Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

ted cruz

I normally don't give a s*** this early in the primary process, but this story is going to hurt.

turns out that his first speech as a presidential candidate occurred at Liberty University. That's pretty lame, but not unheard of. What really hurts is that that packed house that you saw? Any student that didn't attend that function was subject to a fine.

even Peter King, not a sports guy, the Republican, was on CNN just trashing this guy this afternoon.

and, since we're on the subject, did I not absolutely call it when Bobby Jindal came out with his let me tell you a story in his best Mr Rogers voice? and his candidacy and relevancy went straight down the s******.perhaps one of the worst, most infamous career Anders and political history. Right up there with no new taxes, and I did not have sex with that woman.

• Like 1

He's not a serious candidate, he's just going to play the game, get name recognition, raise money and lay groundwork that will allow him to make money for a long time. There's lots of cash to be had on the scared old lady, bitter old man circuit. See Palin, Sarah, and Huckabee, Mike.

i'm gonna have to see a birth certificate

Super long form.

I normally don't give a s*** this early in the primary process, but this story is going to hurt.

turns out that his first speech as a presidential candidate occurred at Liberty University. That's pretty lame, but not unheard of. What really hurts is that that packed house that you saw? Any student that didn't attend that function was subject to a fine.

even Peter King, not a sports guy, the Republican, was on CNN just trashing this guy this afternoon.

and, since we're on the subject, did I not absolutely call it when Bobby Jindal came out with his let me tell you a story in his best Mr Rogers voice? and his candidacy and relevancy went straight down the s******.perhaps one of the worst, most infamous career Anders and political history. Right up there with no new taxes, and I did not have sex with that woman.

Jindal is a Fawking joke. He's done nothing for my state since he got into office other than campaign around country and raise money for a job he will never have.

I haven't looked into him enough to form a solid opinion, but there are parts of him I like -- he seems pretty true to his tea party values (and alienating the GOP old guard in the process, which I see as a positive), and he also seems somewhat self-deprecating.

His choice of Liberty University and appeal to evangelicals is somewhat disconcerting though.

He suggested America's political salvation rests, in part, on the political engagement of conservative Christians. "Today, roughly half of born-again Christians aren't voting," he said. "They're staying home. Imagine instead millions of people of faith all across America coming out to the polls and voting our values."

One could argue that "voting our values" is not the same as voting to make Christianity our national religion, for instance. But he left himself open to some (deserved) criticism. I'd have preferred if he had expanded on that statement in a non-secular way.

So you don't.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yeah how did that whole purposefully obtuse thing work out for you and joneo last time? Lol

LOL. Good. That is brilliant. Just like focking Obamacare.

What the talking head are not telling you is.....never mind, I am going to just let this play out. It will be better that way. Hint, this is by design.

I can't believe that moonbat clerked for a Supreme Court justice.

I mean, it was Rehnquist, but still.

The scariest thing about Ted Cruz is that he someone how managed to Chair the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Science and Space.

The Subcommittee's jurisdiction includes oversight of NASA, the National Science Foundation, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the Office of Science and Technology Policy. For the 111th Congress, the Subcommittee gained additional jurisdiction on science matters from the former United States Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Science, Technology, and Innovation.

A climate change denier and Christian whackjob...

my frined is running his campaign

The scariest thing about Ted Cruz is that he someone how managed to Chair the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Science and Space.

A climate change denier and Christian whackjob...

Ask bert and mung where their rep serves. She thinks their reps landed on mars.

Now that I'm back at a laptop (for the deliberately obtuse):

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) delivered his first official 2016 presidential campaign speech Monday during a convocation ceremony at Liberty University, a religious institution in Lynchburg, Virginia.

The room was packed for Cruz's speech, but the crowd wasn't all there just to applaud the senator's big announcement, which was first shared on Twitter. Some of the students who witnessed the launch of Cruz's 2016 presidential campaign were, in the words of Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch, only in attendance so they wouldn’t get fined.

Convocation is a mandatory Monday, Wednesday and Friday event for Liberty students -- and they are penalized with fines if they skip an assembly.

This could explain the supporters of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) who trolled Cruz from the audience.

More to come: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/23/ted-cruz-liberty-university_n_6924752.html

Think it was just a coincidence?

Not only did he choose the friendliest audience possible (and still got heckled), he chose a mandatory one. Yeah, that's playing well on the 'net.

Here's one of my favorites. He's since upped the number to as much as 125K Agents:

• Cruz has regularly drawn applause in recent speeches for his suggestion to abolish the Internal Revenue Service and put “every one of those 110,000 [iRS] agents … on our southern border.” But, as we have written, the IRS has nowhere near 110,000 employees, let alone that many agents. The number of IRS employees has been on the decline, and currently stands at about 82,000. Less than a quarter of them are revenue agents, special agents or revenue officers.

This quote is also one of his fans' favorites too.

i sent her an email and she totally ignored it

Cack pics end up in her spam folder.

• Like 1

I can't believe that moonbat clerked for a Supreme Court justice.

I mean, it was Rehnquist, but still.

Uber lib Allen Dershowitz calls Cruz one of the smartest students he ever taught at Harvard, and the best debater he ever had.

He has also argued 9 cases before the Supreme Court. In short, you could run rings around you on any legal issue, Matlock.

The republican nominee will either be Bush or a Walker. The rest of this is a show.

It's so weird that there is a very real chance of another Bush in Office.

It's so weird that there is a very real chance of another Bush in Office.

Better than Walker or another Clinton...(at least that Clinton)

He's not a serious candidate, he's just going to play the game, get name recognition, raise money and lay groundwork that will allow him to make money for a long time. There's lots of cash to be had on the scared old lady, bitter old man circuit. See Palin, Sarah, and Huckabee, Mike.

This 100%. The American public is not going to elect a canadian that looks plastic who has a mexican last name.

Uber lib Allen Dershowitz calls Cruz one of the smartest students he ever taught at Harvard, and the best debater he ever had.

Dershowitz might be an "Uber lib" in some aspects, but he's also an Uber Israel supporter. Cruz' stance on Israel puts him well into Dershowitz' wheelhouse.

The republican nominee will either be Bush or a Walker. The rest of this is a show.

Hillary will be the dem nominee, because she said so you her sheep will fall in line.

Dershowitz might be an "Uber lib" in some aspects, but he's also an Uber Israel supporter. Cruz' stance on Israel puts him well into Dershowitz' wheelhouse.

So? Are you saying Dershowitz is lying about Cruz' intelligence?

Hillary will be the dem nominee, because she said so you her sheep will fall in line.

these focking options make obama look like george washington

I have no idea who this is. Is this the guy who does all those TED talk radio shows I hear about but have no idea what they are?

Another lunatic to check into the asylum.