Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

The Manica Patrick progress thread.

39th out of 43. Good showing :lol:

:thumbsdown:

That's bad, even if it were a dog show.

There were several right front tires that blew yesterday. So unless she made the tire or put it on incorrectly, it's a pretty absurd to comment on her finish with out acknowledging the tire.

She still made more money in one day than you will make in your entire life. :wave:

There were several right front tires that blew yesterday. So unless she made the tire or put it on incorrectly, it's a pretty absurd to comment on her finish with out acknowledging the tire.

Actually she caused front right to left rear contact with another car earlier, that is why the tire blew. HTH

Dude, she sucks a fatty regardless of win or lose. Whats your point?

Another poster here made a comment about how NASCAR drivers can't be athletes is a girl is competing with them on the same level.

My point is to show that she is not any competition at all.

Medium size tracks and short tracks will own her.

Agreed. I expect her to get some top 15s on the superspeedways, but barring a miracle, no way she sniffs a top 10 anywhere else.

She still made more money in one day than you will make in your entire life. :wave:

Sux could probably beat her in his 87 Toyota truck.

Another poster here made a comment about how NASCAR drivers can't be athletes is a girl is competing with them on the same level.

My point is to show that she is not any competition at all.

I was quoting shotsup as i agree with you. I dont follow racing, but i do know shes just not good enough to really be a threat to win.

Currently (excluding tennis) Rhona Rousey is the only "model Type" athlete that is actually dominant in her sport.

She was 27th at the time. :lol:

That's quite a bit different that 39th out of 43

Did you know that some of the drivers don't even try to finish the race? It's called start and park. All about owner points.

Manica is not one of those.

Yeah, you should get slapped, your thread is stupid.

Ok...Honest question. Do you consider her to be a legit competitor to the other drivers, or is she just a marketing ploy?

Ok...Honest question. Do you consider her to be a legit competitor to the other drivers, or is she just a marketing ploy?

You said it yourself..she's a legitimate competitor on superspeedways. She finished eighth last week. To ask if she's a legit competitor is kinda silly when she beat 30+ other drivers just a week ago. She's going to be comptitive in some races and suck in others. Like most drivers. She's not elite. She's not going to finish in the top ten. But two races in, she's won a pole and finished eighth. I'd have to think she's more than a marketing ploy. Even though there's nothing that could possibly be better than for her to remain competitive.

You said it yourself..she's a legitimate competitor on superspeedways. She finished eighth last week. To ask if she's a legit competitor is kinda silly when she beat 30+ other drivers just a week ago. She's going to be comptitive in some races and suck in others. Like most drivers. She's not elite. She's not going to finish in the top ten. But two races in, she's won a pole and finished eighth. I'd have to think she's more than a marketing ploy. Even though there's nothing that could possibly be better than for her to remain competitive.

She's not competitive. Last year she finished 10th in the Nationwide series. Sounds great, huh? Except only 10 drivers raced that series full time. So really she came in last when compared to the other regular drivers in that series. If she wasn't competitive at the 2nd level of NASCAR why would anyone think she'll be competitive in the top tier? She won't. But she attracts sponsors. That's the only reason she's there.

She's not competitive. Last year she finished 10th in the Nationwide series. Sounds great, huh? Except only 10 drivers raced that series full time. So really she came in last when compared to the other regular drivers in that series. If she wasn't competitive at the 2nd level of NASCAR why would anyone think she'll be competitive in the top tier? She won't. But she attracts sponsors. That's the only reason she's there.

You may have missed where I said she's not elite. She won't finish in the top ten.

You may have missed where I said she's not elite. She won't finish in the top ten.

The fact that a woman is now competing with the men at the top level tells you how athletic it is.

did you not say the above?

Do you consider her to be "competing" on the top level?

I am a huge Nascar fan, attend a couple races a year and pretty much have it on every Sunday during the season---so it's not like I'm not just jumping down your throat for giggles, I just don't see what happened this weekend as a good barometer of what she's/anyone's capable of doing. I just got a kick out you critizing her when she had a mechanical issue(I don't think the earlier rub was the reason, can't be sure though) and judging her on that. When she blew the tire she was 27th, lead lap...where Kurt Busch ended up finishing. Let's see how she does at Vegas, which is the first of the cookie cutter tracks, before we start judging her abilities.

I'm not sure how you mean marketing ploy though. She obviously came for the money, cause if it's was about her having the best chance to win, she would of stayed at Andretti racing and continued with the cars she has the most familiarity. And Stewart rushed her up to the top series because she probably brings as much sponsorship money as he and Newman combined.

I guess the answer is Yes to both, I think she can be competive(as any rookie driver will be) and it is a marketing ploy. If she was seriously trying to hone her craft, she would of done a 2nd full season in Nation wide. I see her probably being in the league of Sam Hornish when he tried to make the switch. Occasional top 10's, but I'd be SHOCKED if she finished top 20 in points this season. If she doesn't finish better than 30th for the season, with her equipment, then I'd agree she's not competive. And that's not a real high bar I'm setting there.

did you not say the above?

Do you consider her to be "competing" on the top level?

Isn't the Nascar circuit that she is currently competing at considered the top level? Where do the really good drivers like Busch and Jimmy Johnson go when they decide to move up? :wacko:

Ask any dirt track driver what his ultimate goal is. Where Patrick is currently running is the NBA, major leagues, and NFL of race driving in this country. I know you're trying (and failing miserably) to put words in my mouth and claim I said she's as good as Jimmy Johnson, but I never did.

As for if she's 'competing' or not, why don't you ask the 37 drivers she beat at the Daytona 500, their most prestigious race. hth

Isn't the Nascar circuit that she is currently competing at considered the top level? Where do the really good drivers like Busch and Jimmy Johnson go when they decide to move up? :wacko:

Ask any dirt track driver what his ultimate goal is. Where Patrick is currently running is the NBA, major leagues, and NFL of race driving in this country. I know you're trying (and failing miserably) to put words in my mouth and claim I said she's as good as Jimmy Johnson, but I never did.

As for if she's 'competing' or not, why don't you ask the 37 drivers she beat at the Daytona 500, their most prestigious race. hth

I guess we'll just have to see how she fares this year. Hence the thread.

I guess we'll just have to see how she fares this year. Hence the thread.

:lol:

I am a huge Nascar fan, attend a couple races a year and pretty much have it on every Sunday during the season---so it's not like I'm not just jumping down your throat for giggles, I just don't see what happened this weekend as a good barometer of what she's/anyone's capable of doing. I just got a kick out you critizing her when she had a mechanical issue(I don't think the earlier rub was the reason, can't be sure though) and judging her on that. When she blew the tire she was 27th, lead lap...where Kurt Busch ended up finishing. Let's see how she does at Vegas, which is the first of the cookie cutter tracks, before we start judging her abilities.

I'm not sure how you mean marketing ploy though. She obviously came for the money, cause if it's was about her having the best chance to win, she would of stayed at Andretti racing and continued with the cars she has the most familiarity. And Stewart rushed her up to the top series because she probably brings as much sponsorship money as he and Newman combined.

I guess the answer is Yes to both, I think she can be competive(as any rookie driver will be) and it is a marketing ploy. If she was seriously trying to hone her craft, she would of done a 2nd full season in Nation wide. I see her probably being in the league of Sam Hornish when he tried to make the switch. Occasional top 10's, but I'd be SHOCKED if she finished top 20 in points this season. If she doesn't finish better than 30th for the season, with her equipment, then I'd agree she's not competive. And that's not a real high bar I'm setting there.

All fair points.

As a NASCAR fan, let me ask you - Do you consider the drivers athletes?

All fair points.

As a NASCAR fan, let me ask you - Do you consider the drivers athletes?

I go back an forth on this. I consider racing a sport and I know guys like Johnson/Edwards/Martin are workout freaks, and a guy like Kyle Busch has reflexes off the chart...but then I look at Michael Waltrip and think no friggin way could that goober be an athlete.

It doesn't bother me if people don't call them athletes cause it's such a broad term.

Did you know that some of the drivers don't even try to finish the race? It's called start and park. All about owner points.

Manica is not one of those.

Sounds competitive. Actually sounds more like pro rassling. Reason #987453289 that NASCAR isn't a sport. :thumbsup:

I go back an forth on this. I consider racing a sport and I know guys like Johnson/Edwards/Martin are workout freaks, and a guy like Kyle Busch has reflexes off the chart...but then I look at Michael Waltrip and think no friggin way could that goober be an athlete.

It doesn't bother me if people don't call them athletes cause it's such a broad term.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

:lol:

I was reading something the other day about some testing done on athletes in different sports that was saying about how a top level baseball hitter could read a record label spinning at 33 where as an average NASCAR driver could read it at 78.

Thought that was kinda interesting is all.

Sounds competitive. Actually sounds more like pro rassling. Reason #987453289 that NASCAR isn't a sport. :thumbsup:

You won't set the hook this time, sporto. Like it or not NASCAR is a sport in every definition. :wave: