Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

When the Queen dies, it will be an event like no other.....it will be DEVASTATING.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-2015-3

This is going to be a HUGE deal folks.

Queen Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God Queen of this Realm and of Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, is not going to live forever.

Since ascending to the throne in 1952, the monarch has seen 12 Prime Ministers serve Britain, and lived through another 12 US Presidents. She's now 88. At some point — not for many years yet, we hope — Queen Elizabeth II's reign will come to an end.

But what happens then?

For at least 12 days — between her passing, the funeral and beyond — Britain will grind to a halt. It'll cost the British economy billions in lost earnings. The stock markets and banks will close for an indefinite period. And both the funeral and the subsequent coronation will become formal national holidays, each with an estimated economic hit to GDP of between £1.2 and £6 billion, to say nothing of organisational costs.

But to focus on the financial disruption doesn't begin to describe the sheer magnitude of it. It will be an event unlike anything Britain has ever seen before. There will be trivial disruptions — the BBC will cancel all comedy shows, for example — and jarring cultural changes. Prince Charles may change his name, for instance, and the words of the national anthem will be changed, too.

That is just the beginning. Seriously, check out that link and all the shtt that will happen when she dies. It may end the Commonwealth. :shocking:

I mean, I'll probably miss edjr and all...

But "devastated"? That's taking it a little far

Charles will have his coronation then will almost immediately abdicate the throne to William.

I imagine it'll be a lot like when Kim Jong Il, Robin Williams, or Steve Irwin died and we posted a thread about it titled "death pool update". Well maybe not like Robin or Steve since I actually miss them, nor like Lil' Kimmy since he was despised and good riddance.

Who died and I didn't care? Is Carrot Top still alive?