Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Boardwalk Empire

I'm very sad about the final episode. :(

I'm surprised they killed off the character that was second in importance only to Nucky himself - but particularly because it wasn't just the character that was important in the storyline, but the actor who was playing Jimmy - Michael Pitt - was doing an outstanding job with the role.

But...I suppose series like this aren't meant to outlast irritation viewers like me feel about losing such a character. :dunno:

Didn't watch it yet, but I peaked at the spoiler. Not totally surprised...bet Pitt wants to strike while the iron is hot...take his Boardwalk success as a springboard to more movies.

I'm surprised they killed off the character that was second in importance only to Nucky himself - but particularly because it wasn't just the character that was important in the storyline, but the actor who was playing Jimmy - Michael Pitt - was doing an outstanding job with the role.

But...I suppose series like this aren't meant to outlast irritation viewers like me feel about losing such a character. :dunno:

Game of Thrones killed of the main character in it's 1st season.

new trend?

Imagine is Tony Soprano was killed in the 1st 2 seasons? :wacko:

Made sense for Jimmy to get whacked. Dude was dead on the inside from the war, killed his own father and was haunted by banging his own Mom. Add to that, his wife ended up taking a dirt nap due directly to his actions. Wonder what this means for mask face in season three?

Made sense for Jimmy to get whacked. Dude was dead on the inside from the war, killed his own father and was haunted by banging his own Mom. Add to that, his wife ended up taking a dirt nap due directly to his actions. Wonder what this means for mask face in season three?

I think Richard should choke fock Jimmy's mom

I think Richard should choke fock Jimmy's mom

I'm pretty sure he will after that "simpleton" crack. :banana:

Just started....and ended the series. It was slightly underwelming...until the last 2 episodes :shocking: Loved it.

Jimmy was a great character, but his story was done. After he basically gave up on being king and turned to Nucky again, that was it. I agree Pitt did a great job as Jimmy and we will all be seeing him again. I did definitely cringe when he was basically molested by his mom, she is one focked up broad.

My favorite character is Richard though, has been since we were introduced. I think Jack Huston is fantastic portraying him. Lots of great acting all around really, I can't think of 1 weak actor off the top of my head.

I also like how much Margaret's character has grown. She was annoying, still is at times, but Nucky has always grossly underestimated her. What is the church going to do with all that land?

im the opposite. I feel the series started off hot and kind of fizzled out. Yea, it picked back up the last episode or two but in an annoying way. Was hoping to see Jimmy stick around a little longer.

Will be interesting to see how Nucky regains power as he resigned as treasurer correct? I guess he goes full corrupt kingpin now? Does seem like at first he was not the type but he has slowly shown signs of it.

jimmy was just a flat out badass. my new favorite character is Owen

im the opposite. I feel the series started off hot and kind of fizzled out. Yea, it picked back up the last episode or two but in an annoying way. Was hoping to see Jimmy stick around a little longer.

Will be interesting to see how Nucky regains power as he resigned as treasurer correct? I guess he goes full corrupt kingpin now? Does seem like at first he was not the type but he has slowly shown signs of it.

jimmy was just a flat out badass. my new favorite character is Owen

Agree with this.

I'm interested to see what happens with half face (Richard). I wonder if he will go on a rampage, or just fizzle into obscurity?

Agree with this.

I'm interested to see what happens with half face (Richard). I wonder if he will go on a rampage, or just fizzle into obscurity?

I really hope he doesn't fizzle, he is a fantastic character.

I should say I thought season 2 was underwelming until the last 2 episodes. The last 2 episodes were the best episodes in the series thus far, imo. Sure, perhaps the consensus best character died but I think in order for truly good series to keep going, they have to do bold things like killing off beloved characters(like Lost with Charlie in season 3). Like Jimmy said, he died in the war, he had a strong but failed attempt to take over the city. We got his whole story, and his character was done. He would have just gone back to being a soldier for Nucky at best.

I was thinking Richard would become a soldier for Nucky, because remember Nucky's story is he convinced him to re-enlist, and I am sure he will stick to that with all of Jimmy's people. Then he gets some army dude to write a "We regret to inform you" letter to his mother. It works out beautifully. I can see Richard playing a bigger role, then finding out the truth, and trying to kill Nucky and whatnot.

I really hope he doesn't fizzle, he is a fantastic character.

I should say I thought season 2 was underwelming until the last 2 episodes. The last 2 episodes were the best episodes in the series thus far, imo. Sure, perhaps the consensus best character died but I think in order for truly good series to keep going, they have to do bold things like killing off beloved characters(like Lost with Charlie in season 3). Like Jimmy said, he died in the war, he had a strong but failed attempt to take over the city. We got his whole story, and his character was done. He would have just gone back to being a soldier for Nucky at best.

I was thinking Richard would become a soldier for Nucky, because remember Nucky's story is he convinced him to re-enlist, and I am sure he will stick to that with all of Jimmy's people. Then he gets some army dude to write a "We regret to inform you" letter to his mother. It works out beautifully. I can see Richard playing a bigger role, then finding out the truth, and trying to kill Nucky and whatnot.

see my thing with jimmy is that i dont think his storyline, as far as trying to take over the city on his own, lasted long enough after his fathers death. i mean we see him acting like a badass scalping that old dude and then all of a sudden he can't handle anything. I think his solo attempt needed more than 2-3 episodes. At least it felt like 2-3 may have been more.

see my thing with jimmy is that i dont think his storyline, as far as trying to take over the city on his own, lasted long enough after his fathers death. i mean we see him acting like a badass scalping that old dude and then all of a sudden he can't handle anything. I think his solo attempt needed more than 2-3 episodes. At least it felt like 2-3 may have been more.

That's because he was a soldier who tried to rise too fast. He was great at killing people and was a very bright guy, but it takes a lot of time to build an empire that the Commadore and Nucky built. He was in way over his head from the start, the commadore was the only reason why the attempt in mutiny lasted as long as it did. Once he went, there was no chance, and out of desperation he tried to reconnect with Nucky but he knew it was probably too late.

He focked up, that's about the bottom line. It's what Nucky was hinting too, if he were patient, he could of became something great that lasted. His pride got in the way though.

Jimmy won't be down for breakfast :cry:

He's going to be in at least 3 films over the next couple years.

179th Street (announced)

Det. Peter McClane

The First (pre-production)

Owen Moore

You Can't Win (filming)

Jack Black

Jimmy won't be down for breakfast :cry:

But Van Alden will be. :banana:

I keep noticing him in things...the mom's boyfriend in 8 Mile, Lynard in Let's Go To Prison...I just saw he's gonna be General Zod in the Christopher Nolan produced Man of Steel.

But Van Alden will be. :banana:

I keep noticing him in things...the mom's boyfriend in 8 Mile, Lynard in Let's Go To Prison...I just saw he's gonna be General Zod in the Christopher Nolan produced Man of Steel.

yeah me too. :thumbsup:

he was also in The Woodsman

will still watch but

no Jimmy = :thumbsdown:

should of offed the brother

should have kept the wife and lesbo friend alive and locked them in a dungeon somewhere, just for fun. :banana:

Can't wait to find out what happens after Nucky finds out Margaret gave his land to the church.

Can't wait to find out what happens after Nucky finds out Margaret gave his land to the church.

I really thought after some things that happened in the final episode of season 2, there would not be a season 3.

Hopefully, he remembers the rule of thumb. :thumbsup:

Jimmy was a great character and that actor nailed...that said, I've always really been into mob history and I think Luciano, Capone and Rothstein are going to have more of a role, so I am def. looking forward to season 3. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Plus, there is really sh1t on TV for the most part right now.

Luciano, Capone and Rothstein are going to have more of a role, so I am def. looking forward to season 3.

Acreed.

Also like Jimmy said in the last episode he died in the trenches.

Acreed.

Also like Jimmy said in the last episode he died in the trenches.

You can't be half a gangster. :bandana:

Jimmy was my favorite - but I guess they killed him off as he wanted to do other things. As for the Gangsters on BWE Rothstein seems to be really nailing his role ... well Lucky is nailing Jimmy's mom at least. I hope for the best with this season but with no Jimmy I just don't think it works as well.

ETA - It's like taking Dexter and having Deb wacked season 2

Capone is going to kill his jew boss

I do like the guy playing Capone he's decent just not shown enough.

If Jimmy had to go I l do love how he went out -- He knew it was a hit -- didn't bring half face who could of snipered all of them and didn't even bring a gun on him when he was best of all of them with a gun. Just wanted to do 1 last thing -- make Nucky stop being 1/2 a gangster :) and make sure he did it himself

Larry Fitzgerald had himself a nice little Sunday.

The Arizona Cardinals wide receiver only had one catch for four yards, but his club improved its record to 2-0 with an upset of the Patriots in New England.

Fitzgerald was understandably excited to come away with the win, but he apparently had bigger things on his mind following the upset win.

You see, the Boardwalk Empire season premiere was Sunday night. And while winning NFL games may be cool and all, it obviously pales in comparison to an HBO miniseries. Have you ever watched Sunday night programming on HBO? It's spectacular.

Fitzgerald took to Twitter shortly after his team came away with the win, and he let it be known what he was really excited about.

Big win 4 the @cardinals 2day what a nail bitter. Even more exciting 2nite HBO season 3 of Board Walk Empire can't wait to get home 2 c it.

— Larry Fitzgerald (@LarryFitzgerald) September 16, 2012

:banana:

So... let's recap, shall we?

Jillian has turned the Commodore's residence into a brothel and seems intent to wipe the memories of Jimmy and Angela from her grandson's mind.

VanAlden is now forced to sell electric irons door-to-door and has had another child by the nanny.

Richard Harrow seems to be on the path of avenging Jimmy's death.

Bye, bye Manny...

Capone still has a hot temper.

Bobby Cannavale still only plays a$$holes.

Mickey Doyle still has that annoying giggle.

And Nucky is already cheating on Margaret.

Did I miss anything?

VanAlden is now forced to sell electric irons door-to-door and has had another child by the nanny.

And will soon be in the Irish Mob. :headbanger:

Margaret is the most annoying leading lady since Carmela

So...is Nucky gonna utilize half-face as his hit man? I hope so. Best character on the show, IMO. :headbanger:

So...is Nucky gonna utilize half-face as his hit man? I hope so. Best character on the show, IMO. :headbanger:

ne of the only times I saw Nucky about shithis pants was when he asks him how many men he has killed and he answers - 63 and tells him he did it for Jimmy's wife. and Nuck figures he kills him for Jimmy but he doesn't becasue he knew - Jimmy knew what he was doing when he left that night that's why he never even brought a gun and half face knows that. I think Half face will stay as Jimmy's kids protector - but myabe a few side jobs :unsure:

Gyp Rosetti is shaping up to be an interesting charater, and Bobby Cannavale is nailing it! After Owen Sleater messed up the message from Nucky and said "bone for tuna" instead of "bona fortuna" and then when the cop wished him "good luck"... the transformation in his face was pure gold.

Gyp Rosetti is shaping up to be an interesting charater, and Bobby Cannavale is nailing it! After Owen Sleater messed up the message from Nucky and said "bone for tuna" instead of "bona fortuna" and then when the cop wished him "good luck"... the transformation in his face was pure gold.

While over the top at times, this character is great! The dinner scene where Gyp starts in with the monkey bit was funny as hell. I'm loving this season so far.

Show was renewed for 4th season today. Interesting considering less viewers this year so far.

Margaret is the most annoying leading lady since Carmela

Oh come on now. Skyler White? Rita Morgan? Margaret is a breath of fresh air.

:nono:

You left out Lori from The Walking Dead.

No clue who those are.

Agree with oldhag on Lori from WD though

No clue who those are.

Agree with oldhag on Lori from WD though

Skylar White is from Breaking Bad, and Rita Morgan was Dexter's wife.