Sign in to follow this  
Drizzay

Homeowner shoots two intruders

Wtf?

They were pieces of garbage, but the guy is going to do some serious time for the execution kills and not reporting it immediately

Just because he probably will do time, doesn't mean he should. He should be let off.

Put me on that jury and there's a 100% chance that he'll either walk free or it'll be hung. I would never, ever convict him. Frankly, since I feel so strongly about this, I would very much enjoy being the a$$hole on the jury that stands up for him and refuses to convict.

I hope when it's time to select a jury somebody like me is there to do just that.

Just because he probably will do time, doesn't mean he should. He should be let off.

Put me on that jury and there's a 100% chance that he'll either walk free or it'll be hung. I would never, ever convict him. Frankly, I would very much enjoy being the a$$hole on the jury that stands up for him and refuses to convict.

I'd fight you for the chance to hang said jury. Hindsight being 20/20, prolly shouldn't have capped the girl in the chin, but guy shot for invasion, 2nd shot because the old man doesn't know how many others in the house. Girls gets one (and really two) while old man still doesn't know if there are any others. Shoulda called cops same day, but I wouldn't send him down the river for that.

B&E is a dangerous career field. Try bartending instead :cheers:

I'd fight you for the chance to hang said jury. Hindsight being 20/20, prolly shouldn't have capped the girl in the chin, but guy shot for invasion, 2nd shot because the old man doesn't know how many others in the house. Girls gets one (and really two) while old man still doesn't know if there are any others. Shoulda called cops same day, but I wouldn't send him down the river for that.

B&E is a dangerous career field. Try bartending instead :cheers:

too bad his statement doesn't say anything remotely about fearing others were in the house...

Perhaps he worried that they were zombies too and only a head shot could ensure his safety? :unsure:

too bad his statement doesn't say anything remotely about fearing others were in the house...

Perhaps he worried that they were zombies too and only a head shot could ensure his safety? :unsure:

Never had anyone break in or been in a hostile environment, have you. Two in the chest, one in the head brutha. You never know how many are in the home until you clear the home. I was only applying critical thinking and rational thought to the story, as I had read it.

The old man is no danger to society. He's an upstanding member of society. He's got a lifetime track record of clean record to go on. He was just minding his own business at home when trouble came looking for him.

Some scum came in to rob him and got their just deserts.

People like this old man don't belong in prison. People like these two punks don't deserve our sympathy.

The old man is no danger to society. He's an upstanding member of society. He's got a lifetime track record of clean record to go on. He was just minding his own business at home when trouble came looking for him.

People like this old man don't belong in prison. People like these two punks don't deserve our sympathy.

Yup

+1

I have not followed this very closely, but if the persons actually did break into his house they deserve what they got. There is no other way to think about this. I have thought about this scenario before, what would I do if someone broke into my house? Also, I have pondered what different outcomes could happen if I were to act in certain ways?

The main thing here is you never know what another person will do to save their own life, but they are probably going to do everything in their power, even if they were in the wrong in the first place. If a person with a gun breaks into my house and I only wound them, what is to stop them from pulling out their weapon and shooting my ass? How absolutely shitty would that be if you saw a story about an old man in his basement who shot a home invader only to get shot himself while trying to show mercy?

Plus, what if it is dark in the basement and visibility isn't all that great? In the middle of a bright sunny day my basement is pretty dark without the lights on. Protecting my family is number one on my list followed by myself at a close second. I would much rather play it safe and assume the person breaking into my house is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their goal and to get away with as much as they can, especially if getting away with their life seems to be the only thing they will make off with.

Not saying for sure I am going to cap someone in the head if they are in my house, but chances are if I am not 110% that the bastard I shot isn't a threat any more I am going to make sure it gets that way.

A good lawyer will dress this guy up as the sad, confused, nice Grandpa. And someone like me, who loathes pillhead thieves, will be on the jury.

Dude will walk........or Hover Round

:banana:

http://www.startribune.com/local/257169671.html

Guilty on all four counts of murder. I have a feeling that some of the jurors will come out and say that he had every right to initially shoot the intruders, but was wrong to later execute them after they were incapacitated and no longer a threat.

http://www.startribune.com/local/257169671.html

Guilty on all four counts of murder. I have a feeling that some of the jurors will come out and say that he had every right to initially shoot the intruders, but was wrong to later execute them after they were incapacitated and no longer a threat.

This outcome sucks but I'd be hard pressed not to agree with them given the state laws.

Shooting to defend yourself, family or property are one thing. The subsequent events and the delay in notifying authorities make his story suspect.