Sign in to follow this  
"Game of Thrones": Season 7...

With all of this fast-paced stuff, you know it will take forever for Jon to get back to Winterfell to see Arya and Bran.

The sweet spot would be...

Allow 1,000s of miles of travel to take place in an instant. Who cares about travel?

But when characters interact, they need to slow it back down to the pace of previous seasons. The biggest example is Tyrian and Jaimie meeting up. They had a lot to talk about and it would have been emotional. Basically that's a pay off scene for us. I wanted to see it. Instead we got 45 seconds and we just assume the impactful moments did or didn't happen i guess.

i agree. i want to see more of these type of interactions extended.

jaime- tyrian

jaime- cersei

sansa- arya

jon- danny

jon- theon

etc

jaime- tyrian

jaime- cersei

sansa- arya

jon- danny

jon- theon

etc

The Hound - anyone

• Like 1

jaime- tyrian

jaime- cersei

sansa- arya

jon- danny

jon- theon

etc

Euron - Cersei

• Like 1

saw some of that coming, but still well done!

saw some of that coming, but still well done!

The second to last episode of the season is usually pretty intense.

As for seeing it coming, HBO has had a devil of a time keeping things under wraps this year. The entirety of season seven plot is leaked online for people that want to look for it and especially this episode in particular because it was accidentally made available early in Spain and hit the torrent boards.

yes.... i heard about that, but was trying to avoid spoilers. we knew that there would be conflict with arya and sansa, just did not know how it would play out. i had a hunch that they would lose a dragon to the walkers.

Can someone help me out with whats going on with arya and Sansa? I have a raging toothache and I've taken about 10 Advil. Thanks

Can someone help me out with whats going on with arya and Sansa? I have a raging toothache and I've taken about 10 Advil. Thanks

HBO doesn't know what to do with Littlefinger now that they're off the books, this is what they've come up with.

HBO doesn't know what to do with Littlefinger now that they're off the books, this is what they've come up with.

What did they come up? Lost

arya has questioned sansa's loyalty since season one where arya beat joffrey and sansa did not validate the story...lead to death and release of two dire wolves. Sansa essentially backed everything lannister to be a princess/queen, including the execution of their father

arya has questioned sansa's loyalty since season one where arya beat joffrey and sansa did not validate the story...lead to death and release of two dire wolves. Sansa essentially backed everything lannister to be a princess/queen, including the execution of their father

Ok, but what happens now? Did she have little fingers face and tell Sansa to send Brienne away?

What did they come up? Lost

Let me try again...

Littlefinger is plotting to get Sansa to turn on Jon. He's spreading dissent with the various lords, he's meeting spys in secret.

He's also turning the sisters on each other. They're family but to the extend siblings don't like each other, that was them. The scroll he planted for Arya to find was the one Cersei forced her write to Winterfell under duress. It makes her look like a traitor.

Ok, but what happens now? Did she have little fingers face and tell Sansa to send Brienne away?

No. She has to kill somebody to get their face.

we do not know about that yet.

Let me try again...

Littlefinger is plotting to get Sansa to turn on Jon. He's spreading dissent with the various lords, he's meeting spys in secret.

He's also turning the sisters on each other. They're family but to the extend siblings don't like each other, that was them. The scroll he planted for Arya to find was the one Cersei forced her write to Winterfell under duress. It makes her look like a traitor.

pretty much. as for the bold, i think arya never respected sansa for her passivity during ned's execution and the treatment administered by the lannisters to the starks.

this show is incredible, I loved it, but....

I'm struggling a bit with some of the plot lines and decisions the characters are making.

The Arya/Sansa "instant war" isn't all that convincing to me - atgain, maybe this is b/c of lack of time to develop it fully/convincingly

The entire decision to "capture" a white walker was dumb from the get go, and now Dany's helicopter rescue of Seal Team 11 is a bit eye-roll worthy.

Gendry and that Raven took all of what? 8 hours to get the rescue under way? The "heroes" should have been there for days before rescue and they should have all been dead.

Jon in the icy water... sure, just take a swim and then ride for miles home.

They are telegraphing Dany and Jon having a child... how many tiimes will Dany's lines include some version of "they are my children, my only children, I'll never have any other children"... the writing used to be more subtle than this.

Overall, it's fantastically enjoyable but it's a different show now that HBO is on its own writing/finishing it. The show is more of a fast-paced, audience pleasing, formulaic story as opposed to the unique/edgy/realistic (despite dragons and magic) show it once was.

• Like 1

That Gendry can't row worth a fock, but god damn if he can't run like the Usain Bolt, in the snow and never get tired.

• Like 1

this show is incredible, I loved it, but....

I'm struggling a bit with some of the plot lines and decisions the characters are making.

The Arya/Sansa "instant war" isn't all that convincing to me - atgain, maybe this is b/c of lack of time to develop it fully/convincingly

The entire decision to "capture" a white walker was dumb from the get go, and now Dany's helicopter rescue of Seal Team 11 is a bit eye-roll worthy.

Gendry and that Raven took all of what? 8 hours to get the rescue under way? The "heroes" should have been there for days before rescue and they should have all been dead.

Jon in the icy water... sure, just take a swim and then ride for miles home.

They are telegraphing Dany and Jon having a child... how many tiimes will Dany's lines include some version of "they are my children, my only children, I'll never have any other children"... the writing used to be more subtle than this.

Overall, it's fantastically enjoyable but it's a different show now that HBO is on its own writing/finishing it. The show is more of a fast-paced, audience pleasing, formulaic story as opposed to the unique/edgy/realistic (despite dragons and magic) show it once was.

This x100

The show used to be far fetched in a good way, unlike most shows and movies I have ever seen.

Now it is far fetched, in a crap way, like everything else you see.

They sit there on a rock, freezing their asses off, surrounded by undead. The hound throws a couple rocks? why? They get attacked and magically have a bunch of space to fall back to? Did the undead behind them, just not attack for some reason? Fock off HBO. DO BETTER :mad:

eta:

Who didn't know Khaleesi would come riding in on a dragon to save the day.

Someone please tell me. WHERE DID THE 3rd focking dragon go? Just disappeared :wall:

At that point, the 3rd dragon should have dove head 1st into the water and plucked Jon Snow out and given him a ride back.

I have been OK with all of the "fast travel" that people have complained about... it hasn't really bothered me - I just chalked it up as something you had to accept and get by... none of it really affected plot lines that much.

But Gendry runs back to the wall... a raven is sent... the raven gets to Dany... Dany and dragons ride north... all happened before the ice froze? before the heroes froze? before the army of the dead could reach/klll 10 guys?

that is fatally bad storytelling and all the fantastic special effects i the world can't cover that up... and those effects were focking awesome.

What was good?

A lot of the dialogue with the Jon's heroes was really good.

The Tyrion/Dany scenes were great... a very realistic portrayal of a Queen (or CEO?) and the adviser (VP, GM) that's tip-toeing around a difficult discussion.

The Jon/Dany chemistry is good - I've heard some criticism of this and it's good IMO.

And the show is doing a good job of making us see that the Night King "understands"... whereas Jon/Dany/etc. don't really understand what's happening... the Night King isn't surprised by dragons or how to fight them.... Jon/Dany still don't know what/how white walkers work/die.

Sam will obviously be critical to informing them/us.

I think it's likely that when this all ends, there will be no dragons and no white walkers... just the the people fighting over the throne again and quickly forgetting all that happened until it's just legend again.

I have been OK with all of the "fast travel" that people have complained about... it hasn't really bothered me - I just chalked it up as something you had to accept and get by... none of it really affected plot lines that much.

But Gendry runs back to the wall... a raven is sent... the raven gets to Dany... Dany and dragons ride north... all happened before the ice froze? before the heroes froze? before the army of the dead could reach/klll 10 guys?

that is fatally bad storytelling and all the fantastic special effects i the world can't cover that up... and those effects were focking awesome.

What was good?

A lot of the dialogue with the Jon's heroes was really good.

The Tyrion/Dany scenes were great... a very realistic portrayal of a King (or CEO?) and the adviser (VP, GM) that's tip-toeing around a difficult discussion.

The Jon/Dany chemistry is good - I've heard some criticism of this and it's good IMO.

And the show is doing a good job of making us see that the Night King "understands"... whereas Jon/Dany/etc. don't really understand what's happening... the Night King isn't surprised by dragons or how to fight them.... Jon/Dany still don't know what/how white walkers work/die.

Sam will obviously be critical to informing them/us.

I think it's likely that when this all ends, there will be no dragons and no white walkers... just the the people fighting over the throne again and quickly forgetting all that happened until it's just legend again.

You're missing a very important element to winning the battle against the Night King, WW, etc.

Bran Stark - will he worg the undead dragon? Probably

You're missing a very important element to winning the battle against the Night King, WW, etc.

Bran Stark

yes.

True.

and that big, focking, white tree that appear in Winterfell in EVERY opening credits scene but we still don't really understand it or it's significance.

I see quite a few people saying that Arya was being "annoying" this episode.

Why do people hate Arya? Sansa is the annoying one. Letting little finger control her.

Going to be a great scene when Little Finger meets Needle

Arya has matured way more than sansa. Just because of a pickle tickle she thinks she's had it rough. Arya had it rough over there in Bravos.

it's good that they're both at least talking/acknowledging to each other that they had a "rough" time... it would be implausible to think that they'd just never talk about it to each other

there are two threads keeping the Arya/Sansa story from being complete rubbish: 1. the seeds that were planted long ago showing how strained their relationship was, 2. Tyrion repeatedly talking about his sister being a monster, thereby reminding us that just because it's a sibling doesn't mean that can be terrible and hated.

Is it me or are Sansa and Arya like ginger and Maryann?

With Ginger and Maryann you could have a decent debate on which one you'd rather give a good rogering too.

With Sansa and Arya, there is no debate. Unless of course, you are CBF and you couldn't possibly do it with a girl over 5'10

Arya had it rough over there in Bravos.

Rougher than Sansa had it with Joffrey/Cersei, Littlefinger/Aunt Lysa/Robin, and the Boltons? Yeah I don't know about that.

Rougher than Sansa had it with Joffrey/Cersei, Littlefinger/Aunt Lysa/Robin, and the Boltons? Yeah I don't know about that.

agreed.

I don't think Arya survives Sansa's ordeals.

And I don't think Sansa survives Arya's ordeals.

IMO, the conflict between Stark girls did an admirable job of subtly asking that quesiton and letting the viewers consider it and appreciate Sansa's "strenght" as much as Arya's.

Rape seems more fun than being blind and stabbed in the gut

Ariya is more like a typical Stark. Willing to die for their family and ideals. Sansa may end up the best Stark at playing the game of thrones. She may be using little finger as much as little finger is using her and she looks after her own personal interest more than a typical Stark.

Rape seems more fun than being blind and stabbed in the gut

90% of what Arya went through was by her own choice. She waited out being blind and got stabbed and survived. Yeah that sucks but I think most people would take that over being married off to two different psychopaths (one of whom killed her father) who not only brutally raped her repeatedly but also made her live in fear every minute of every day - and not fear of being hit with a stick like Arya had - but fear that they might put her head on a spike or hunt her down with dogs and feed her to them. And that's not ever to mention the crazy aunt who might throw her out the Moon-Door at any point and having Littlefinger fock with her head the whole time, eventually selling her off to the focking Boltons. Sansa had it much worse.

Why do people hate Arya? Sansa is the annoying one. Letting little finger control her.

How much is LF really controlling her though? In the one scene he's basically setting it up to have Brienne defend her should Arya come after her, in the next scene she is sending Brienne to King's Landing. Not sure what her game is at this point.

Yeah that sucks but I think most people would take that over being married off to two different psychopaths (one of whom killed her father) who not only brutally raped her repeatedly but also made her live in fear every minute of every day - and not fear of being hit with a stick like Arya had - but fear that they might put her head on a spike or hunt her down with dogs and feed her to them. And that's not ever to mention the crazy aunt who might throw her out the Moon-Door at any point and having Littlefinger fock with her head the whole time, eventually selling her off to the focking Boltons. Sansa had it much worse.

Sansa wasn't married to Joffrey, she was married to Tyrion...

Sansa wasn't married to Joffrey, she was married to Tyrion...

:doublethumbsup: