Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

2017 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

I would take team b

if team b is rebuilding its a good get.

I've been mulling over the following offer:

Antonio Brown for Gurley and Tyrelle Pryor. My team has zeke/ingram/gurley at rb (no one else) and Sanders, AR15, Pryor, Garcon, Crabtree & Inman at wr.

AB is the top wr in the game, but its 1/2 point ppr and the upgrade to my wr corps would cost me all my depth at rb.

thoughts?

Antonio Brown for Gurley and Tyrelle Pryor. My team has zeke/ingram/gurley at rb (no one else) and Sanders, AR15, Pryor, Garcon, Crabtree & Inman at wr.

AB is the top wr in the game, but its 1/2 point ppr and the upgrade to my wr corps would cost me all my depth at rb.

thoughts?

Consider this: We've all seen AB's production plummet dramatically when he didn't have Ben throwing to him. Ben is getting a bit cricketty* these days, and may not be there for 16 games this season. On the other hand, Pryor has flourished with non-entities throwing him the ball - and even, at times, appeared to be the entire offense.

Losing your most dynamic player in an aging WR corps (in addition to precious back-up at RB) in exchange for another dynamic wide receiver does not seem like an 'upgrade' to me. : )

*EDIT: Ha, true story - I was trying to figure out how to spell 'cricketty' in the original post, before leaving it as it was. It was bugging me enough to look it up later, though - whereupon I discovered that no such word exists. (No wonder I didn't know the proper spelling) Now I figure that somehow my mind combined 'creaky' and 'rickety' into one word, as that was the image I had in my head. So yeah...FAKE WORDS! B)

The sentiment remains the same, however. : )

• Like 1

20 team league. Rookie draft has rookies and veterans

Traded: Wendell Smallwood and 2.05

Received: John Brown and 4.03

Consider this: We've all seen AB's production plummet dramatically when he didn't have Ben throwing to him. Ben is getting a bit cricketty* these days, and may not be there for 16 games this season. On the other hand, Pryor has flourished with non-entities throwing him the ball - and even, at times, appeared to be the entire offense.

Losing your most dynamic player in an aging WR corps (in addition to precious back-up at RB) in exchange for another dynamic wide receiver does not seem like an 'upgrade' to me. : )

*EDIT: Ha, true story - I was trying to figure out how to spell 'cricketty' in the original post, before leaving it as it was. It was bugging me enough to look it up later, though - whereupon I discovered that no such word exists. (No wonder I didn't know the proper spelling) Now I figure that somehow my mind combined 'creaky' and 'rickety' into one word, as that was the image I had in my head. So yeah...FAKE WORDS! B)

The word may no longer exist but it was common parlance on the basketball courts in the mid-80s.

"Hit me so I can backdoor smoke that dude. He be crickety up in my face all night with his jive as$ smack talk."

You just confused the context.

It meant chirping, lively/loud talking..........not old/breaking down

• Like 1

Oh I know. Old ass Antonio sucks now. His 1 year age difference from Pryor is monumental. Pryors points in the playoffs were 1.3, 5.9, 6.6. Wow he overcame bad qb play like it didn't exist.

Oh I know. Old ass Antonio sucks now. His 1 year age difference from Pryor is monumental. Pryors points in the playoffs were 1.3, 5.9, 6.6. Wow he overcame bad qb play like it didn't exist.

That is not at all what I was implying.

I was pointing out that there's a decent chance that their quarterback situations might flip this season - which could serve to equalize their positions more.

That is not at all what I was implying.

I was pointing out that there's a decent chance that their quarterback situations might flip this season - which could serve to equalize their positions more.

Sucks is a strong word. I think a lot of people see him as a Tier two receiver or so. I still think he has a lot of great years left but that's probably in the minority.

Surly the Steelers agree.

I was offered Hopkins and Keenan Allen for my Brown and Cooks.

I would stay put.

I would stay put.

Agreed............that is one that sorta sounds close at first, then upon further analysis its not really very close at all whether you are a contender or a rebuild.

AB-Cooks side is better in every circumstance IMO.

Agreed............that is one that sorta sounds close at first, then upon further analysis its not really very close at all whether you are a contender or a rebuild.

AB-Cooks side is better in every circumstance IMO.

It was the best offer I have gotten for Brown so far. I probably end up holding him I guess.

I gave Leveon Bell (had to trade him because his contract was up)

I got Jordan Howard and 1.10

There wasn't as much interest for Bell as I thought there would be for a guy capable of 400 points in ppr. As much as I like Howard, Bell can score 400 points in a season. Howard cant. Still it's a loaded class so I like the extra 1st rounder. The only other viable rb I wanted in exchange for Bell was Gurley, but that wouldn't have come with an extra 1st.

What do you guys think would be a fair offer for Isaiah Crowell in terms of draft picks?

3 rounds, 12 teams.

Really tough question to answer without knowing scoring or the teams involved. My team that is loaded up with running back talent, I wouldn't trade anything for Crowell because I am at roster limits and he would make an impossible decision for me.

In another dynasty I am very weak at rb. Even though I am approaching my roster limit, I may be able to find space for him. I would probably start with a 3rd round pick offer. That probably doesn't get the deal done for the owner, so then if he wants a 2nd I am waiting until our rookie draft to see how it pans out. Even then I am probably not giving a 2nd since I doubt he is the Browns long term solution at rb. I think he is a nice back that has some limitations to his upside. With the influx of rb talent I think his value diminishes more. He is probably more valuable to a contender looking for depth.

Really tough question to answer without knowing scoring or the teams involved. My team that is loaded up with running back talent, I wouldn't trade anything for Crowell because I am at roster limits and he would make an impossible decision for me.

In another dynasty I am very weak at rb. Even though I am approaching my roster limit, I may be able to find space for him. I would probably start with a 3rd round pick offer. That probably doesn't get the deal done for the owner, so then if he wants a 2nd I am waiting until our rookie draft to see how it pans out. Even then I am probably not giving a 2nd since I doubt he is the Browns long term solution at rb. I think he is a nice back that has some limitations to his upside. With the influx of rb talent I think his value diminishes more. He is probably more valuable to a contender looking for depth.

Thanks. Have you actually watched the kid? He's a FA next year. Can he put up a decent year again, and then the Browns, mainly Hue Jackson likes what they have and sign him to be their guy. Or even he moves on to a better situation.

I haven't watched a Browns game in years. I really don't know if the guy is any good?

Thanks. Have you actually watched the kid? He's a FA next year. Can he put up a decent year again, and then the Browns, mainly Hue Jackson likes what they have and sign him to be their guy. Or even he moves on to a better situation.

I haven't watched a Browns game in years. I really don't know if the guy is any good?

He is a solid overall back with plus power. I think if a team sticks with him as a feature back and it's a good system around him, he could be a top 12ish guy. Idk that any team will feature him. I think his name does carry enough value that some GM will want to make him their Chris Ivory type back, which Ivory did have some good opportunities to be the main carry guy. I have a feeling the Browns want to go younger at running back and are willing to let Crowell walk to save money at that position.

Non - PPR, 26 roster spot dynasty

I just traded:

picks 1.10, 2.8, 2.9

Allen Robinson

Tevin Coleman

And I received:

AJ Green

Jeremry Hill

2018 1st rounder

Non - PPR, 26 roster spot dynasty

I just traded:

picks 1.10, 2.8, 2.9

Allen Robinson

Tevin Coleman

And I received:

AJ Green

Jeremry Hill

2018 1st rounder

I think you gave up too much. Green has been a little injury bitten the past few years. He is older than Robinson too. I also don't like Hill at all, but that's just my personal bias.

The word may no longer exist but it was common parlance on the basketball courts in the mid-80s.

"Hit me so I can backdoor smoke that dude. He be crickety up in my face all night with his jive as$ smack talk."

You just confused the context.

It meant chirping, lively/loud talking..........not old/breaking down

Yes, "rickety", means shaky or ready to collapse. I can see the use of "crickety" (cricket like) for a trash talking player on basketball courts in the mid-80s.

thoughts?

Did you do this deal? It's a tough one.. I like Pryor in Washington but is the upgrade to Brown really worth giving up Gurley - a guy whose perceived value is much higher than his present value on the field?

You have to hope the new Rams regime can right the ship. I think I stay strong at RB with Zeke. Ingram & Gurley.

Did you do this deal? It's a tough one.. I like Pryor in Washington but is the upgrade to Brown really worth giving up Gurley - a guy whose perceived value is much higher than his present value on the field?

You have to hope the new Rams regime can right the ship. I think I stay strong at RB with Zeke. Ingram & Gurley.

He didnt

Gave up Willie Snead

Got Matt Stafford

Different league:

Gave up Dak Prescott and the 4.10 (to taxi Dak) for a 2018 2nd

traded pick 1.09 for Kelce

26 man rosters... keep everyone, no contracts or anything... need a tight end

very cheap IMO, nice trade for you...........if you needed a TE you should have been made to pay more for a clear top guy, in his prime no less

Traded Carlos Hyde for the 1.05

If Hyde was expendable, then I like the deal. If you dealt a starter, to maybe get one back come draft time, then not so much.

God Damn!!!

That's highway robbery.

Kudos

If Hyde was expendable, then I like the deal. If you dealt a starter, to maybe get one back come draft time, then not so much.

I only had Carlos Hyde for one more season. While he was a starter, I don't think his value is going to really rise to that point at any point during this upcoming season. Being able to get one of the top four RB's or either of the top two WR's was worth it to me

I recently sent Martavis Bryant and got Jordy in return.

Then in another league I saw him traded for the 1.02.

Wow. I've got nothing but low ball offers for him. I haven't really shopped him though.

Traded players in last year of contract to garner picks 1 5 and 9 to go with my 3. I am going to go rb rb rb w picks 1 3 and 5

Traded players in last year of contract to garner picks 1 5 and 9 to go with my 3. I am going to go rb rb rb w picks 1 3 and 5

This is a nice thread to get a sense of the values players are being traded for but I'm not sure this is much help.

Which players were traded for the picks if you don't mind?

Points for a solid personal update though. :)

Wow now that's a great trade for Sanders.