Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

The Pats can rest their starters now - AFC and Super Bowl locked up....

It pains me to say it but anyone with any kind of brain knows that The Pats have another cake-walk into the Super Bowl yet again. Then, their opponent will magically collapse and they'll win their 6th 'bowl.

I dont know if I should be impressed at how great they are or at how focking incompetent and terrible the AFC is and has been lately. There is zero resistance. The Chiefs are who we thought they were. The Steelers never beat The pats. Ever. Whos left in the AFC? No one.

I see a Pats/Philly Super Bowl and we know how thats gonna go. Oh well. It is what it is. Yawn.

It pains me to say it but anyone with any kind of brain knows that The Pats have another cake-walk into the Super Bowl yet again. Then, their opponent will magically collapse and they'll win their 6th 'bowl.

I dont know if I should be impressed at how great they are or at how focking incompetent and terrible the AFC is and has been lately. There is zero resistance. The Chiefs are who we thought they were. The Steelers never beat The pats. Ever. Whos left in the AFC? No one.

I see a Pats/Philly Super Bowl and we know how thats gonna go. Oh well. It is what it is. Yawn.

so.......

see you next year?

Nice topic. It spurred me to look at the betting odds to win the superbowl, pats 4 to 1 Iggles 6 to 1. Jets at 500 to 1 really stood out as a miracle flier at that number.

It's between the Rams and the Cownoys in the NFC

The Pats are as beatable as they have ever been. The Steelers have a shot. Anyone else doesn't have the coaching to get it done. So much bad coaching. I have lost all respect for Andy Reid. I have zero faith in most coaches that they can adjust a single thing in their game planning to account for the environment changing around them. Instead of adapting their scheme to fit the players, the players better fit the scheme, or else fock em. It's amazing that coaches would rather lose in their system than risk adapting.

The Patriots defense is very suspect and lost LB Donta Hightower. They're very beatable. I like the Steelers, Chiefs (if they get their act together) and maybe the Jags could surprise (I laughed even as I typed out that last team).

In the NFC I think it's between the Eagles, Cowboys and Rams, but don't count out the Vikings who just keep finding ways to win in spite of injuries. If, and it's a doubtful if, the Seahawks find a running game they could be a factor as well.

I think the Patriots are truly the only team to beat in the AFC.

I think everyone is fighting for first loser in the AFC.

In the NFC, there is of course the Eagless.

But beware of the Rams.

I think the Cowboys.

And watch for the Saints.

I like those four teams in the NFC.

After the Pats I just don't truly believe in any other team in the AFC, as posted above coaching as a lot to do with it.

We've seen the Steelers so often in the past be that next team up only to get blown out my the Pats.

Praying for you First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs Texas.

NE at Pitt week 15 may be the game that decides the AFC champ because there's a good chance it determines homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. NE has had Pitt's number for the most part, so we will see if Pitt can change that. If KC can avoid Pitt in the playoffs then their chances increase dramatically. KC can beat NE but Pitt has had their number. I think the Eagles in the NFC are the team to beat (Dallas would be my 2nd choice depending on the whole Elliot situation). They have a solid D and a lot of weapons on Offense. If Green Bay can find a way to make it in and get Rodgers back, I may switch my vote.

My 2 cents.

They suck defensively. Gronk will probably get banged up between now and the playoffs.

If Pitt can get homefield and play man and have Bell this year!

The Steelers can beat them. So can KC and Jax. I also think Buff and NY can beat them, but probably not in the playoffs (if they make it).

If GB can possibly sneak in as a wildcard and get Rodgers back, they can make a run. Seattle can get on a roll too.

Point is, NE is the favorite, but they are more beatable than ever

Its insane to imagine but the jags probably have the best shot at them. The Steelers are ultra magnus but Im not falling for it even if I think Ben will have a better 2nd half of the season.

I am legit concerned about New Englands defense being bad enough to screw them. The jags could beat them the same way Baltimore would beat them...get a lead via up the gut running leading to big plays then hold the hell on.

I think the Jags could beat the Pats. No joke. Not saying every game, but they would have a good shot. That defense is excellent.

I think you're biased.

• Like 1

I dunno, New England isnt that great this year.

Offense is struggling in the red zone and not having Edelman will only be more of an issue come playoff time.

Defense was G0ddamned atrocious to start the year. Theyve been playing better lately but at the end of the day they just dont have the horses up front.

I could see a handful of teams beating them in the playoffs. Although, granted, most of them are in the NFC

Whenever you bet against the Patriots the same thing happens.

Id love for some way some how that the Pats have to meet the Steelers b4 the AFC Championship and the Steelers get em, but I guess who wouldnt want that.

This super dupper Pats team could easily be at 3-5. Got a few gift wins. We will see. One injury away to a sub 500 season. TB 12 is all by himself now.

This super dupper Pats team could easily be at 3-5. Got a few gift wins. We will see. One injury away to a sub 500 season. TB 12 is all by himself now.

So let's talk about the Steelers, do you think they are one injury away from a sub 500 season?

Or does that just count towards the Patriots?

I think you're biased.

Just because I have their defense in fantasy?

I think it's actually the other way around--I went to some effort to get their defense because I think it's that good. :)

There isn't a team the Steelers aren't capable of beating. They can win low scoring defensive battle or a shootout. Right now they have the #1 seed, but that game with the Pats looms large. However, there's a surprise coming, I don't know if NE will even see that much of it in that regular season game. The Steelers are, for the first time in a LOOOONG time, capable of playing man against the Pats and getting pressure with just their front 3 (technically 4). Tomlin is sitting on the fact that they are BUILT for man coverage now, he doesn't want to show his hand but they practice it all the time. They don't even want much game film of it to be available. The Steelers have lost previously for various reasons, in part it's been injuries in the playoffs to key players like Bell and Brown. But the biggest reason they lose to the Pats is Brady carves up that soft zone defense. But they will mix in LOT more man against the Pats in the future. If that offense continues to improve, they should have the weapons to outscore them if needed, but the defense to make the difference.

Brady will eat them up once again.

Better QB and a lot better Coaching has been the difference.

Brady will eat them up once again.

Better QB and a lot better Coaching has been the difference.

As a Steelers fan, I might have to agree with you. I can recall several bad calls and time management decisions by either Tomlin, Haley, or both. Last one was (I think against KC) a few weeks back.

It's 2nd down and goal to go from the 5 yard line. You have 12 seconds left before halftime and 1 timeout. What type of play should be called in this situation (run/pass/kick fg/punt)? Anyone interested in the answer (at least what I think) and what Pitt did, I'll give after a guess or two. I imagine most if not everyone knows what probably should be done and many already know what Pitt did.