits here. Like you, I was number one seed with 3 other teams tied with me. After Sunday’s loss, I was lucky to be number four grateful the number five guy lost by 0.60 or else I was eliminated.

• Like 1

I focus on things above.

Good luck this weekend.

1 Timothy 2:4-9.

Hey paws.

You would have really encouraged me in the Lord had you quoted this verse from the Bible after reading my OP.....

“JESUS WEPT!”

I'm just glad I made it in and I take it as a new mini season where anything can happen

David can beat Goliath any given week

I have seen enough playoff fantasy football to know that no team is unbeatable and no team is incapable of winning

I'm just glad I made it in and I take it as a new mini season where anything can happen

I have seen enough playoff fantasy football to know that no team is unbeatable and no team is incapable of winning

I will try to remember that if I see my opponent has BELL going against Buffalo or BROWN going against TBay.

I think I was looking ok when I still had Wentz.

Now I'm faced with the prospect of starting Foles, Winston, or picking up Bortles off the WW???

I'm at a real loss deciding what to do here. Winston has burned me almost every time I've put him in this year. I absolutely cannot afford a garbage time performance from my QB, I need about 30 points, so a respectable outing.

The guy I'm playing has Stafford, or possibly Rodgers, Brown, AJ Green, Shady, Hopkins.

I think he's going to kill me unless my RB go off for monster games.

I agree. Particularly as the playoffs progress--you're now dealing with only the good teams, so the teams that couldn't score high enough regularly are out of the picture. But because FF is highly variable (and the smaller the rosters, the more variance), any 'good' team can have a stinker of a week. The actual odds are probably incalculable, but it certainly feels like it's anyone's tourney, right?

I think I was looking ok when I still had Wentz.

Now I'm faced with the prospect of starting Foles, Winston, or picking up Bortles off the WW???

I'm at a real loss deciding what to do here. Winston has burned me almost every time I've put him in this year. I absolutely cannot afford a garbage time performance from my QB, I need about 30 points, so a respectable outing.

The guy I'm playing has Stafford, or possibly Rodgers, Brown, AJ Green, Shady, Hopkins.

I think he's going to kill me unless my RB go off for monster games.

I must be in the only 10 man league where Bortles is not available because if he were, I’d pick him up tomreplace my Alex. Instead, I have to go Foles or Jimmy G.

I agree. Particularly as the playoffs progress--you're now dealing with only the good teams, so the teams that couldn't score high enough regularly are out of the picture. But because FF is highly variable (and the smaller the rosters, the more variance), any 'good' team can have a stinker of a week. The actual odds are probably incalculable, but it certainly feels like it's anyone's tourney, right?

I agree to a certain extent. Last year I was number four and beat top dog in the semis and went on to win it all.

BUT I beat top dog even though I didn’t have a stud while top dog had two studs, both whom had very tough match ups.....Rodgers and Brown. So, I believe you have to have “luck” like that in order for David to beat Goliath. In that case, both studs had “normal players” results which then made our competition a toss up, which I happened to prevail.

I believe you need that “luck”because if you have Bell running against Buffalo or Brown going against TBay.....you may be down 30 after just one player. Chances are, you won’t have any players getting even close to 30so then you need practically all your players to show up in hopes you can peck away from that deficit. Winning this way is very very difficult....when a guy goes off.

i never liked my team in one league. But the last few weeks with Rivers/Keenan Allen and Bell, plus the addition of Jamaal Williams had made it pretty stout. That being said, I am actually glad to be playing the #1 team this week who finished 12-1 and was the highest scorer instead of the #3 team. #3 Seed has Ben + Antonio Brown + Gronk. That could easily end up being 90-120 pts among those players. My team is pretty good and peaking at the right time, but I don't think anybody will beat that firepower this week. That Steelers/Patriots game may be 100 points combined the way the offenses are playing and the way the defenses aren't playing.

That Steelers/Patriots game may be 100 points combined the way the offenses are playing and the way the defenses aren't playing.

While I don't "hate my team", I'm certainly not enamored lately with my WR Brandin Cooks. But with the way this game is shaping up to be a shootout, I may have to groan and start him. It'll be all hands on deck, with Smith-Schuster too and, of course, Bell.

i never liked my team in one league. But the last few weeks with Rivers/Keenan Allen and Bell, plus the addition of Jamaal Williams had made it pretty stout. That being said, I am actually glad to be playing the #1 team this week who finished 12-1 and was the highest scorer instead of the #3 team. #3 Seed has Ben + Antonio Brown + Gronk. That could easily end up being 90-120 pts among those players. My team is pretty good and peaking at the right time, but I don't think anybody will beat that firepower this week. That Steelers/Patriots game may be 100 points combined the way the offenses are playing and the way the defenses aren't playing.

You have Rivers, Allen and Bell.......wow! My big three are Jimmy G, Funchess, and Drake.