Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Can you guys educate me on Joe Mixon?

I have 0 shares of any Cincinnati Bengals but at the trade deadline I'm getting offered Mixon for Tyrod Taylor. I already have Brady.

I just don't know much about mixon at all. Looks like he's getting around 14 carries. Not a great yards per carry. Schedule doesn't look great. But I remember there being a ton of hype for him.

He was a really good college player, for a Big Time program (Oklahoma), who slipped a little in the draft because of off the field shenanigans. I haven't been impressed so far in his rookie year. Rarely breaks off big runs. Volume is there, and competition is weak so definitely has value, but in a 10 team league I'd rather have him on the bench.

Hmmm..... I mean is he even a startable guy right now or rest of the season? Just having a hard time judging his value vs tyrod.

Here's the other Factor. The guy is tied for first with me at 7 and 2. He's streaming quarterbacks right now. Mixon is on his bench so essentially I would be giving him a solid quarterback lifeline in exchange for depth for me. But I'm also never going to play tyrod over Brady either.

You have Brady. You don't need Tyrod first of all. Mixon still is young and has upside. He can produce as he has just not lived quite up to expectations. I just checked in my PPR league he is in the top 15 PPG over the last 4 weeks. I will take that. I mean realistically he's a RB2 with upside.

who are the QB options that he has been streaming and could be streaming over the next few weeks leading into the playoffs?

who are your RBs and how does Mixon compare to them? same for other flex options?

who are the QB options that he has been streaming and could be streaming over the next few weeks leading into the playoffs?

who are your RBs and how does Mixon compare to them? same for other flex options?

Was starting Brissett...now has Eli.

I have Hunt, McCoy, Martin, Demarco and Henry. Mixons schedule sucks, so i may just pass. If Brady (Who is getting sacked left and right) gets hurt id be ok with Tyrod and his cupcake schedule. I dunno.

Was starting Brissett...now has Eli.

I have Hunt, McCoy, Martin, Demarco and Henry. Mixons schedule sucks, so i may just pass. If Brady (Who is getting sacked left and right) gets hurt id be ok with Tyrod and his cupcake schedule. I dunno.

yeah I agree with that assessment.

in a vacuum I think its a win for Mixon, but when you add in these other variables I think the other owner gets helped alot more than you would. I wouldn't want to give another owner an advantage like that this late into the season, even if from a pure talent to talent standpoint you get the better side.

I would not give your greatest competition Taylor.

Mixon won’t add much if anything to your team. I own Mixon and hope he can improve but he has the worst OL in the NFL. He may get more yards catching passes though.

I would without hesitation pick up Mixon for Taylor.

You have Brady.

I would do what it takes to make your team better and adding depth at RB is always a good thing. Mixon has potential, but his O-line isn't helping much. If either Hunt or McCoy goes down before the end of season, you will be happy to have Mixon. Tyrod does have a pretty nice end of year schedule, but I'd still trade.

Interesting.

Wee and boiler.....what about giving my closest opponent an immediate upgrade vs me getting essentially an insurance policy? Just playing devils advocate

I know what your saying about Taylor. Just feel like we're not talking about Brady, Wentz, Wilson or one of the consistent high scoring QBs. QB is such a crap shoot. Feel like he could just as easily stream some guy that gets him more than Tyrod anyway. I tend to just do what is needed to improve my situation and let the rest fall as it may. I also don't love your Demarco, Henry or even Martin bench at this point. That Bucs offense has been horrible and may not get much better. Just see Mixon potentially helping you more than Taylor riding your bench.

I know you didn’t ask for more thoughts from me, but I still feel compelled to give more.

Taylor has the ability to get 30+ with his legs as well as his arm. Now that he has Matthews, Clay and Benjamin, he should get more passing yards. Do you really want the opponent you are playing in the playoffs to have Taylor instead of Eli or Brissett, or whoever? Taylor is top 10. And what happens if 40yr old Brady gets hurt? Don’t you need protection for your qb too?

Mixon has a small ceiling. Like I said, his OL is so bad he probably won’t break 60 yds even with 20carries. As long as Bernard is catching passes he probably won’t go off doing this. Without a td, welcome to 4-6 points.

You have five runners as it is and you have Demarco handcuffed nicely with Henry so you are protected. You don’t need Joe to give you more RB insurance. But you do need qb insurance just in case. Honestly, this trade won’t help you but it can help your competition.

Okay, i said enough. Good hunting.

TM

I know what your saying about Taylor. Just feel like we're not talking about Brady, Wentz, Wilson or one of the consistent high scoring QBs. QB is such a crap shoot. Feel like he could just as easily stream some guy that gets him more than Tyrod anyway. I tend to just do what is needed to improve my situation and let the rest fall as it may. I also don't love your Demarco, Henry or even Martin bench at this point. That Bucs offense has been horrible and may not get much better. Just see Mixon potentially helping you more than Taylor riding your bench.

Exactly.

That's a great post.

God dammit....don’t you guys know how this works......one of you say something completely insane in favor of one so it’s clear I should go the other way.

But no...here you fockin guys come with intelligent thought out posts both ways. What am I supposed to do with that?

Go get Mixon. I am probably echoing the crowd, but I did not read the whole thread. You are giving him a starter, but also gaining a starter. Back up QB (although Tyrod will do well ROS) for a RB2, yes sir. I am not 100 percent sure, but I think this ankle injury has a fishy feeling to it from Jeremy Hill and I think the Bengals want to see what they really have in Mixon as they will be looking at a decent draft position next year. I traded for Mixon this year with the hopes he would explode sometime down the stretch here so I can possibly keep him. He was touted to be just as good as Fournette in the NFL. Always, a good offensive line is necessary for this to happen so Mixon isn't producing like he potentially could Good luck.

God dammit....don’t you guys know how this works......one of you say something completely insane in favor of one so it’s clear I should go the other way.

But no...here you fockin guys come with intelligent thought out posts both ways. What am I supposed to do with that?

haha; I was thinking the exact same thing.

too d amn civil

Mixon is a very average RB on a lousy offense with 3 offensive lineman that can't block much better than a wet paper sack. No way I'd give up Tyrod to get Mixon. No way under the sun!!

Mixon is a very average RB on a lousy offense with 3 offensive lineman that can't block much better than a wet paper sack. No way I'd give up Tyrod to get Mixon. No way under the sun!!

I think he is leaning toward the other side on this one maulers (weepaws has that effect on people). Can’t say we didn’t try to educate the youngun.

Go get Mixon. I am probably echoing the crowd, but I did not read the whole thread. You are giving him a starter, but also gaining a starter. Back up QB (although Tyrod will do well ROS) for a RB2, yes sir. I am not 100 percent sure, but I think this ankle injury has a fishy feeling to it from Jeremy Hill and I think the Bengals want to see what they really have in Mixon as they will be looking at a decent draft position next year. I traded for Mixon this year with the hopes he would explode sometime down the stretch here so I can possibly keep him. He was touted to be just as good as Fournette in the NFL. Always, a good offensive line is necessary for this to happen so Mixon isn't producing like he potentially could Good luck.

No way does Mixon ever sniff the field with cyclones RBs. Mixon does have promise but not with those five stuffs blocking for him. Isn’t it painfully obvious of this? Look at his numbers man.

No way does Mixon ever sniff the field with cyclones RBs. Mixon does have promise but not with those five stuffs blocking for him. Isn’t it painfully obvious of this? Look at his numbers man.

Leaning towards holding Tyrod. I mean....David Johnson is available, Booker even. Guess if I’m going to grab a guy just for depth or for stash...could grab one of them and dump someone else.

• Like 1

No way does Mixon ever sniff the field with cyclones RBs. Mixon does have promise but not with those five stuffs blocking for him. Isnt it painfully obvious of this? Look at his numbers man.

Have you seen Martin, Murray and Henrys numbers this year? They are all terrible up to now. Murray and Henry are options to avoid unless one starts to pick up at least 70 percent of the work and stays healthy. I would start Mixon over both right now. Possibly Martin too...the Bucs are a mess. Hopefully they'll get it turned around as I have Martin in 2 leagues but Im not holding my breath.

Obviously Mixon is imperfect with his bad line and not-so-great closing schedule. The proposed trade is a tricky decision no doubt. Id probably do it just because you need better odds that one of your questionable RBs pops off to finish the season.

Mixon is just the latest Cin RB headache you probably want to avoid, I have him and hate it each week on deciding what to do with him. Will he get a TD to go along with his 30 yards on 15 carries or will I get 3-5 points. Considering the crap QBs available in your league, I think, keep Tyrod away from him and have him just in case.

I just grabbed him cheap, got Julio, Mixon, Funchess for Hunt in a keeper. Hes a mid floor low ceiling guy, one of those rb3/4 types that if you need points at least you are getting volume

although, I have Gordon, CThompson, Powell, Mixon, Burkhead, in a PPR, so hes not likely to see the field going forward for me

I would not give up Taylor to that owner. Let him stream ELI every week if he wants. You have RB backups that are better than 50% of your leagues #2 starters I bet. I would rethink it if Mixon was a keeper, but unless he catches 5 passes a game no way. That offensive line is really bad.

Do you think any of the other owners would trade a decent backup for Mixon? That would be the concern.

And in week's 13 - 16 Mixon goes against:

Pitt

Minni

Chi

Det

Not me

I will gladly sale off a back up QB for a Rb.

So are you ready to drop another player on your team to add a Brissett to back up Brady? Won't you need two QBs going into the playoffs? Who is the player you'll drop on your team now for a crappy backup QB?

Taylor would help his team more than Mixon will help yours.

Roll into the playoffs knowing that you are set at the QB position.

Not me

I will gladly sale off a back up QB for a Rb.

True normally but in this case its more about not wanting to give equal competion more help to his team than you get back on your team. Thats the whole point of this thread.

Depends.

Who's to say Taylor will post numbers like he did last week.

When you look at his numbers on a weekly bases it looks like he's been a top 12 QB three times.

So if I have Brady I'm good.

Load me up on a more depth at Rb and Wr.

Brissett has been a top 12 qbs in four weeks that he's been a Colt.

So I don't know the other owners roster but I wonder what that other owners Rbs look like.

I think Mixon will be a top baqck next year... if they fix thier Oline and get rid of their coach

So would a lot of backs though.

I guess it really depends on the nature of your league.

is it a keeper or a readraft?

In a redraft, I'd consider keeping Tyrod.

The problem with Mixon is not talent, it is the crappy line he has to run behind.

In a keeper league, I'd consider dealing to get him but it also depends on how many keepers you have.

Dynasty (where you keep a lot of players from year to year) Mixon is by far the better long term player.

thing about Mixon is it may take a year or two for him to achieve his potential

I dont think you can judge Mixon for what he has done so far. With the running back situation out there the way it is he is being used, therefore a RB1 rather you like it or not. Average points every week is better then guessing when Murray, Martin, or Peterson will show up or be given the opportunity.

A lot.

He's now the early down Rb plus short yardage that would also be the goal line att.

His value just went up today.

If I was the guy trying to get Taylor, I would ask another owner who would like to have Mixon to trade for Taylor, then trade him to me for Mixon.

A lot.

He's now the early down Rb plus short yardage that would also be the goal line att.

Just sent it before he sees Hill is out.

With Hunt on bye id have to start demarco or henry this week..yuck. Helps him...but now i dont have to worry about my entire roster ros.

Just cancelled my trade offers that included Mixon today. Still, looking at his ROS schedule is disheartening and if I can package a deal with Mixon in it for a top RB I am going to be all over it.

A lot.

Hill had 4 carries each of his last 3 weeks and doesnt have a TD this year. Not like it was a 50/50 split or anything. If Mixon picks up 3 of those carries its maybe a point per game. Its a boost but not a giant one. Having more security in goal-line duty helps too I guess.

Hill had 4 carries each of his last 3 weeks and doesnt have a TD this year. Not like it was a 50/50 split or anything. If Mixon picks up 3 of those carries its maybe a point per game. Its a boost but not a giant one. Having more security in goal-line duty helps too I guess.

Very true Hill hasn't been much of a factor.

But with him now gone he's no factor.