Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Trump’s trillion dollar deficits are putting us on a path to fiscal ruin

I just saw where the Trump admin intends on allowing the firing up of over 300 coal fired energy plants, which will be monitored and taxed per MT of emission to be increased annually. Several studies have concluded that this taxation will ultimately lead to the phasing out of the plants and an overall reduction of Co2 by 30% by 2030. Higher than the goal set by the failed Paris Accord.

Do you have a link?

My dad is 61 and works in the coal industry, just want to send him the article if true. He only needs to make it a few more years, then the country can go to 100% natural gas.

Do you have a link?

My dad is 61 and works in the coal industry, just want to send him the article if true. He only needs to make it a few more years, then the country can go to 100% natural gas.

2 links that tell the whole story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-administration-proposes-rule-to-relax-carbon-limits-on-power-plants/2018/08/21/b46b0a8a-a543-11e8-a656-943eefab5daf_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ff4a6bdc185a

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/market-insights/latest-news/electric-power/072318-us-house-bill-to-create-24mt-tax-on-carbon-emissions

From reading here I thought Trump single handedly wiped out every cent of deficit and we all get a Trump bonus on our checks just cuz hes kewl? Anything that says to the contrary is fake news cuz Drobeski puts a sweet emoticon followed by the source, thats how I know. All fake news, even if its verifiable fact.

you cant quit me

Those are what I read when I googled it, neither talks about the 300 coal power plants coming online. That is the important part for my family, in addition to my dad working in the coal industry my brother switched from being a mining engineer in the coal industry to the limestone industry a few years ago. The industry paying less he is stuck in a part of the country he does not want to live, Tennessee.

I was hoping that the 300 coal plants was real.

I didn't say they were coming on line, the Trump admin plans to reverse Obama that forced the 300 to either go offline or plan to go offline. I doubt all 300 would return, and the Dems have already stated their intent to sue. If any come back I hope your father benefits.