Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

So the Giants just signed Geno Smith. They now have the best tandem at throwing picks in the league

• Like 1

So the Giants just signed Geno Smith. They now have the best tandem at throwing picks in the league

Fake news. I hope

Yeah maybe I was thinking it was higher. I guess I was just pointing out that Williams sort of sucks.

Witten has one more year on his deal right? You think he for sure signs a new deal? He is basically a non threat these days. A blocker who can catch a curl pass.

You could not be more wrong on Williams if you tried.. No he doesn't sort of suck - he TOTALLY sucks! :D

I can't stand Williams, he's a tick smarter than the water jug.. As far as football, Williams is the master of making the impossible catch look easy - and the bread basket catch look hard Nobody drops more right-in-the-numbers balls than that clown... But he is what he is - and we're stuck with him now, so.. ........ Witten? Omg, thank Gawd for Witten. He is still about as sure handed as they come, regardless of the few drops he had last year... At 34 years of age, Witten had 69 catches last year, the year before, 77.. #82 is still finding holes in zones and is still moving the chains - he's still got some game left.. But yes, I do think he plays thru 2018, especially if he avoids injury this year.

• Like 1

Giants signed JPP to four year deal. If that clears space and they can get Hankins back I'm pretty psyched about this off season.

Giants signed JPP to four year deal. If that clears space and they can get Hankins back I'm pretty psyched about this off season.

8-8

8-8

Not the way the division is looking. Dallas with a JV defense, Eagles in rebuild mode (again) Redskins a mess. 11-12 wins should be attainable.

TE or WR in the 1st 3? Oh Gawd no - unless Howard falls or some crazy talented WR that we just can't pass on... Trust me, I would love to have a WR with some speed on this team - but that position is down the list of urgent needs. Dez, Williams, Butler and Beasley are all signed and coming back.. But speaking of T-Williams, are you kidding? As much as I don't like him - we got a very favorable deal on that... 4 years, only $9m guaranteed, when others are getting upwards of $11m a year? That's a bargain... And yes, we do need to find a TE - but it's not urgent. Witten is not retiring this year or next, and Escobar sucked anyways. What we really need is a blocking TE - but you don't go drafting those in the top rounds... We do have a project TE that the staff and Jerry seem to love - Rico Gahters.... Gathers was a basketball standout at Baylor, and he goes 6'7" and 275 lbs... I think they will try and get him on the roster and field this year.

Terrence Williams is average at absolute best. A minimum contract receiver would have been a MUCH better value for the team. I don't get the infatuation with such a mediocre talent.

They're picking at the back of the draft this time. And it's not supposed to be a great draft. They had to have cleared some money losing all these guys. Probabaly waiting on some bargains. Hope they don't scoop up Hankins.

I hope that you have a typo in there. More like there are 4 positions that are very deep this year, and Dallas needs players in 3 of those positions. I love how every year is a bad year for talent. Someone has to say it every single year.

I hope that you have a typo in there. More like there are 4 positions that are very deep this year, and Dallas needs players in 3 of those positions. I love how every year is a bad year for talent. Someone has to say it every single year.

No typo. Draft ie weak at OL, CB and QB. The three most sought after spots. Deep at RB.

Terrence Williams is average at absolute best. A minimum contract receiver would have been a MUCH better value for the team. I don't get the infatuation with such a mediocre talent.

Possibly.. But the offense is this team right now - as such, we have to devote everything reasonable into making it elite.. As much of a clown as Williams is, he knows the system - he knows Dak. A rookie is better long term, but not better for right now... And at only $9m guaranteed - he's an easy cut.

No typo. Draft ie weak at OL, CB and QB. The three most sought after spots. Deep at RB.

It's deep at CB... there are safeties that may be able to be converted to CB too. So it's weak at OL and QB, must mean it's a weak class? I guess every year we just chalk up a class as weak because there aren't 5 deep HOF studs at each position....

Strongest CB draft in years

Strongest CB draft in years

BS. Just because they will get drafted high, because OL and QB suck, doesn't make them great. Best in years. STFU.

BS. Just because they will get drafted high, because OL and QB suck, doesn't make them great. Best in years. STFU.

Uhhh I don't know if you know this, but each year the same amount of players get drafted into the 1st round. So where players get drafted isn't a very good barometer of how good a class is.

LOL You are seriously like a little kvnty woman. I stated a fact. I know because the Eagles need a corner. I didn't say it in a smarmy way. I didn't say you know jack sh1t about football. I stated a fact. It's a strong draft for corners. Sorry if being wrong makes you feel so worthless. That's your psychological issue. Please toughen up. Your femininity is embarrassing.

Uhhh I don't know if you know this, but each year the same amount of players get drafted into the 1st round. So where players get drafted isn't a very good barometer of how good a class is.

OL, when good, will always get drafted higher, same as QB's. It's that while supply and demand thing. Did you notice the amount of money OL were getting in FA?

LOL You are seriously like a little kvnty woman. I stated a fact. I know because the Eagles need a corner. I didn't say it in a smarmy way. I didn't say you know jack sh1t about football. I stated a fact. It's a strong draft for corners. Sorry if being wrong makes you feel so worthless. That's your psychological issue. Please toughen up. Your femininity is embarrassing.

Spray tan, frosted tips, crying. Mic drop.

Not necessarily. Last year there were only 31 first rounders and this year there will be 32. :(

:P

Spray tan, frosted tips, crying. Mic drop.

Never, 2004, Did watching This Is Us Tuesday. Pick mic up for you.

Witten has one more year on his deal right? You think he for sure signs a new deal? He is basically a non threat these days. A blocker who can catch a curl pass.

That's all he's been for the last 5 years, maybe longer.

Spray tan, frosted tips, crying.

What does Trump have to do with NFL free agency?

So the whole Romo is getting released thing was fake news. Who was that, Werder?

So the whole Romo is getting released thing was fake news. Who was that, Werder?

There were so many fake NFL stories posted this off season.

As usual, but that was a very specific bit of news. Was reported it was happening the next day.

I wish Geno Smith to the Giants was fake news.

I wish Geno Smith to the Giants was fake news.

:lol:

Drama Queen update

When asked about returning for the 2017 season, Ben Roethlisberger said, "I'm leaning toward it."

Roethlisberger hinted at retirement after losing to New England in the AFC Championship, but nobody ever bought it. From overselling his injuries to retirement contemplations, Roethlisberger has always had a drama-queen streak. Big Ben is owed $46 million over the final three years of his deal. It would be an absolute stunner if the 35-year-old decided to hang up his cleats.

AP, Blount, Hightower and J Charles still unsigned. Bad time to be a FA RB. And now that MCCown signed with the Jets, where does Cutler end up?

AP, Blount, Hightower and J Charles still unsigned. Bad time to be a FA RB.

and Peterson

Cam to have rotator cuff surgery. Can't throw for four months. I sign Cutler just in case if I'm Carolina.

Witten has one more year. That is a big number on their cap.

I will not be surprised to see that contract reworked and extended - thru 2018. Especially if $$ is needed to land somebody.

Looks like this is exactly what happened..... Witten has been extended a new 4-year deal. I don't have the specifics, but undoubtedly this will free up cap space and keep #82 around for a while.

Good call. I still believe the Cowboys could use a WR or TE. Maybe not with their 1st rounder (but would not be surprised) but 2nd or 3rd. Very good TE class. When Dez gets hurt a matchup problem at TE or just another capable WR would come in handy. At some point they will have to address weapons for Dak as what they have now is fairly weak, injury prone, or just plain old.

OJ Howard will be gone.

The TE from the U may or may not be there. But in a nice TE draft he isn't OJ Howard and there will be guys there in the 2nd round.

Corey Davis, I have seen some mocks having him drop to here. He hasn't been able to work out for anyone and some think that may drop him down.

John Ross I assume he is gone by their pick.

So really for where they pick a TE or WR may not be value as all of those guys may be off the board and there are a lot of options on defense. I would be surprised to see them go Defense, Defense, Defense. I'm sure JJ would like to add some youth and help for his new, young, face of the franchise that he didn't know he had at this time last year.

So really for where they pick a TE or WR may not be value as all of those guys may be off the board and there are a lot of options on defense. I would be surprised to see them go Defense, Defense, Defense. I'm sure JJ would like to add some youth and help for his new, young, face of the franchise that he didn't know he had at this time last year.

I think this team would be more on the lookout for a TE before WR... Especially if they are a blocking one too... For sure if Witten ever got hurt, we'd be focked. I guess being at the bottom of the draft, you kind of take a wait-and-see approach.

AP Visiting the Patriots. Oh boy.

Saw that this past weekend. Wondering how things went. I've been busy all day and haven't been able to check up on it

Saw that this past weekend. Wondering how things went. I've been busy all day and haven't been able to check up on it

Nothing. Just a look see, not expected to sign him. Don't know why they woukd. Blount fits them perfect.