Sign in to follow this  
snark

Jacksonville's fake punt?

You can disagree. The nfl doesnt.

If there is a down and distance its an offensive play. See how simple my response is to yours? Its really very black and white.

My response was quite simple too. If the Special Teams unit is on the field, then it's a special teams play.

My thoughts I guess are, once you start opening up for manual scoring adjustments, it just opens up an avenue for more people to ###### and moan since that's human nature.

It's so easy to just have a built in control that says we base solely on how the NFL scores, and then not to have even acknowledge things like that.

I don't mind if a league wants to run itself their own way, but for some reason some of the guys on here advocating for it were pretty rude I thought. It's your league and feel free to run it your way, but at least recognize that you're the exception and not the rest of us. Don't try and argue so vehemently like you're right and we're wrong.

Not speaking to you directly since I don't recall who said what, so last part just aimed at the guys on this thread that apply.

Who was actually advocating it? I didn't think anyone was doing that.

Who was actually advocating it? I didn't think anyone was doing that.

read what you literally wrote just before this..." If the Special Teams unit is on the field, then it's a special teams play."

that is advocating, and you did it multiple teams on this thread.

if you want to score it like that in your league, than go ahead, but stop talking like you are right. you score your league on an exception basis, and it's made clear by the fact that you manually adjust the officially published stats. Your position is not right, no matter how much you try to advocate for it.

how else is someone supposed to interpret what you're saying?

read what you literally wrote just before this..." If the Special Teams unit is on the field, then it's a special teams play."

that is advocating, and you did it multiple teams on this thread.

if you want to score it like that in your league, than go ahead, but stop talking like you are right. you score your league on an exception basis, and it's made clear by the fact that you manually adjust the officially published stats. Your position is not right, no matter how much you try to advocate for it.

how else is someone supposed to interpret what you're saying?

You're misunderstanding the point. I'm simply explaining why we do it that way. I never at one point said that everyone should do it that way.

You're misunderstanding the point. I'm simply explaining why we do it that way. I never at one point said that everyone should do it that way.

You should know then, when you start explaining it so matter of factly 3-4 times like this, this is how you sound. Instead of saying "if the special teams unit is on the field, its a special teams play," you should say "my league likes to score it as though its a special teams play."

it should be painfully obvious that you score your league as the exception, and you're aware of it.

that's why you're getting multiple defensive responses from people, because you present your position like it is right and everyone else's league is wrong.

any individual yard is not "scored" in football either. only tds, fgs, extra points, 2 point conversions, and safeties are "scored." Elias sports bureau does keep track of 100 yard games and 300 yard passing games, yes.

i agree with whoever said its a rushing td. it's an offensive down. you punt on fourth down. just because a traditional quarterback wasn't on the field doesn't make a special teams play. i don't understand how you could see it any other way. it's not a debate, it's a fact.

My point is that nothing in FF is a fact until it is written into the league rules.

You bring up both football scoring and Elijah sports statistics tracking. So is the stats company now what FF is based on meaning how they determine to track things? Or is it the NFL? Or both? It's up to the FF league rules to determine their approach to scoring. It is a made up game that is not standardized with rules like Monopoly. Even in Monopoly some people use free parking and some don't. All the first set of rules have been changed into other desired by those who play now. Managing properties rules have been altered by some. Etc...

If someone wants to say it is special teams in their league set up, then it's a fact that it is special teams. I don't play that rule myself but others might find it more accurate than what the NFL does. This post is more about disagreeing with how they rule it. Not that they rule it one eay now.

You should know then, when you start explaining it so matter of factly 3-4 times like this, this is how you sound. Instead of saying "if the special teams unit is on the field, its a special teams play," you should say "my league likes to score it as though its a special teams play."

it should be painfully obvious that you score your league as the exception, and you're aware of it.

that's why you're getting multiple defensive responses from people, because you present your position like it is right and everyone else's league is wrong.

Ok, if you say so. Whatever.