Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Dow hits 20,000

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that a President with a 32% approval rating is leading the charge towards all this consumer confidence. With his healthcare bill failing at every turn and his tax reform seemingly stuck on the launch pad, coupled with the uncertainty of where this Mueller investigation is headed, I tend to believe the consumer confidence is a by product of the good numbers and they're just fueling each other. I think a President has the ability to screw up the economy more than he does to actually help it. But as to not be a hypocrite, I will stick with my original claim that Obama turned the economy around in 2009 and kept it going for the rest of his tenure and Trump has done a good job of keeping that going.

Yep. I mean you can't really point to anything relevant that made it occur but by all means stick to your talking point.

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that a President with a 32% approval rating is leading the charge towards all this consumer confidence. With his healthcare bill failing at every turn and his tax reform seemingly stuck on the launch pad, coupled with the uncertainty of where this Mueller investigation is headed, I tend to believe the consumer confidence is a by product of the good numbers and they're just fueling each other. I think a President has the ability to screw up the economy more than he does to actually help it. But as to not be a hypocrite, I will stick with my original claim that Obama turned the economy around in 2009 and kept it going for the rest of his tenure and Trump has done a good job of keeping that going.

You know what drives consumer confidence? Knowing they will have work. We went from a president who told the american people their "jobs are gone and never coming back" To one that is encouraging growth and investment and fighting to keep jobs here.

It's a huge change which gives people confidence. On top of that the jobs numbers have been excellent. All that doom and gloom libtards predicted after his election turned out to be wrong. Just like everything else they do.

Also here's a tip. 1 .It's not his health care bill. 2. Nobody cares about Muh Russia.

You know what drives consumer confidence? Knowing they will have work. We went from a president who told the american people their "jobs are gone and never coming back" To one that is encouraging growth and investment and fighting to keep jobs here.

It's a huge change which gives people confidence. On top of that the jobs numbers have been excellent. All that doom and gloom libtards predicted after his election turned out to be wrong. Just like everything else they do.

Also here's a tip. 1 .It's not his health care bill. 2. Nobody cares about Muh Russia.

Job numbers have been excellent for years. Unemployment went from over 10% to under 5% under Obama. Now it's at 4.3% Why are Trump people acting like the .6% difference is this awesome thing that Trump has brought on but the 5.5% improvement under Obama was chicken scratch? :wacko:

And have you seen his rallies? That 32% who are still supporting Trump aren't really driving the economy with their purchases of flannel shirts, Dukes of Hazzard memorabilia, and pork rinds.

FUN FACT: Even if Trump or any future administration manages to get every person over the age of 18 a job the unemployment will still be 0.00000000309598% because Sho.

Have I disputed that?

Thanks for the fact irrelevant to the discussion.

Professional and business services led the way with 70,000 new positions, while health care rose 43,000 and Wall Street jobs increased by 18,000. Leisure and hospitality continued to be a big contributor to job growth, adding 45,000. Government added 38,000 to the total.

Job losses came in mining and logging (-7,000), while construction added 14,000 and manufacturing grew by 9,000.

Businesses with 50 to 499 employees led the way with 91,000, while large firms added 50,000. Small business, which has led job creation through much of the recovery, saw growth of just 17,000 for the month. Jobs overall tilted to full-time positions, which grew by 355,000, while part-time fell by 224,000.

Not major difference from 2016 to 2017.....but you can see the improvement from hospitality, food service jobs to medium and large full time businesses.

Exactly...not a huge difference. Yet one was blasted by the GOP and those here for being terrible on jobs...while Trump is being praised.

That's my point.

Coal jobs are gone...he was right. And Trump trying gbto lie to those people or placate them is foolish.

And the guy campaigned in repeal and replace...it's his bill.

And many careabout Russia...if you get outside of your alt right echo chamber.

Shocked Bored leftwingers not giving Trump credit.

Never forget they are actively rooting against america.

Shocked Bored leftwingers not giving Trump credit.

We have actually.

Not shocked you misrepresent the conversation.

Never forget they are actively rooting against america.

Literally nobody is actually doing that.

Coal jobs are gone...he was right. And Trump trying gbto lie to those people or placate them is foolish.

And the guy campaigned in repeal and replace...it's his bill.

And many careabout Russia...if you get outside of your alt right echo chamber.

I like how even though everyone is talking about job growth in a general way. You get very specific, yet you're still wrong. :lol:

Look we get it. You want everyone to be lazy lying sack of sh1t living off of government subsidies just like you. Believe it or not some people like work for their money. It's called having "pride". Look the word up.

I like how even though everyone is talking about job growth in a general way. You get very specific, yet you're still wrong. :lol:

Look we get it. You want everyone to be lazy lying sack of sh1t living off of government subsidies just like you. Believe it or not some people like work for their money. It's called having "pride". Look the word up.

Because Obama talking about jobs being gone was very specific too...he wasn't talking generally. Coal and certain manufacturing jobs.

I'm not lazy and I work.

Never have lived off a government subsidy.

And unlike you, I don't need to lie on a message board.

Try being educated before you speak next time.

Link where you actually praised Trump?

About the July Job report? In the actual thread discussing it.

Try again dumbass.

Literally nobody is actually doing that.

Cdub has the brains of a second grader. Don't expect him to ever comprehend a thread.

Exactly...not a huge difference. Yet one was blasted by the GOP and those here for being terrible on jobs...while Trump is being praised.

That's my point.

You're missing the point. I've said several times now you're trying to compare numbers in a vacuum. As if one job is worth one job when it's not. The numbers clearly show a move to better middle and high-end full-time work as opposed to part-time low-paying jobs.

You're missing the point. I've said several times now you're trying to compare numbers in a vacuum. As if one job is worth one job when it's not. The numbers clearly show a move to better middle and high-end full-time work as opposed to part-time low-paying jobs.

This guy gets it

So no link where you actually said Trump should be given credit?

I figured you were smart enough to find the thread.

My bad.

You claimed there was almost no difference between 2016 and 2017.

Because reallyvthere wasn't...the 3016 jobs were not part time and low paying jobs...nothing in what you have posted stated they were.

It's bogus excuse that was used when Ibama had a good jobs report.

I'm not surprised you are taking this stance though.

You claimed there was almost no difference between 2016 and 2017.

Because reallyvthere wasn't...the 3016 jobs were not part time and low paying jobs...nothing in what you have posted stated they were.

It's bogus excuse that was used when Ibama had a good jobs report.

I'm not surprised you are taking this stance though.

Read dipshiit. I said there's not much difference in total numbers. But again for the 4th time it's what type of jobs they were.

So because you can't differentiate the decline in unemployment between Obama and Trump, Trump's numbers are better because these are better jobs? Lol I love you, man. You try so hard. And I like people who try. :thumbsup:

Read dipshiit. I said there's not much difference in total numbers. But again for the 4th time it's what type of jobs they were.

You listed out the type of jobs...2016 that you sited were not some part time crap jobs. And your post did not state that there wasn't much difference between the total numbers...I read the post just fine

Try again.

You listed out the type of jobs...2016 that you sited were not some part time crap jobs. And your post did not state that there wasn't much difference between the total numbers...I read the post just fine

Try again.

Clearly you didnt. 2016 said leisure and hospitality was a huge contributor...those are crap jobs.

2017...those jobs are shrinking, and the biggest contributor were mid to larger companies, which are more full time, higher paying jobs.

Dumbass. Fun watching you and the neandrathal in spin class.

Clearly you didnt. 2016 said leisure and hospitality was a huge contributor...those are crap jobs.

2017...those jobs are shrinking, and the biggest contributor were mid to larger companies, which are more full time, higher paying jobs.

Dumbass. Fun watching you and the neandrathal in spin class.

Why do you believe those are crap jobs?

Andthere is no mention of how many of those smaller business jobs (50-499)would be in that category in 2017. Which were the biggest contributor in 2017 were the 59-499 employees.

I'm not the one spinning here...it's yiu trying to downplay 2016 vs 2017.

Why do you believe those are crap jobs?

Andthere is no mention of how many of those smaller business jobs (50-499)would be in that category in 2017. Which were the biggest contributor in 2017 were the 59-499 employees.

I'm not the one spinning here...it's yiu trying to downplay 2016 vs 2017.

The numbers and the articles both show a move away from small business part time jobs to higher end full time.

Again...read. Im quoting directly from the article from cnbc.

The numbers and the articles both show a move away from small business part time jobs to higher end full time.

Again...read. Im quoting directly from the article from cnbc.

My smaller business that I stated was 50-499 which made up a large part of 2017. Which didn't specify if those were hospitality and leisure jobs that you consider so bad (with no reasoning for it.)

And of quoting an article...linking helps too.

That part time is down is a good thing...no doubt about that.

Really good pullback in the small cap this month. It's running about -3.51% so far. I'm all in the DWCPF on Aug 24th.. here's to hoping it drops a bit in the next couple days, but surges the next 3 weeks! I would love a 2-3% return.

No one responded or even opened the link because it was you dumba$$ not because of the content that you provided. Thats what happens when absolutely no credibility.

It's because you don't want to admit the truth.

And you talking credibility is hilarious.

According to Cyclone, that humongous uphill trend had nothing to do with Obama, while that tiny little inchworm of upward movement is all Trump. :doh: :clap:

No seriously, the truth is what I said, I didn't even bothering opening the link because it was you and have no idea what the link even directs to. I never will. I don't open Sho links.

No seriously, the truth is what I said, I didn't even bothering opening the link because it was you and have no idea what the link even directs to. I never will. I don't open Sho links.

Convenient

• Like 1

Convenient

Since these articles are misleading, sir, I find it decidedly inconvenient that Sho posts these articles.

I watched Shawshank over the weekend I just wanted to say it.

Because you prefer to remain willfully ignorant and refuse to educate yourself in the issues. This says way more about you than it does es me.