Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Doctson

I'd rather invest in Corey Davis first off if you're looking for long term, so if he's out there I'd say pick him up before and hold until he's back Week 9.

If he's not and I'm just looking for long term potential this year, then I'd rather roll the dice on Doctson over someone with lesser upside like Robert Woods or Marqise Lee. Outside of byes or injuries, I'd never play guys like that so why even bother having them on roster.

If we're talking just for this week, I think there's better options than Doctson as I'm still nervous about his target shares and that he's too TD dependent. I like Kenny Stills (if Parker's out) or Benny Fowler as one week fill ins.

No, move on, just coach talk. He is behind Thompson and Pryor. And at the same level as Reed, Vernon, and Crowder. You don't want a WR3 with zero upside. There so many higher upside option in the WW.

Doctson do not deserve his own thread, christ.... When was last time you saw a thread about Torrey Smith? Even Torrey has higher upside than Doctson.

No, move on, just coach talk. He is behind Thompson and Pryor. And at the same level as Reed, Vernon, and Crowder. You don't want a WR3 with zero upside. There so many higher upside option in the WW.

Doctson do not deserve his own thread, christ.... When was last time you saw a thread about Torrey Smith? Even Torrey has higher upside than Doctson.

lol only brought it up Bc of injuries and what Gruden said.

lol only brought it up Bc of injuries and what Gruden said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/10/11/wednesdays-takeaways-redskins-want-to-get-jamison-crowder-more-targets/?utm_term=.06e995b959e5

"I think you’ll see more of Jamison Crowder," coach Jay Gruden said. "He's one of our best skill players. I have to get the ball to him in space more often and get him the flow early."

He said many thing within last week, I shouldn't be too harsh, I am pretty sure someone had a Crowder thread last week.

well, I'd expect more touches for Doctson just simply because he's been at least somewhat productive with the limted touches he has had.

also, Crowder and Grant have not been all that great.

I dont think it is unreasonable to expect a couple more targets for Doctson, but I wouldnt expect him to put up start worthy numbers.

Not yet anyways.

My bet is he will be bumped up to 4-6 targets per game which still isnt Quite enough to make him a flex play (unless he catches all targets or gets a TD)

If Crowder and Grant continue to be underwhelming Doctson will get his shot to start eventually. Remember, he was a first round pick. The team wants him to succeed.

If you have a spare roster spot, he's worth rostering, but I wouldnt start him unless you are really desperate.

He was a first round pick last year. Been considering picking up just in case he goes off. Those of us with perpetually bad waiver positions gotta be ahead of the curve.

He was a first round pick last year. Been considering picking up just in case he goes off. Those of us with perpetually bad waiver positions gotta be ahead of the curve.

Agree with this. Doctson's work load is picking up and Pryor isn't doing himself any favors, nor is Crowder. He's worth a speculative stash if you have a roster spot for him, particularly in deep leagues.

If he can't stay healthy he can't play.

And that is his biggest problem.

Just released Crowder yesterday. Expect 8-100-2 this week. :wall:

I think Doctson could blow up if he stays healthy. Pryor is not the real deal, but I didn't need this year to know that.

• Like 1

I totally disagree Challenger. I love this topic. Doctson is controversial in that the dude is loaded with talent, scores tds when he does, but hardly sees the field. What is up with that?

I think Doctson could blow up if he stays healthy. Pryor is not the real deal, but I didn't need this year to know that.

I’m hoping it starts Monday night.

Doctson is a stud if he could stay healthy ROS. Crowder and Pryor aren't doing it so why not try your first round draft pick(as mentioned above). He could be a game changer ROS. Like ODB lite his rookie year

• Like 1

The way I envision him is as a low volume td machine. With pryor, crowder, and reed not getting it done in the rz there is opportunity here in a good offense. Here's hoping.

The way I envision him is as a low volume td machine. With pryor, crowder, and reed not getting it done in the rz there is opportunity here in a good offense. Here's hoping.

Would be concerning in ppr I would think.

I apologize for speaking before I research. I love Doctson, dropped both DJ and Sanders for him, no regret.

(I dropped Sanders on a 2-4 leagues, holding Parker and Corey there already. I like Sanders, but from what I saw live, that week to week injury would linger a long time.)

Grab him now before he takes off the rest of the way

I grabbed him in one of my leagues.

I was gonna hold off, but Aaron Rodgers (who is injured and was looking like he may not go onto IR) was placed on IR today.

As a result, I have an open roster spot and nobody to fill it except for players who had yet to play (I made the move before the NE game) so My pool of pickups is small.

I figured if he goes off I dont have to scramble to get him.

and

the odds of a breakout tomorrow is a bit larger than on any other given week (other than maybe week 1) because it's a division rival and if a team is gonna insert a new wrinkle into the offense, this is the time.

If he doesnt go off, it's not a big deal I'll just drop him again.

Here are the minimum stats I need to see from Doctson before I look for the next WW darling.

Over take Grant snap counts (50%), 4 to 5 targets, 3 to 4 receptions, 50+ yards, and 1 TD or few targets on end zone.

Here are the minimum stats I need to see from Doctson before I look for the next WW darling.

Over take Grant snap counts (50%), 4 to 5 targets, 3 to 4 receptions, 50+ yards, and 1 TD or few targets on end zone.

that sounds nice in theory, but a lot of time the player goes from a snap count of 30% to a snap count of 70-80% overnight and from 1-3 receptions to 8.

keep in mind this kid was a highly touted first round pick.

they wont sit him on the bench forever. I figure the breakout happens sometime in the next 3-4 weeks, but I also feel that the odds are high this week due to the divisional matchup. this would be something Philly wouldnt (and to some degree couldnt) plan for, so if they are gonna do it, this is a good time (provided of course they think he is ready)

man this is like the Martavius thread part 2. Bunch of this is the game guys, and excitement over his 2 targets

Can you smell desperate?

2 catchs!

From the look of it, he has been in most of the game. He looks to be open often too, but seems like not the first option by Cousin.

*Going to keep the catches update for fun....

Cousins does not look comfortable. It looks like the porous Eagles secondary isn’t so porous tonight. The WRs are pretty much nothing.....again. What is wrong with this team?

The Eagles offense is definitely NFL material, unlike Skins and Giants.

Okay, their (Wash) OL is Injured. Cousins is nervous.....

There we go....his third catch...wide open for about 20

Doctson update with one minute left in 3rd period:

4 target, 3 catches, 39yards.

And another top OL gone....for Washington. Wow....it looks like their whole line is injured.

Final update, end of game:

4 targets, 3 catches, 39yards.

No targets at all in the Fourth quarter even though they threw every play. Mostly to Thompson or Reed. A few short ones to Pryor. Cousins never even looked at him and had no desire to throw anything more than 8 yds. I guess his banged up OL scared him. Josh was useless out there in the 4th.

Very very disappointing. Oh well......Martavis Bryant II

85% snap counts, 5 targets, 3 reception, 40 yards, 1 red zone target.

I will take that for now, especially considering Pryor is done with half of Doctson snaps. The biggest reason, elite QB on a passing happy offense with no clear number 1 WR yet.

Doctson only been playing 25% snaps before this game. Now coach stated on the record they want to feature him. So I will give him a few games to emerge.

that sounds nice in theory, but a lot of time the player goes from a snap count of 30% to a snap count of 70-80% overnight and from 1-3 receptions to 8.

keep in mind this kid was a highly touted first round pick.

they wont sit him on the bench forever. I figure the breakout happens sometime in the next 3-4 weeks, but I also feel that the odds are high this week due to the divisional matchup. this would be something Philly wouldnt (and to some degree couldnt) plan for, so if they are gonna do it, this is a good time (provided of course they think he is ready)

ok, so he got the snap count, but not the Targets or receptions.

Still 5 targets isnt terrible.

I never got to see the game. If you ignore the stats, how did he look?

Pryor is flat out being demoted. in previous games, Doctson has looked good, but raw, and dropped a couple of catchable balls. I didn't really make note of him this last game, but admittedly didn't watch the whole thing.

This offense just seems really bland to me. No one really sticks out. A lot of guys who look good, but no one who's great. Thompson seems like the only one who shows signs of being a play maker. Maybe Doctson can break that mold, but I didn't see any signs of that last night.

ok, so he got the snap count, but not the Targets or receptions.

Still 5 targets isnt terrible.

I never got to see the game. If you ignore the stats, how did he look?

He actually had 4 targets. The very last pass of the game in which Cousins threw it 20yards out of bounds was apparently closest to Doc so they gave it to him. Too bad Cousins didn’t throw it up to give Doc a chance to catch it, but I guess he didn’t want an INT on his stat sheet.

So, how did he look with his four targets? Well, he caught three of them for 39, not bad. However, I think because practically every OL Guy was hurt or walking off hurt, he decided in the second half to only throw quick passes, mostly to RB or TE. He never even looked at Doc one time in the fourth q. Pryor finally came in to play in the 4th q and he got 4 short targets while Doc got none.

He played a lot more snaps so that is good. 3-39 is mediocre of course.

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Emerging-In-Practice-Josh-Doctson-Could-Have-Bigger-Role-Moving-Forward/9e48de95-6aec-434a-910f-d9e6d41da7b6

Looks like coach wants Doctson to get more involve as the season continue.

To keep up the hype, my exception for Doctson this week is 7 targets, 5 receptions, 70 yards, and 1 TD/few red zone targets. If he gets anything close, I think he has arrived. The key for me is targets, I really hoping to see 7 targets.